DAZ Studio Pro 4.7.0.12, General Release, Now Available!

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,121
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    SimonJM said:
    jpiat said:
    For those, who like me, use the keyboard to navigate through the content and not the scene : Windows\Workspace\Customize (F3) : remove the shortkey in the View Control Action.

Ahah - thank you oh thank you!!!! :)

Push the button in the interface. That way it is easier to take advantage of the new feature. This is precisely why the button is there. It looks like a keyboard with the WASD keys highlighted. That toggles the keyboard navigation on or off.

Edited to repost image. :)

That icon doesn't appear on my custom interface. Which toolbar is it in, and do I have to do something to "merge" it into my custom interface? (The new Scene Navigator icon did appear in my custom interface.)

Window->Workspace->Customize (Or F-3)

It is under View Control, you can just drag and drop it into the tool bar of your choice, where you want it.
    Thanks for the well illustrated instructions. It worked perfectly.

• ValiskaValiska Posts: 49
    edited December 1969

Oh, cool! Cool, cool, cool!

No background yet.

I can do all kinds of things with this transparency! This is much better than cutting stuff out of a background.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    edited December 1969

Fishtales said:
    Downloaded and installed the new Studio and loaded in a scene, clicked on Render and Studio ran fine up until the render window opened and it crashed. 'Studio not responding' for half an hour or so so I had to shut it down. I tried it another couple of times. Set the render settings to default still the same. Loaded in Genesis on her own and it still locked up. Rolled back the laptop to before the installation and 4.6 is still working fine with the scene.

I tried rendering with Reality while in 4.7 and it worked so there is something in the new render engine in 4.7 that doesn't like my machine :)

I have a log file, which is quite long, and if I am reading it right it is stopping at a different spot each time and there is nothing obvious standing out.

If you give me an email address I will send it to you.

Rather than email, you will want to submit a bug report through https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/requests/new to tech support, you can add the log file as an attachment to this report. Make sure to provide exact instructions on how to reproduce the error so they can follow your steps and try it themselves.

Thanks Sean. I have sent a report.

• AaronHAaronH Posts: 79
    edited December 1969

I like the old render tab layout is there a way to get it back?

Outside of that i'm liking the new updates so far.

• Kevin RyeKevin Rye Posts: 392
    edited November 2014

Holy cow is the new 4.7 GUI hideous. What did you guys do? Why don't you guys make this tab a little smaller so no one can see it? This whole gui feels like Blender. Just a confusing hard to read mishmosh of tabs. I feel bad for the noobs. This is not exactly an intuitive interface anymore.

PS any way to lose the horrible dark theme? Do we have to figure out all the old colors and set them here, or is there a quick fix?

Screen_Shot_2014-11-20_at_5.04_.58_PM_.png
    462 x 720 - 90K
    Screen_Shot_2014-11-20_at_4.53_.48_PM_.png
    334 x 1198 - 182K
    Post edited by Kevin Rye on
    edited December 1969

myjunk said:

I'm having difficulty adjusting to the new Render Settings tab also. I thought I could just select the items I wanted to see on a regular basis as "favorites", but they don't seem to stick. When I close DAZ Studio and reopen it, the favorites are gone. I need help understanding how to work with favorites and make them stick between sessions.
  • rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,178
    edited December 1969

myjunk said:

No, there isn't. The old layout didn't support new features that are coming in future builds. It had to change, so we made it consistent with all of the other parameter based panes.

-Rob

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    I'm having difficulty adjusting to the new Render Settings tab also. I thought I could just select the items I wanted to see on a regular basis as "favorites", but they don't seem to stick. When I close DAZ Studio and reopen it, the favorites are gone. I need help understanding how to work with favorites and make them stick between sessions.

Favorites in the new Render Settings pane do not survive the session yet.

-Rob

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

I have my workspace set as city limits and the style is set as Highway...the problem is my content library is now vertical instead of horizontal, how do I get it back the way it was before the update?

screen.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 323K
    edited December 1969

rbtwhiz said:
    barbult said:

Favorites in the new Render Settings pane do not survive the session yet.

