ZDG random Daz Studio discoveries and questions.

Comments

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

Your girls are looking nice in their revamped outfits, ZDG! I like how you've used the shaders so that the are coordinated from head to toe.

FW Eve is rather lovely, pointy ears and all!

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited November 2014

The new IDG Silks and Lace cloth has arrived.

Aiko had just received her new set of EmmaAndJordi arm bands that she wanted to wear to the Elf dance that weekend. Unfortunately they had arrived from a dishonest Off-World Supplier that was selling the old V4 attire as the new items. Obviously they didn’t fit, so she asked her friend FW Eve if she had a quick solution.

Having dealt with worn out and torn hand-me-down leftovers her entire life, FW Eve had become good friends with a hobbyist tailor on the edge of town. He could just-about fix anything. He had even managed to completely make a new dresses from scratch, using nothing other then the incomplete shreds of cloth of the original as a template once, he's good. He could easily re-size a set of arm bands. So off they went to meet him.

At the tailor Elf’s house, they noticed that he had just received a shipment of the latest IDG Silk and Lace designer cloth, along with some free samples of other IDG stuff. Aiko could not resist checking out the newest fashion in cloth styles before the tailor had finished resizing the second arm band.

(No I did not get a V4 item, the G2F outfit in the Daz store is infarct a G2F item, as you can plainly see in the render. The ankles and armbands that Aiko6 is wearing. It's just a story plot. Besides, as much as I like the Dress that Eve is wearing. It probably has not been “in style” for around three-thousand years, That’s a little bit beyond hand-me-down, lol.)

Before and after pics, to show what was done up. These are "Progressive scan" tests. The full render is pending.

IDG_ZsgElves001053c03_ps001.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 2M
    IDG_ZsgElves001StockSet002c03_ps001lbl1.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 825K
    Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
    edited November 2014

What was this or that in the render in the last post...

Aiko 6;
    Jana Hair, Bow dress, G2F Sandles (Wilmap),
    “Elven Fantasy Outfit” for G2F (Anklets and Arm bands)

FW Eve;
    Lady Florence Hair, Hair Bow Adapted from “G2F Evening Dress” (Wilmap),
    Dynamic Circle Skirt, bracelets “Serena Show Girl”, Stockings “Kiriko outfit”
    Stitch Top “Peddle Pushers outfit”(Wilmap), Sandals “Natural Patchwork 2”.

Both Aiko and Eve wearing “NA Panties” (Wachiwi Finery)

David5;
    “Pure Hair Classic for Genesis”, Shirt (Vest and long sleeve) “M5 Casual Male”
    Pants “Genesis Casual Pants and Top” (Wilmap), Slippers, “Elven Dress for Genesis”.

Miscellaneous;
    Carafe “Wine Me”, Scissors and thread bobbin “Everyday Household Items”,
    Door curtains “Guineveres Bower” tapestry.

Props made with Daz Studio Primitives.
    Needle threader earring, pincushion bracelet, sowing needles, thimble, cloth spool containers, IDG promo booklets, small opening curtains and rods, sea side large curtains and rods, door curtain rods, and the lace sample in Aiko's hand.

Good grief, that's an impressive list now that I look at it. Every Item listed above was done up using the “IDG Silk and Lace Shaders”, except the figure, hair, and cardboard part of the cloth shipping tubes. Also, the seats (shader bump map in diffuse color box), tables, tabletops, and candle holders (Not the candle in the holder), were also done up using the IDG shader set as well.

O.K. Now that that test “Progressive Scan” render is done, I'm letting this comp crank out an all out render as I sleep. I'll Post that much higher quality one to my gallery (under miscellaneous) later on after some much needed rest.

“O” and that dress, I'll post how I did that when I wake up, night y'all.

(EDIT, the sets are "Eastern Terrace" on the island from "Sea Scapes". Sea and sky also from "Sea Scapes".)

