Have to go to hospital for tests next week - Back home again!

launoklaunok Posts: 774
edited December 2014 in Hexagon Discussion

Dear friends,

I went to see a new doctor in my area last week and he is worried about some symptoms, i.e. heavy thirst and weight lost (34 kg from about 36 kg previously - used to be 42 kg normal weight), waking up some nights with hand that is completely numb but after a while 'life' returns back, also with tingling sensation specially in hands any time of day, migraines at times but everyday headaches and also feeling to faint sometimes, specially during shopping time, but eating a piece of very sweet chocolate helps in seconds (blood sugar dropping), and tiredness. I have read about symptoms for Diabetes but not all are related to me at this stage unless it's in beginning stages. The on-going thirst even when taking lots of fluids and tired feeling is really getting to me now, but the headaches are either in mornings or late evenings. I have just turned 59 in November. My nephew (60) died last night after a short period of having cancer (2 months only after been diagnosed) but he had Asthma problems all his life. Doctors treated him for Asthma but never realised cancer! Cancer is not really in our family line but still one do worry! :blank:

I have just started learning modeling with Hexagon and wants to carry on with that, i.e. buildings, etc I want to do and enjoy even though I struggle a lot! :)

Laura

Post edited by launok on

Comments

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I'm not going to try to make any diagnoses. My thoughts and prayers will be with you during this time. Uncertainty makes us stew and fret. What if, what if, what if? Going in for testing is a positive sign. I'm sure you know that we will be with you every step of the way. Keep us posted.

• launoklaunok Posts: 774
    edited November 2014

AtticAnne said:
    I'm not going to try to make any diagnoses. My thoughts and prayers will be with you during this time. Uncertainty makes us stew and fret. What if, what if, what if? Going in for testing is a positive sign. I'm sure you know that we will be with you every step of the way. Keep us posted.

Anne, thank you for your thoughts, prayers and message. I appreciate it all!

I am only going in on the 25th (Tuesday), maybe hospitalized for 2-4 days depending on tests.

Greetings,

Laura

Post edited by launok on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 10,934
    edited December 1969

Good luck with the tests, I hope they can find and fix the problem quickly :)

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

I'm sure that the doctors will have you sorted out in no time! Let us know how it goes when you get home.

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    edited December 1969

Good luck.
    Get well soon.

edited December 1969

Thank you for all your positive replies and thinking of me, I appreciate this greatly!

• Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited December 1969

Hope all goes well for you Laura.

edited December 1969

Thank you John, appreciated.

edited December 2014

Dear friends,

Just to report back that I am out of hospital after a week! Initially it was for basic tests but on the end a week stay where I had many x-rays taken, CT-scan and ended up under anaesthetics for a colony- and gastroscopy and removal of big toenails due to fungus infection caused by damages to toenails during hiking trails! But fortunately no pain with the nails been removed.

They have discovered the small intestine has a hole and now taken medication for that. And overactive thyroid which could be the cause of some other symptoms. But they have done all kinds of blood tests and no cancer for which I am feel very grateful and blessed.

But what a shock it was to learn at hospital that the 100% full medical cover doesn't include scopes any more as was the case a few years back when it was included. I had to pay the full amount upfront for the scope procedure! And this is now the case with all medical funds in my country. :ohh:

Thanks again for all your replies for my recovery. :-)

Laura

Post edited by launok on
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Laura, it is wonderful to hear that there is nothing too serious going on and that your getting it all under control. I know your relieved. I hope your feeling prefect again in no time!

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

good to hear you are better !

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,142
    edited December 1969

Good news!

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    edited December 1969

Good to hear you are home and getting better.

Good luck for full health.

• Jay Jay_1264499Jay Jay_1264499 Posts: 298
    edited December 1969

Best wishes with your recovery Laura! Also good luck with Hexagon, I'm just getting used to it also.! Great fun isn't it!

edited December 1969

Best wishes with your recovery Laura! Also good luck with Hexagon, I'm just getting used to it also.! Great fun isn't it!

@ AngyChair - thank you, I haven't used Hexagon recently but should start again soon!

@ All of your replies for good recovery, I appreciate a lot. My home doctor diagnose on the end is that my 'illness' is stress related and now I am taking an anti-depressant called Cilift which is actually working great with no side effects. I am also drinking Ensure and/or LifeGain to try and gain more weight and overall good health.

A Happy New Year to all! :-)

Laura