DAZ Studio Pro 4.7.0.12, General Release, Now Available!

Comments

• PeteHPeteH Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

myjunk said:
    Still can't get Reality 2.5 to show up anyone else having this issue?

It shows that the Reality Engine is there in the Plug-In list, but there is no option in the Render Settings pane. Is this a Reality issue or are to wait for Reality 4 to be available in December?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I don't have Reality, so I can't look - but did you read the message by AnubicDarqueStudios before yours about the hidden render options - he looked for the toon render ...
    Maybe Reality got hidden by accident too?

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,171
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Could somebody tell me why Daz3d is creating really, really
    good documentation of the new features
    - with screenshots and all -
    and does NOT link to that in the first message of the thread????

Because it isn't finished. I'm still building it while I wait for my code to compile.

-Rob

edited December 1969

I was so scared! You see I use the Toon style rendering almost all the time as I used it for the past 8 years for my webcomic..... and I got this one downloaded... and no toon style setting. FREAK OUT! I yelled I cursed (all in my head) and panicked. I went though the settings again and again making sure I had not missed it..... and it wasnt there. then I found... "Show hidden settings" with trembling fingers... I selected it.... and BINGO! Style suddenly appeared..... with more trembling fingers I selected it.... AND THERE IT WAS! I was saved! Daz has kept Toon rendering and I could continue my slip into the insanity that is webcomic production.

Can you please not scare me in the future by hiding settings like that?

The option is still there, but hidden, for the sake of backward compatibility. It should be automatically unhidden when a scene that uses it is loaded. It's hidden by default because it actually doesn't belong where it is (or where its been). The scope/context of the option is incorrect. The option only works with the default material, and only with the 3Delight renderer.

The Default Lights and Shaders package includes some Shader Presets that allow you to apply the toon versions of the default shaders to individual surfaces. I'm considering adding a Toon (on/off) option to the default material to make it a little more accessible, but need to consider the ripple effect it will have.

-Rob

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    I don't have Reality, so I can't look - but did you read the message by AnubicDarqueStudios before yours about the hidden render options - he looked for the toon render ...
    Maybe Reality got hidden by accident too?

I found the hidden Cartoon option, but Reality wasn't there. I had intended to upgrade Reality anyway, so I'll just have to wait (???)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,145
    edited December 1969

Reality 4 hits in another week so not too long to wait

• jdfoxjdfox Posts: 38
    edited February 2016

X

Post edited by jdfox on
  • AaronHAaronH Posts: 79
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

While it comes out in a week or say i don't have the money to buy a program i just bout a couple of months ago when it was released as new.

I'd really like to be able to use it now with the new update and cant' seem to find it anyplace in the program outside of the plugin options.

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

myjunk said:
    RAMWolff said:

While it comes out in a week or say i don't have the money to buy a program i just bout a couple of months ago when it was released as new.

I'd really like to be able to use it now with the new update and cant' seem to find it anyplace in the program outside of the plugin options.

1) In Studio go to Window>Workspace>Customize... menu or press F3 in the keyboard
    2) In the Customize dialog box, scroll in the left column until Reality Engine group and expand it to see Reality icon
    3) On the right column select the Menus tab
    4) Expand the Main Menu group and &Render; Group
    5) Drag Reality icon from the left column to the right column at the &Render; group and put it where you want
    6) Press Apply
    7) Press Accept
    8) Go to Happy Renders ;-)

Captura_de_Tela_2014-11-26_às_23.14_.44_.png
    922 x 931 - 216K
    Captura_de_Tela_2014-11-26_às_23.13_.41_.png
    1000 x 522 - 189K
  • DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

Ever since I updated to 4.7 I get an error box everytime I start Daz:

writeAuth: Couldn't open configuration file for writing.

I have to click through it and it's very annoying. Does anyone know what may be causing this?

I am also getting this problem. As was someone else in another thread who didn't get an answer that resolved the problem.

There doesn't appear to be any reference to the problem in the log of the start up. The only recorded errors in the log.txt are:

WARNING: general\dzcorefactories.cpp(766): Duplicate guid passed to DzCoreFactories::addClassFactory()
    WARNING: general\dzcorefactories.cpp(766): Duplicate guid passed to DzCoreFactories::addClassFactory()

WARNING: 3DConnexion Plug-in Error: Could not create Device, CoCreateInstance failed
    3D mouse support library could not be loaded.

and

WARNING: QFile::flush: No file engine. Is IODevice open?
    WARNING: QLayout: Cannot add null widget to QGridLayout/

... none of which look related.

Any ideas? I'm finding this error message every start worrying.

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 1969

jdfox said:

Is there a format I can use so the images are already optimized, or is this not possible?