P.S. Thanks for the reply DG, I got a tad distracted with shader fun.
    Thanks Jindi, it was a WIP for this set of posts.
    Thanks for the info Scott, I'll keep that in mind next time I use Aiko 6.

edited December 1969

Morning, 11 hours and counting. Just waiting on the Bow on Aiko6. I'll give it a few more before calling DOA. At least the textures on the silk suit (David5 right) came out much better.

IDG_ZDGelves_InProgress_001crop1.jpg
    1915 x 1046 - 1M
    edited November 2014

27 hours in, and it is slowly getting there. About six hours and change for each 32x32 pixel square. It looks good, it is just bloody slow, and it will be unbearable for others with lesser processors. For example, Starion's new processor would take over eight hours per 32x32 pixel square (8-core vs 6-core). Or some where over thirty-six hours total for this scene.

And that is not even God-like render settings. I forgot to set AA to 8x8, and the ray depth is only at 'Five'. Currently rendering at 6x6 AA, 36 shadow samples, 0.20 Shading rate, "Sinc" filter, 6x6 Pixel Filter Width.

Compare that to the "Casting Reflections" renders in my Gallery, done at 8x8 AA, 8 ray depth, 64 shadow samples, 0.02 Shading rate (or less-then), "Sinc" filter, 8x8 Pixel Filter Width. The longest of was just under sixteen hours (The Staph Of Render Hell ones). However, they did not have semitransparent surfaces multiple layers thick.

This is not just an aspect of the IDG shaders, nor the Bow Dress. It is Glossy, semi-reflective surfaces, with semitransparent maps, in multiple layers, viewed from the side. A combination that is, 'Shure', to bring any render engine, on any processor to it's knees, lol.

I'm sure there are ways to circumvent this without sacrificing quality. Just something for others to keep in mind when they pull out the really nice layered lace dresses.

Chat later, I'm letting this comp finish this, while I clean the house a bit. (Gamer edit, "Lace Layers Dresses", lol)

IDG_ZDGelves_InProgressFull_003crop1.jpg
    291 x 141 - 35K
    edited November 2014

Well, an odd translation in order I guess. I last looked at the screen at about 29 hours and change into the render.
    Finished Rendering

Total Rendering Time: 2 days -41.-14 seconds

2 days (48 hours) minus What!? It has not been more then 33 hours since I started the render.

2000x1500 upload (100% quality jpg, unless Daz understandably drops that to save there servers.)
    http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/46621/

In any case, I can now look at the surface settings for that dress now, lol.
    (Edit)
    This was my last render with Daz Studio 4.6, apparently 4.7 arrived while my computer was crunching the past two days.

edited December 1969

Or perhaps not my last 4.6 render, lol. I got distracted with setting up another cool looking scene.

A New dress, some one is ecstatic to have.

IDG_FwEve007finalDress01027c11_Lq001.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 408K
    edited November 2014

Well here is what I did to create that cool surface, after fussing with settings till I forgot where I started, lol.

Load a color preset of choice, one with darker dark areas will be best to show the effect in 3delight. Then load a bump texture. I chose “Satin-Silk 7” color, and “Bump 04” from the IDG set.

Assuming your not rendering this in something other then Daz Studio with 3delight. Now we fix the “angle” of the surface 'Normal' by setting it back to the default “89.90” from 180.

Now we are ready for the cool effect. Sometimes ray-trace reflections don’t work with omUberSurface, and maps must be used. This time we are using a lace map to make a cool gloss effect. Find the jpg or other image file of choice for this, as it will be going many places as follows.

Specular Color (1), leave the color in the numbers box alone, just drop in the map.
    Specular Color 2, ignore it, leave it alone.

Down to reflection. Turn it on if it is not (Reflection Active).
    Select “Environment Map” for the “Reflection Mode”.
    “Reflection Environment Map (Map in lat/long format)”, Set the color to white (255r255g255b) and drop in the map
    “Reflection Color”, Set it to (192red 192green 192blue), and drop the map in there.
    “Reflection Strength”, set it to 100% if it is not already.
    “Reflection Blur” , Leave it at 25% if it is already there.