-RobThanks for that information. Do favorites on any of the other panes survive sessions already, or is that a future enhancement for all panes?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    I have my workspace set as city limits and the style is set as Highway...the problem is my content library is now vertical instead of horizontal, how do I get it back the way it was before the update?

Click the rectangle with horizontal lines in the upper corner of the tab and select "View as List"

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,676
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:

Bring up the pane's context menu (either click the lined button in the top corner or right-click the tab) and uncheck View Side-by-side.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:

Click the rectangle with horizontal lines in the upper corner of the tab and select "View as List"

thank you :) I've never had that switch before with updates, I thought I had exhausted all options already

edited December 1969

ryemac3 said:

Holy cow is the new 4.7 GUI hideous. What did you guys do? Why don't you guys make this tab a little smaller so no one can see it? This whole gui feels like Blender. Just a confusing hard to read mishmosh of tabs. I feel bad for the noobs. This is not exactly an intuitive interface anymore.

PS any way to lose the horrible dark theme? Do we have to figure out all the old colors and set them here, or is there a quick fix?

Window>Style>Select Style, choose one of the two non-Darkside options (they differ mainly by font size, as I recall).

edited December 1969

Kharma said:

The option menu for the Content Library pane has three options for navigation type. Right click on the "Content Library" tab/label and choose "View as List" to use the previous default.

-Rob

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Thanks for that information. Do favorites on any of the other panes survive sessions already, or is that a future enhancement for all panes?

Favorites in other panes will save to a Scene, Scene Subset, Character Preset (when used to load a new figure, not when used to modify a selected figure), Wearable(s) Preset... basically files that load new assets into the scene as opposed to those that modify an object that already exists in the scene.

-Rob

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

out of curiousity, I'm not sure if somethign went wrong with install or not.

I installed via the DIM. At the install part, the message about the "microsoft C++" libraries came up as normal, then disappeared....and that was it. It didn't do the usual thing of "uninstalling previous versions" blah blah, but just stopped. When I clicked on my desktop icon, the new version 4.7 DID open tho. Is that supposed to happen? A different install process??

Also, this bit here:

9) Truly Transparent Backgrounds - When no backdrop or background color is used (optional in the Environment Pane) transparency is shown as a checkerboard pattern, similar to other graphics applications. Also, the issue where anti-aliasing against the background color of a viewport generated a ‘halo’ of that background color has been fixed.

I can't work this out. How do I get the "truly transparent background"??

edited December 1969

Yes, that's how it works. DIM doesn't actually uninstall the old version, instead it checks what files were installed last time and only removes those that aren't in the new version.

edited November 2014

Yes, that's how it works. DIM doesn't actually uninstall the old version, instead it checks what files were installed last time and only removes those that aren't in the new version.

ok thanks. That's the first time it's happened to me even tho I've installed via DIM a couple of times before, so it confused me.

Still trying to work out the whole "background" thing tho.

edit: OH!!!!!! it shows as the checkered pattern when RENDERING. Ok, i get that now.

Post edited by jakiblue on
    edited December 1969

rbtwhiz said:
    barbult said:
    Thanks for that information. Do favorites on any of the other panes survive sessions already, or is that a future enhancement for all panes?

Favorites in other panes will save to a Scene, Scene Subset, Character Preset (when used to load a new figure, not when used to modify a selected figure), Wearable(s) Preset... basically files that load new assets into the scene as opposed to those that modify an object that already exists in the scene.

-Rob
    Thanks. So if I want favorites in these panes to stick between sessions, regardless of what content I load, could I create a scene with my favorites selected, save it, and set that scene to always be opened when I open DAZ Studio? If so, if I then load a character that was saved with favorites, will those favorites supersede the ones in the initial scene, so that the ones from the initial scene no longer show up when I choose to view favorites?

• jimmulvaneyjimmulvaney Posts: 341
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:

I am also having this problem.
    edited December 1969

XiMiX said:
    jakiblue said:

i finally got it. LOL.

it doesnt seem to show the checkered pattern background in teh viewport - but if you RENDER, the pattern is there.

