Merging files

BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have removed 3 since I never use it , I have all the studio 3 content in the Studio3>content related to 4. Now that I only have 4 am I safe to move all the installed content and files inside Studio3> Content to Studio>My Library? Will this simply merge all the content or would it wreck all the paths to installed content 4th gen morphs and saved scenes?

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I do believe all paths inside a content folder are relative. So if you MERGE them you should be fine. Just be sure you use merge and not replace. I see no issues. I personally just point DS4 to my DS3 content folder as a DS and Poser content folder in the Directories Prefs.

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969

I think that if I did "cut" all the files & folders out of my Studio3>content folder and pasted them in Studio>My Library it most likely would ask me to replace files...

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Yup, on a windows machine cut and paste will work. On an OSX machine it you need to be on 10.7 or higher to have the option to merge.

edited August 2012

This works for me. Open EDIT and then PREFERANCES, pick CONTENT LIBRARY then pick CONTENT DIRECTORY MANAGER.
    Use the Directory to Add your DS3 Content Folder as I did in both DS and Poser and then move it just under the DS4 listing. We want DS4 listed first so all your Data files store in it from now on. Here is my list and it works 100%.

Content-1.png
    459 x 371 - 115K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited August 2012

Yes I understand that this is what I have. What I am ensuring before I go ahead and cut all the files out of Studio3>content and paste them in the "My Library" folder to get rid of the Studio>3 content folder that this will not wreck any content, gen 4 morphs or saved scene that I presently have

Untitled.jpg
    461 x 460 - 90K
    Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 1969

If you are on a PC that has the MERGE option for folders with the same names you should be fine. But try this, Drop the DS3 folder from your list and make a copy of your DS4 folder and then do your Merge to the listed DS4 folder. Don't Move the files Copy them. That way you can test the new set up before you delete the DS3 folder. If you run into any trouble you still have a clean copy of both folders if you need to put them back to the way they were.

Of course you will need the space on your drive to do it that way.

edited August 2012

Yeah that make alot of sense thanks I have 2 1T externals

Post edited by Bobvan on