And there you go. Only the patron in the map of choice will appear to shimmer, while the rest of the cloth will be some what normal looking to an extent. The map I chose from the IDG set was “la60.jpg” in the IDG lace patron textures folder (path in one of the screen-caps).

"O" the complementary color used on the bow, wrist bands, shirt stitches, and the waistband, was "Nylon 7" from the IDG set.

SpecMapUsed_001.png
    360 x 568 - 138K
    ReflectSetttings_001.png
    387 x 610 - 26K
    Reset_Angle_ValueToDefault_001.png
    473 x 136 - 7K
    edited November 2014

What was I thinking, that I could grab that 4.7 update, and keep on working. lol. A few thing have changed, possibly more then just the interface as this scene was rendering fine before the update. Hmmm.

It should have been as simple as dropping the new key patterns in, and hitting render. :coolhmm:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/716085/
    It worked before, why not now? (edit, possibly an issue with Gogo's AoA mats, time to do some digging)

SomeThingsHaveChanged_001.png
    1206 x 937 - 567K
    edited November 2014

Yes, that's a subsurface shader issue, happens to me from time to time. I don't know if you've fixed it by now but it should resolve if you close and restart Studio. If it doesn't, try running it as administrator.

I meant to comment last night... I think your Eve character is enchanting! Love the render of her trying out her new outfit! It was also fun having a look around her room and seeing all the things she has in there.

Wow, Aiko's bow took quite a time to render! I had a similar issue some time ago when I made a shiny lace shader of my own. I think it was a double layer of the one on her sleeve cuffs in this test render. I had to make do with a single layer in the end.

shiny_lace.jpg
    500 x 598 - 111K
    Post edited by IndigoJanson on
    edited November 2014

Thanks, it was an improvement of the almost-room in that blue Skirt auto-fit joke in my "gallery" front page. Fw Eve 1size doesn't "fit all", lol.
    I couldn't find a regular straight side flower pot to prop up that corner of the hand-me-down bed, lol.

I have some theories about why. Glossy/reflective and almost-transparent doubles the amount of ray paths that need to be looked at. The angle was probably another as it was a reflection into a funnel, plus all the bounces of the four layers of the bow, into that funnel.

I may have forgotten to set the shader "Angle" back to reality (89.90), that will simply send the shader off in to an endless loop of ray bouncing off it's self I think.

"O" it was something bad in the cache/temp folder, I guess. A restart of Daz Studio dose force daz to flush that cache. The shader for Gogo is working again, I don't know what the status is on that other stuff I don't have.
    (edit)
    might as well post a render of the last pattern added over rander. Been a long day, and I'm beginning to fade.

Nice dress by the way Jindi, is that a modified dress, or a custom dress you crafted? (Edit2) I like that hair on the figure, is that style for Dawn, Genesis, etc?

GogoGreekLace004001c9_016pre1.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 701K
    edited December 1969

Ah, the cache.. that explains it. Gogo is looking good in that top!

The hair in my render is Duchesse (http://www.daz3d.com/duchesse-hair). It's a V4 hair but no problems putting on my Genesis (1) character, as far as I recall. The dress is the confusingly-named The Skirt for Genesis (http://www.daz3d.com/the-skirt), which I find very versatile with lots of useful morphs. I did have to make some new surface groups for it here though.

edited November 2014

Thanks, that shirt was from the "Hot Mess" bundle, or the j-girl shirt. most of the other shirts had poke-threw over the basic-wear sports-bra, and/or the patron was incredibly distorted over the chest.

That hair style is absolutely going in the must-buy list, assuming it is not one of the countless items I cant seam to find in the Poser side of the Content Library. I have so much V4 stuff (outfits, hair, figures, etc) I have not been able to use for the same reason, and I've decided it is not worth the aggravation with G2F/G2M at this point.

I decide whom I want in a scene looking threw the faces in the smart tab, not getting lost in the Poser side of things. I figured making that product score-card of sorts, would make choosing stuff for a scene easier, it still comes down to finding some of the stuff in the CL. "O" I still need to add my Wimap collection to that list, dough!