Assuming you render in 3Delight... Optimising means running tdlmake - a special 3Delight-only utility - on each image. It's a console one, so you probably don't want to do it manually =)

In my experience, how many images there are to expicitly optimise before render starts depends on how much time passes after the scene loads, before you hit render. Generally, DS starts tdlmake processes in the background after loading the scene, so when there is a lot of images, then they may not all get processed on time (and how many will, depends on time and how free the system resources are for background processes).

In theory, you could render to RIB with "collect and localise" on, and then manually copy the tdl files (3Delight mipmapped textures) into the temp directory DS uses every time you load the scene (will it be quicker, though?), or maybe just try assigning the tdl files directly in the DS surface tab (hoping it won't rerun optimisation on them). But I never tried this.

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,343
    edited December 1969

PSD + Automatically refresh images + IPR = Wowwwww!!!

• AaronHAaronH Posts: 79
    edited December 1969

MBusch said:
    myjunk said:
    RAMWolff said:

1) In Studio go to Window>Workspace>Customize... menu or press F3 in the keyboard
    2) In the Customize dialog box, scroll in the left column until Reality Engine group and expand it to see Reality icon
    5) Drag Reality icon from the left column to the right column at the &Render; group and put it where you want
    6) Press Apply
    7) Press Accept

Thank you! Thank You! Thank You! i've never played much with the customize, call me too new :)

• edited December 1969

like the new layout setup, and the colorization makes it have a little more class too. Wish that they would make it possible to do like Photoshop, and have a recovery option. T^T stops from artists losing out on work that could have taken a while just to make sure that it looked right and had all of the items in it.

• Anubic DarqueAnubic Darque Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

rbtwhiz said:
    I was so scared! You see I use the Toon style rendering almost all the time as I used it for the past 8 years for my webcomic..... and I got this one downloaded... and no toon style setting. FREAK OUT! I yelled I cursed (all in my head) and panicked. I went though the settings again and again making sure I had not missed it..... and it wasnt there. then I found... "Show hidden settings" with trembling fingers... I selected it.... and BINGO! Style suddenly appeared..... with more trembling fingers I selected it.... AND THERE IT WAS! I was saved! Daz has kept Toon rendering and I could continue my slip into the insanity that is webcomic production.

Can you please not scare me in the future by hiding settings like that?

The option is still there, but hidden, for the sake of backward compatibility. It should be automatically unhidden when a scene that uses it is loaded. It's hidden by default because it actually doesn't belong where it is (or where its been). The scope/context of the option is incorrect. The option only works with the default material, and only with the 3Delight renderer.

The Default Lights and Shaders package includes some Shader Presets that allow you to apply the toon versions of the default shaders to individual surfaces. I'm considering adding a Toon (on/off) option to the default material to make it a little more accessible, but need to consider the ripple effect it will have.

-Rob

I have to admit, after 8 years I have gotten used to seeing toon style as a render option, so that would be my preference. but no, it didnt unhide when I opened a scene that is usually toon rendered. I had to search as described above.
    Even though it might not really be in the right place technically, its in the right place... logicly ... if that makes sense

edited December 1969

MBusch said:
    myjunk said:
    RAMWolff said:

6) Press Apply
    7) Press Accept

Many Thanks for finding that hidden spot. It's now working as expected.

• scathascatha Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

All that comes up for me is a Win-32.exe download... what happened to the 64-bit version?

• CriosCrios Posts: 2,648
    edited November 2014

sorry - i've mistaken thread. Can remove this post?

Post edited by Crios on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

scatha said:
    All that comes up for me is a Win-32.exe download... what happened to the 64-bit version?

If you talk about exe, you are not talking about DIM (which gives you zip files) ...
    If you go here https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_13176
    and scroll down, you should see the 64bit download too ... (it's the last one).

• jdfoxjdfox Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

jdfox said:

Is there a format I can use so the images are already optimized, or is this not possible?

Assuming you render in 3Delight... Optimising means running tdlmake - a special 3Delight-only utility - on each image. It's a console one, so you probably don't want to do it manually =)

In my experience, how many images there are to expicitly optimise before render starts depends on how much time passes after the scene loads, before you hit render. Generally, DS starts tdlmake processes in the background after loading the scene, so when there is a lot of images, then they may not all get processed on time (and how many will, depends on time and how free the system resources are for background processes).

In theory, you could render to RIB with "collect and localise" on, and then manually copy the tdl files (3Delight mipmapped textures) into the temp directory DS uses every time you load the scene (will it be quicker, though?), or maybe just try assigning the tdl files directly in the DS surface tab (hoping it won't rerun optimisation on them). But I never tried this.

Thank you for the info, I'm beginning to understand how it works.

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited November 2014

The update looks tremendous. Please tell me, will I be fine if I uninstall DS 4.6 and install DS 4.7 in its place? I have a huge folder tree, luckily nested outside the installation folder. I just can't afford trial and error now that I have a commission pending.