Confused me. I thought somethign was wrong because it was supposed to show in view.

edited December 1969

rbtwhiz said:
    myjunk said:

No, there isn't. The old layout didn't support new features that are coming in future builds. It had to change, so we made it consistent with all of the other parameter based panes.

-Rob

bummer, so i'll spend some time meditating on it to make myself like it LMAO

• spacecat56spacecat56 Posts: 54
    edited December 1969

To help get you up and running with the new PostgreSQL service, we’ve added a separate package in Install Manager that will automatically migrate any existing data from your Valentina database; you simply install it after the PostgreSQL server is installed. We’ve also included an “Import Metadata from Valentina” script with the Built-In content. The amount of time required to migrate the data will vary depending on the amount of data you have and your system specs.

So far that does not "help" at all...

DS 4.7 and its Postgresql CMS from Valentina CMS Conversion both installed "successfully" through the DIM.

Now in 4.7 I have nothing in Smart Content; and in the Content Library, although I still have a directory tree matching the file system that is ALL I have, the Products and Categories tress are empty.

The Content Manager menu offers Migrate Old Content Database, I tried that, it ran in 2 seconds, had no visible effect, and wrote hundreds of SQL errors into the log file.

At the top of this thread I found the cryptic statement quoted above, and did a search to find the script, and I "Merged" it fromthe DS 4.7 menu. It ran for about two minutes and the messages were promising... but it had no visible effect on the problem. [yes, yes, i restarted]

Tried that Migrate menu option again, and it threw fewer error messages.... but had no effect. Here are some samples from this group of error messages

WARNING: dzpostgresqlobjectdatabase.cpp(39): db fetch error: Unknown prepared statement 'tblCategories->fetch'
    db fetch error: Unknown prepared statement 'tblCategories->fetch'
    WARNING: dzpostgresqlobjectdatabase.cpp(39): db fetchByFindFields error: Unknown prepared statement 'tblCategories->find'
    db fetchByFindFields error: Unknown prepared statement 'tblCategories->find'
    WARNING: dzpostgresqlobjectdatabase.cpp(39): db fetch error: Unknown prepared statement 'tblCategories->fetch'
    WARNING: dzpostgresqlobjectdatabase.cpp(39): db insert error: Unknown prepared statement 'tblCategories->insert'
    db insert error: Unknown prepared statement 'tblCategories->insert'
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Failed to create subcategory: "People"
    WARNING: dzpostgresqlobjectdatabase.cpp(39): db fetchByFindFields error: Unknown prepared statement 'tblCategories->find'
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Failed to create subcategory: "Utilities"
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Failed to find subcategory parent: "Shaders"
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Failed to find subcategory parent: "Scripts"
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Failed to find subcategory parent: "Sports"
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Failed to find subcategory parent: "Other"
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Failed to find subcategory parent: "Occupational"
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Failed to find subcategory parent: "Fighting"
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Failed to find subcategory parent: "Expressions"
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Failed to find subcategory parent: "Combined Figure"
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Failed to find subcategory parent: "Uniforms-Costumes"
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Failed to find subcategory parent: "Intimates"
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Failed to find subcategory parent: "Formal"
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Failed to find subcategory parent: "Fantasy-SciFi"
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Failed to find subcategory parent: "Casual"
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Failed to find subcategory parent: "Accessories"
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Failed to find subcategory parent: "Textures"
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Failed to find subcategory parent: "Poses-Motions"
    [lots more like the first group]

I didn't even WANT to grab 4.7 on day 1, but I was forced into it... I just happened to decide to buy Decimator on the fateful day, and DS buried the version of Decimator that works with 4.6 with one that doesn't before I got to the DIM to install it... so I took the 4.7 update to be able to use the Decimator I just paid for.

Let it be noted that this has been an extremely unpleasant and aggravating experience, and that I am omitting my [well-founded but too-colorful] characterization of the development and release process that imposes it.

At this point I'd like to know how to get the "wonderful, new" CMS to work, mening, DS 4.7 is aware of the Smart Content that I have installed and has the Categories and Products trees that I use to find content.

Support Center has not responded. Any help here?

edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    XiMiX said:
    jakiblue said:

i finally got it. LOL.

it doesnt seem to show the checkered pattern background in teh viewport - but if you RENDER, the pattern is there.