There is allot missing from this list as of now, there are allot of items that are a spontaneous name that gives no hint of what it is, like that white and black dress Eve has been in in many renders (Rogue or Region, or something like that). I have an image in my head of what I'm looking for, translating it to a random name, forget it, lol.

I have thoughts on that cute curly hair, I just need to do some digging around (item names, and what had what difficulty).

20141126_Hair_G2F.png
    1286 x 614 - 489K
    20141126_Cloths_G1_All001.png
    1260 x 226 - 132K
    20141126_Cloths_G2F.png
    1285 x 920 - 811K
    20141126_Cloths_root.png
    1290 x 342 - 209K
    edited November 2014

Amarseda Hair, Crazy locks, vs Gia Hair. None are a total satisfactory for what I was hoping for.

Amarseda was found eventually, with significant help from others on the forum. It will auto-fit to Genesis, IF you load the V4 version and not one of the others. So it can fit the head, tho when you move the neck or arm of the figure, the hair goes off somewhere else (because the XYZ rotations are different). The hand full of renders I did with FW Yasmin as a Roman woman were a royal pain to set up because of that. It literally took days fusing with the hair to get it out of her shoulders.

Gia Hair, It is a really nice style, if you want what is in the promos. If you want the back down to her shoulders, and the front-sides (not bangs) much shorter, forget it. The morphs are there, yet the wavy geometry makes it imposable to make drastic adjustments that don't end up with things going off to the blue yonder. In fact any style that has curly hair will be limited by this, it's not just the Gia Hair.

Crazy locks, uh. I found it once when testing the instal, and have yet to find it again. lol.

Many other styles put the hair in the eyes, and I can not stand that. It's why I'm a "Bald Wizard" in training, lol. If I can't get the hair out of the eyes, the style ends up in the "Do Not Use" bin.

I know this is harsh, yet given the selection options, and ease of garbing stuff from the smart tab, it's why I end up not using allot of stuff.
    (Edit)
    Located the test render of that hair on FW Yasmin. The horrid lighting and off shadow bias should indicate just how long ago that was. :coolhmm:

FwYasmin03007cam9_001.jpg
    675 x 900 - 359K
    DreamVsReality003_hs001.jpg
    960 x 540 - 434K
    edited December 1969

That hair style is absolutely going in the must-buy list, assuming it is not one of the countless items I cant seam to find in the Poser side of the Content Library. I have so much V4 stuff (outfits, hair, figures, etc) I have not been able to use for the same reason, and I've decided it is not worth the aggravation with G2F/G2M at this point.

Couldn't agree more. However, there are a few hairstyles that are worth the extra effort, personally I think Duchesse is one of them when I finally manage to track it down. Same goes for some of my AprilYSH V4 ones.

Gia Hair, It is a really nice style, if you want what is in the promos. If you want the back down to her shoulders, and the front-sides (not bangs) much shorter, forget it. The morphs are there, yet the wavy geometry makes it imposable to make drastic adjustments that don't end up with things going off to the blue yonder. In fact any style that has curly hair will be limited by this, it's not just the Gia Hair.

I had that problem recently with Autumn Winds which I used for my Frozen 'Anna' lookalike. You can shorten the braids via the morphs, but the results on a genesis figure were not pretty.

Many other styles put the hair in the eyes, and I can not stand that. It's why I'm a "Bald Wizard" in training, lol. If I can't get the hair out of the eyes, the style ends up in the "Do Not Use" bin.

Another me too to this. It's amazing how many styles do have the hair in the eyes and I see them used plenty in renders, so we must be unusual in not liking it.... I'm glad I'm not the only one. :)

edited December 2014

thanks Jindi. I don't have any renders to post at this point. I was looking over that bones tutorial again, specifically the smoothing part to try to glean any shred of info over what the sliders did, nothing as of yet.

And I was doing some folder organizing for some of the morph packs reference thing. Ironically some of them have promos that show the options, and there not labeled as to what is what. like the "Charming for Giselle 6".
    http://www.daz3d.com/charming-for-giselle-6
    Check that, only fourteen of the fifteen shapes are shown, :ohh:

Fuseling, if I could only Gibbs-slap you threw the forum for this. How difficult is it to put text on an image, you can even do that in MS Paint.
    I do have a pic now, not by me.

