Suddenly can't delete Morph keys??

For some reason I can't fathom, I can add, move, and adjust Morph keys on a figure animation, but I can't delete the keys! I thought maybe it was just a corrupt file, but even if I open old files or create new ones, I have the same problem. I've restarted twice. I'm using DS 4.12 on a PC, but haven't changed anything that I know of since two days ago when this worked fine. Any thoughts??

Comments

• PS: I even reinstalled DS...

• Can't delete as in can see them but can't delete, or can't delete bcause you can't see them? If the latter you need to have Other (O) on for properties to show (button at the bottom of the Timeline in 4.12.0.x, I think it's moved to the option menu in the 4.12.1.x beta but can't check just now).

• AuroratrekAuroratrek Posts: 200
    edited January 2020

I can see them fine and select them fine--they turn yellow like they're supposed to do, and I can move, adjust, add, copy, paste, change interpolation, etc.like normal, but I simply can't delete them, either with the button on the toolbar, the two places "Delete Selected Keys" appears in the dropdown menu in the upper right, or in the dropdown you get when right-clicking on a key. I have no problem deleting rotation key frams on joints, this is just a problem with morphs. Please help!

Post edited by Auroratrek on
  • Is the this the General release (4.12.0.86) or the Public Build (4.12.1.40)?

• And to add the the weirdness, if I do a "Create Keys" in the morph section, which creates a key for every morph at that time, then select a few of the keys in the upper (non-curve) portion of the timelime, then click "Delete Keys" in the dropdown list in the upper right panel, it will delete all the morph keys at that time, including the keys I couldn't delete any other way.  

• If you can do that to order, in the beta, it would bear reporting as a possible bug.

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,749
    I can confirm that deleting keys from the new timeline does not work. I have gone back to using my old graphmate/ keymate plugins to get any work done. :-(

General release.

If you can do that to order, in the beta, it would bear reporting as a possible bug.

Where do I report a bug?

wolf359 said:
    I can confirm that deleting keys from the new timeline does not work. I have gone back to using my old graphmate/ keymate plugins to get any work done. :-(

Wolf, I can delete key frames for joint rotations, but not for morphs. Is this the same for you? And has it always been like that for you in 4.12? I have been animating in the new timeline for a few months and thought it was working great. I haven't done a lot of morph animating in my tests so far, but I have done some, so I think I would have noticed that I couldn't delete morph key frames by now(?)  

Richard, I'm a recent convert to Windows, so I'm not wise in the ways of PCs, but I noticed that there was an automatic update the other day. Could that be the culprit?

General release.

If you can do that to order, in the beta, it would bear reporting as a possible bug.

Where do I report a bug?

Use a Techncial Support ticket https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

wolf359 said:

Wolf, I can delete key frames for joint rotations, but not for morphs. Is this the same for you? And has it always been like that for you in 4.12? I have been animating in the new timeline for a few months and thought it was working great. I haven't done a lot of morph animating in my tests so far, but I have done some, so I think I would have noticed that I couldn't delete morph key frames by now(?)  

Richard, I'm a recent convert to Windows, so I'm not wise in the ways of PCs, but I noticed that there was an automatic update the other day. Could that be the culprit?

I would be surprised if it was down to an update, though not to the point of a priori complete disbelief

• Okay, thanks! I submitted a Support Ticket. I hope this gets fixed soon. The new timeline is great, overall, but it's a real hassle to not have it working for the morphs!

• I think I'm having the same  problem.

I have a preset animated poses with expressions. I want modify the expressions, but there seems to be an embedded set of expression animation, because I can't delete the keys.

I have expanded all items under TROAH, so nothing is hidden from me. I'm down to 'Morph Expressions' and there are 'T's from the first to the last frames. Selected all, use the delete button (highlighted), and nothing happens. Use the right-click on Timeline tab and click "Delete Selected Keys", nothing happens. However, if   I go to 'Clear Animation' and clear selected items, the keys are gone but so are all the facial morphs which deletes my character and goes back to the original M4 face.

Any suggestions?

• baalhugbaalhug Posts: 21

This is still happening in DAZ Studio 4.12.1.118

• baalhug said:

This is still happening in DAZ Studio 4.12.1.118

Please give the exact steps you are taking

• deepsixdeepsix Posts: 62
    edited December 2021

Hi I am having this problem in Studio 4.15 Timeline pane (skip to the end of this comment for my Fix).

I can delete other more common / "basic" type keyframes such as Head slider Bend/Twist etc just fine.

Mouth Open is animated over a series of frames. In the advanced timeline I can see all of the keyframes in the graph editor - ie. little dots with a "T" on them along the interpolation line. These show up in the graph editor when I hover over the Mouth Open slider (since I have Monitor Parameters Pane turned ON and my Key Creation Scope is Properties). I can frame them, I can drag them around with the mouse OK.

Right click and Delete Selected Keys does not delete them.

However I just found out that Delete Keys (Selected Nodes) in the TImeline pane menu *DOES* delete them. I have assigned a hotkey to this "D" now so I can access it easily.

Hope this may help others out...!

Post edited by deepsix on
  • BTW does anyone know what the difference is between Delete Selected Keys is for instead of and Delete Keys (Selected Nodes)?

It seems to me that Delete Selected Keys deletes the major things like joint rotation/translation but does not delete the morph slider keys - for this you use Delete Keys (Selected Nodes) which deletes all type of keys?

• Delete selected keys does what it says - it deletes the actual selected keys, if there are other keys that are not selected they are left alone. Delete keys on selected nodes also does what it says - it deletes all of the visible keys on the selected node (figure or bone or prop) regardless of the selection state of the keys, but it leaves keys thata re not visible due to the filtering option untouched.

• I have also had this issue and resolved it by toggling TROSAH off and on. this also reaveals any hidden keys in a that did not delete on the initial attempt to delete keys such as the Morphs. 

• Which version of DS is this? There was an issue like that, but I thought it was long-since fixed.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • I just ran into the problem in 4.16.0.3 when trying to delete morph keys for a morph created using morph loader pro. I can delete them using keymate.

I can still delete other keys in the timeline - translation keys for example - and I don't seem to get the problem with morphs loaded as part of a Genesis character.