Confused me. I thought somethign was wrong because it was supposed to show in view.

Previously the semi-transparent pixels were mixed (pre-multiplied) with the background colour or image, so placing a masked render on a differently coloured ground would show a halo. This version doesn't mix in the background colour if you leave it off, and so allows you to layer your renders without haloing.

edited December 1969

thetom56 said:
    To help get you up and running with the new PostgreSQL service, we’ve added a separate package in Install Manager that will automatically migrate any existing data from your Valentina database; you simply install it after the PostgreSQL server is installed. We’ve also included an “Import Metadata from Valentina” script with the Built-In content. The amount of time required to migrate the data will vary depending on the amount of data you have and your system specs.

DS 4.7 and its Postgresql CMS from Valentina CMS Conversion both installed "successfully" through the DIM.

Now in 4.7 I have nothing in Smart Content; and in the Content Library, although I still have a directory tree matching the file system that is ALL I have, the Products and Categories tress are empty.

The Content Manager menu offers Migrate Old Content Database, I tried that, it ran in 2 seconds, had no visible effect, and wrote hundreds of SQL errors into the log file.

At the top of this thread I found the cryptic statement quoted above, and did a search to find the script, and I "Merged" it fromthe DS 4.7 menu. It ran for about two minutes and the messages were promising... but it had no visible effect on the problem. [yes, yes, i restarted]

Tried that Migrate menu option again, and it threw fewer error messages.... but had no effect. Here are some samples from this group of error messages

WARNING: dzpostgresqlobjectdatabase.cpp(39): db insert error: Unknown prepared statement 'tblCategories->insert'
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Failed to find subcategory parent: "Shaders"
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Failed to find subcategory parent: "Scripts"
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Failed to find subcategory parent: "Occupational"
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Failed to find subcategory parent: "Fighting"
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Failed to find subcategory parent: "Expressions"
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Failed to find subcategory parent: "Combined Figure"
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Failed to find subcategory parent: "Uniforms-Costumes"
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Failed to find subcategory parent: "Intimates"
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Failed to find subcategory parent: "Fantasy-SciFi"
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Failed to find subcategory parent: "Accessories"
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Failed to find subcategory parent: "Textures"
    WARNING: Database Migration Error - Failed to find subcategory parent: "Poses-Motions"

I didn't even WANT to grab 4.7 on day 1, but I was forced into it... I just happened to decide to buy Decimator on the fateful day, and DS buried the version of Decimator that works with 4.6 with one that doesn't before I got to the DIM to install it... so I took the 4.7 update to be able to use the Decimator I just paid for.

Let it be noted that this has been an extremely unpleasant and aggravating experience, and that I am omitting my [well-founded but too-colorful] characterization of the development and release process that imposes it.

At this point I'd like to know how to get the "wonderful, new" CMS to work, mening, DS 4.7 is aware of the Smart Content that I have installed and has the Categories and Products trees that I use to find content.

The conversion probably failed because the Valentina database was corrupt. Use "Content DB Maintenance > Re-Import Metadata".

edited December 1969

thetom56 said:

It may well be that your Valentina database was starting to corrupt. Had you customised it? if so, uninstall PostgreSQL, with DS closed, then open DS, from the Content Library pane's option menu (lined button in the top corner) choose Content DB Maintenance, check export User Data and click Accept. Close DS. Install PosergreSQL. Start DS, go tot the Content DB Maintenance dialogue again and choose Import Metadata, in the dialogue make sur that you check the option to include user data.

• jimmulvaneyjimmulvaney Posts: 341
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:

Yes, that is exactly what I was thinking, also I tend to render to file rather than a new window to cut down on GPU use.

edited December 1969

okay now i can't find LuxRender, do i need to reinstall it?

• spacecat56spacecat56 Posts: 54
    edited November 2014

The conversion probably failed because the Valentina database was corrupt. Use "Content DB Maintenance > Re-Import Metadata".

The old database is not corrupt. It is fully functional in the 4.6 32bit installation I still have running.

... but I'm trying your and Richard's suggestions anyway. Progress report later.

Post edited by spacecat56 on