So I guess it is up to me to try to find these things, wherever they went, and make a labeled render. :blank:

But Why is the rum gone, lol.
    (EDIT)
    Scroll down to Post 260, I did what is missing in the set Promos for you. Happy holidays y'all, and enjoy.

Gibbs_head_slap_by_eib29.jpg
    800 x 600 - 75K
    edited November 2014

Go figure, just as I set out to make a score-card of sorts for that Charming Giselle set, I get dragged off to my other two hobbies. ARES and mostly SKYWARN.

I will finish the Charming Giselle lineup, as it is a good set with far more versatility then some others. It may take some time before I get a chance to work on that tho.

In the mean time, the view out of FW Eve's room window, as of the morning of 27nov2014. The photo used in the render was from 2008.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_2008_New_England_and_Upstate_New_York_ice_storm
    The Photo's here (not the wiki ones), were by me. It's a small lake in the woods near by, and I thought it would look nice out the window in the one render. Deceptively serene and inviting.

Chat later y'all, and keep worm and dry.

IMG_2010_2kwidth.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 500K
    edited December 2014

Alright then. I think this will do. A rather odd collection of bits and pieces from different outfits, and just enough to make out the figure shape I think. I wanted to use the headband from the "Bloomingwood Hair" set, however there dose not seam to be a separate part for just that, without wasting ram on the whole thing. With any luck, I'll be able to get all five in each folder group of the Charming Giselle set, into a single render. For now Here is Giselle6 stock from the smart tab. (replaced pic with better shadow sample one)

20141202_Charm01016c9_002.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 451K
  • AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    edited December 1969

Hi Z, love the winter image, your progressing along smoothly, cheerios.

edited December 2014

Charming for Giselle 6
    http://www.daz3d.com/charming-for-giselle-6

Well this is a very impressive set. The versatility alone is superb at least. The set dose not load by default with the other morphs when a G2F figure is loaded. The Head and body morphs are separate, and do not include sliders. And there is even a set of individual face part morphs with the set, that I have yet to get into. With such a vast collection of morph options, a scorecard is kind of critical to figure out what one is for what morph shape, and I give you that here. Go ahead and save the renders to your computer, I know y'all want them. I'll make a higher res and quality set in a bit, they’ll be uploaded to deviant art as these are at the limit for a daz3d post.

As I point out, the set dose not load with all the other morph sets that do load with G2F. This is incredibly good if you have lots of morph sets, lots of figures in the scene, and limited ram in the computer. It means the ram will only be used when you need it.

This is where this score-sheet is needed. They go by names, and the shape may not necessarily be intuitive to some to match the chosen name for that particular shape. It's about as bad as some others with numbers like “Breast shape 1”. I have no idea what that is, is it wide, narrow, perky, no clue without a score-sheet to go by.

Oops, mix-up between this and Mystic Giselle. No shape sliders. Douh!
    (post 1 of 4)

AbsentSliders_001.png
    605 x 308 - 30K
    Giselle6_x10_RamUsage001.png
    763 x 503 - 7K
    CharmingGiselle_CLpath001.png
    1266 x 578 - 43K
    edited December 2014

Giselle6 base or not, well for now these are the all out presets for the body and head shape in the three 'Group' folders. Some of the presets asked for limits off, and I did so. Perhaps in a bit, I will do another set with Giselle6 at zero percent. For now, these are the shape in the associated Group01, Group02, and Group3 sub-folders (body and head as named in the render). I didn't touch the 'figure base' presets yet, so I don't know what they do, yet.

Now I did run into some issues while making this set of renders, the biggest has nothing to do with this morph set, the others have to do with making clothes fit the figures. The later is quite easy to fix, assuming the particular clothing item dose not completely lock you out of the hidden “Actor - > Upper Body”, “PBM” sliders. I was quite lucky that the “Loissandra” outfit by EmmaAndJordi is one of the good ones that allow you access to these sliders. Some of the shapes needed no adjustment at all, others needed just the 'BreastsGone' set back to zero, and a few needed others adjusted. If you want a tight fit, you’ll need to fuss more than I did. I just looked for the first slider that made the poke-threw go away.