I use Windows 8.1 64-bit and DS 4.6 is 64-bit too, of course.

Post edited by cecilia.robinson on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

The update looks tremendous. Please tell me, will I be fine if I uninstall DS 4.6 and install DS 4.7 in its place? I have a huge folder tree, luckily nested outside the installation folder. I just can't afford trial and error now that I have a commission pending.

It should be, if you want to play safe back-up your installer or the zip from the DIM downloads before updating.

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

DavidGB said:
    Ever since I updated to 4.7 I get an error box everytime I start Daz:

writeAuth: Couldn't open configuration file for writing.

I have to click through it and it's very annoying. Does anyone know what may be causing this?

I am also getting this problem. As was someone else in another thread who didn't get an answer that resolved the problem.

There doesn't appear to be any reference to the problem in the log of the start up. The only recorded errors in the log.txt are:

WARNING: 3DConnexion Plug-in Error: Could not create Device, CoCreateInstance failed
    3D mouse support library could not be loaded.

and

WARNING: QFile::flush: No file engine. Is IODevice open?
    WARNING: QLayout: Cannot add null widget to QGridLayout/

... none of which look related.

Any ideas? I'm finding this error message every start worrying.

To add a few details:

The 'writeAuth: Couldn't open configuration file for writing' error box comes up over the splash screen, after the splash screen has been showing 'building interface' for awhile. On clicking to acknowledge the error box, the main program window opens and the splash screen closes. There's nothing recorded about the problem in the log.txt. Running DS as administrator makes no difference - same error box. My firewall/anit-virus/HIPS program, Comodo, doesn't show itself as having blocked anything.

• cory77_dad5a3bd45cory77_dad5a3bd45 Posts: 73
    edited December 1969

hi all

potential silly question here. How do get rid of the ugly checkered background when rendering a figure only. i liked the plain one used in 4.6. thanks.

• adam.johnsonadam.johnson Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

Photoshop 3D Bridge.

Hi all,

I've just installed DAZ 4.7 via the install manager.

I have Photoshop CC 2014.2.1 and the Photoshop 3D Bridge connection doesn't work for me :-(

I get the same error I used to get with DAZ 4.6 which is:

"Could not complete the DAZ Studio 3D Bridge command because of a program error."

Is Photoshop CC 2014 not supported yet? or is there something I have to update manually to get this to work?

I'm running 64bit versions of DAZ 4.7 and Photoshop CC 2014. I've ran them as a normal user and then both as admin.

Can somebody give a guide on how to get this to work if they've got it to work please.

• adam.johnsonadam.johnson Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

Photoshop 3D Bridge.

Hi all,

I've just installed DAZ 4.7 via the install manager.

I have Photoshop CC 2014.2.1 and the Photoshop 3D Bridge connection doesn't work for me :-(

I get the same error I used to get with DAZ 4.6 which is:

"Could not complete the DAZ Studio 3D Bridge command because of a program error."

Is Photoshop CC 2014 not supported yet? or is there something I have to update manually to get this to work?

I'm running 64bit versions of DAZ 4.7 and Photoshop CC 2014. I've ran them as a normal user and then both as admin.

Can somebody give a guide on how to get this to work if they've got it to work please.

I just reinstalled the 3D Bridge plugin again and now it works :D

• DarkUrComicsDarkUrComics Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Thanks to all for this great product. :)

• cory77_dad5a3bd45cory77_dad5a3bd45 Posts: 73
    edited December 1969

never mind i see that only appears in the render window and not the final picture.

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

It should be, if you want to play safe back-up your installer or the zip from the DIM downloads before updating.

Thank you, I will. This way, I can still access DS 4.5 as well as older Bryce and Hexagon.

edited November 2014

DavidGB said:
    To add a few details:

The 'writeAuth: Couldn't open configuration file for writing' error box comes up over the splash screen, after the splash screen has been showing 'building interface' for awhile. On clicking to acknowledge the error box, the main program window opens and the splash screen closes. There's nothing recorded about the problem in the log.txt. Running DS as administrator makes no difference - same error box. My firewall/anit-virus/HIPS program, Comodo, doesn't show itself as having blocked anything.

One (or more) plugin that you have installed is (are) attempting to register its classes with a GUID that is already in use. To isolate which plugin is doing this, you can uncheck all separately installed plugins in the Help > About Installed Plugins... dialog, accept the dialog and then close DAZ Studio. Next, clear the log. When you restart DAZ Studio, the plugins that you unchecked will not be loaded. If you then look at the log, you should not see the error. If you do, the conflict is in the plugins that ship with the application (not likely). If you don't, then you can systematically re-enable each plugin that you originally disabled, closing and restarting the application and then checking the log until the error returns. Once it returns, you've identified a player. I say "player" because there are few ways this can happen and the solution varies depending on the scenario.

Post edited by rbtwhiz on