Group01, Hadassa (Crotch-Down +22%, PBMSternumDepth +4%), Ingrid (Crotch-Down +22%, Crotch-Front +16%), Jintara (Crotch-Down +20%), Kareena (Crotch-Down +20%, PBMBreastsSize +2.4%)
    Group02, Lian (Crotch-Down +15%, PBMBrestsGone 0%, PBMSternumDepth +25.0%), Lilith (Crotch-Down +23%, PBMBrestsGone 0%), Marie (Crotch-Down +9%), Mihret (Crotch-Down +21%)
    Group03, Nora (Crotch-Down +21%, PBMBreastShape05 8.0%) Safirah (Crotch-Down +20%, PBMBrestsGone 0%, PBMBreastShape05 8.0%), Silvia (PBMBreastShape04 +35%), Stacie (Crotch-Down +20%)

* the Crotch-Down and Crotch-Front settings was mostly to match the “Essina” shorts the Loissandra outfit was over. Crotch-Down and Crotch-Front are Loissandra outfit morphs, not PBM actors. I have no idea what there called in other outfits, if they exist at all.

Next up will be a closeup of the faces, as the set includes a cool set of face part individual shapes.

You will note that I am no longer using the default Giselle6 skin shader here. That is because yet again, the shader preferred by daz dose not play with there included lights in Daz Studio at a distance. Rather then trying to fuss with the surface settings of ten figures already in the scene, I opted to just use the CountessSilver Iridessa mat (not mat sss), included with the Giselle6 Pro pack.

(Post 2 of 4)

CharmingGiselle_B3_001021c11_001crop1.jpg
    2000 x 800 - 484K
    CharmingGiselle_B2_001021c11_001crop1.jpg
    2000 x 800 - 483K
    CharmingGiselle_B1_001021c11_001crop1.jpg
    2000 x 800 - 481K
    edited December 2014

A very nice collection of face options if I don't say. "O" there are some ear presets I didn't show, I'll do them next.

A side not while redo a batch because I forgot to change the group sign, lol. Apply the head morph before the fairy ears, as the face morph replaces the ears with the matching regular ears.

Here we go, the normal and fairy versions of the faces. All the shapes have associated Fairy ears, however not all of them have normal ears as the default ones are just fine. The images in the CL seam quite fine for the ears anyway, it was a what dose the full figure look like question, and wanting a labeled render for reference.

I'm going to poke around to see if there is anything else noteworthy with this set, till then, enjoy y'all.
    (Post 3 of 4)

CharmingGiselle_EarsCLpaths001.png
    1200 x 720 - 257K
    CharmingGiselle_FE1to15_001.jpg
    2000 x 900 - 508K
    CharmingGiselle_F1to15_001.jpg
    2000 x 900 - 503K
    edited December 2014

Items used in the renders, and some custom shader settings

Giselle6 with Iridessa mat, and the named morph applied.
    http://www.daz3d.com/iridessa
    http://www.daz3d.com/pure-hair-sleek-1
    http://www.daz3d.com/loissandra-fantasy-outfit-for-genesis-2-female-s
    http://www.daz3d.com/four-seasons-faylinn-outfit-for-genesis-2-female-s
    http://www.daz3d.com/essina-outfit-for-genesis-2-female-s (Shorts)
    http://www.daz3d.com/aloisia (Headpiece)
    http://www.daz3d.com/spriteling-for-giselle-6 (Necklace)
    http://www.daz3d.com/fairy-wings-for-giselle-6
    http://www.daz3d.com/patchwork-shoes-2

Zdg Test Chamber
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/47738/
    with Greek and Roman Keys applied to some stuff.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/716085/

The Leggings and Arm-gloves came from the Four Seasons Faylinn Outfit. I used the bump map from the 'four seasons' and the other texture maps from the loissandra set. I then applied that new shader preset to the Essina outfit shorts, with the Loissandra metal parts set as the Essina outfit shorts trim.

The headpiece is from Aloisia outfit, with the wigs made transparent in the surface tab.

A note with the butterfly wings. They are outright beautiful, and at the same time near imposable to pose. The upper wing only has a single control to pose the upper tip with the lower edge staying in place. The bones for all of the wings only flex them the length of the wing, with no rotation controls for the entire wing surface. It was not apparent to me that would be an issue until I started applying the figure shapes to the ten figures already posed and placed in the scene. Next time I will use a different set that actually have articulation controls, not flex controls.
    (Post 4 of 4)

edited December 1969

Hello awesomefb. Been a tad buisy, and some unexpected delays in the mix as well. Good to see you around. Hope you have a good holiday season. Off to finish that list of used stuff, and the face close up renders.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

Thanks for posting the renders of Giselle. I would buy her but I am saving my money to pay some doctors bills.

edited December 2014

It's all good. I want Lee6 pro, Stephanie6 pro, daz dragon pro, and a ton of other stuff. It's not all happening all at once.

And Fisty FWart and Sabby are twisting my arm to get the last pro pack to be released, lol.
    http://www.daz3d.com/christmas-elves-bundle-hd-characters-outfit-expansion-and-poses
    (EDIT)
    Considering that I don't have any holiday style stuff, the buy this month got augmented a tad. Lee6 and the others next month. It's the season for elves.

edited December 2014

I need to do some time management, inventory updates, and fixing the truncated "I will buy that" list. :coolsmile:

I wanted to do up some Mystic Giselle renders showing off the "Elvin Fantisy" and 4 seasons sets, after the Charming sets. That may take a bit of time to assemble. It won't happen today.

I also need to find out what happened to the dynamic clothing, as the store category appears to be gone, and I have herd little in passing about that entire section of stuff.

Roman keys, I kid of left that hanging, and I want to fill in that section a bit more in the other thread.

And them horns, the horns. Darth Maul horns, and the Amazing Skis tattoo mask.

Making a set of arm bands when there was a product that had exactly what I was looking for, is the last thing I wanted to be doing.
    Like I said, time management, and setting some priorities. lol.

20141204_SortingStuff002.png
    609 x 722 - 38K
    ZDG_20141117_PartlWishList004.png
    809 x 496 - 21K
    edited December 1969

Oops Easy Portrait Lights is not a shader, lol.

While I try to cobble together a complete list of shaders I do have, and the Reality thread is flooded with teething pains.
    Sh_DG_DualLayerShader
    Sh_DG_ShaderEssentials1_
    Sh_DG_ShaderEssentials2_
    Sh_DT_StrangeSubstancesPack1_
    Sh_DT_StrangeSubstancesPack2_
    Sh_DT_TilerShader_
    Sh_Fisty_FabulousStripes_
    Sh_Fisty_PhoebesFancy_
    Sh_Fisty_SparklesForStudio_
    Sh_JG_LuxuryFabricShaders_
    Sh_IDG_SilkAndLaceShaders_

Are the Strange Substance shaders compatible with Lux? The Shader Essentials 1 and 2 are, the others?

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,549
    edited December 1969

The strange substances do not have LuxRender settings. I don't know how well the materials will auto-convert as I never tried it. I would suspect results will be mixed.
    Shader Essentials does not have specific LuxRender settings, but the ubersurface shader used as a based auto-converts very well when using the Luxus plug in as a bridge. SE2 does have specific LuxRender settings that the Luxus plug in grabs when it ports over to LuxRender.
    Reality won't have a clue what to do with any of it.

edited December 1969

Yea, that glowing bit had me asking about them Strange Substance sets vs LuxRender/Luxus. I would love to redo that Strange Substance Undergarment joke in real light bounce (whatever one is the render engine).

I guess that just shows how little I know about that. lol. I thought LuxRender was also nicknamed Lux and Luxus? Time for a quick Google search as I wait for DIM to import that mass of stuff. 79 items, most of them for Christmas elves requirements.