is the metamixer mega pack just the HD or the head morphs?

davesodaveso Posts: 6,363

MetaMixer Mega Bundle | Daz 3D

If you look at the individual products, the female ones say Metamixer widget ABC
The male ones say Metamixer widget HD ABC .... 

So are the males  just the HD morphs or the full facial/head morphs? There is a huge difference in the two. 

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited November 2021

They are the main face morphs. The HD morphs come from the HD's you already have and those were updated for free. They both (male and female) have +HD morphs in the folder IF you already have that morph. If you don't, you won't have the +HD's in there, just the regular ones from the bundle.

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    edited November 2021

I messed around all day and figured out these MM products the other day.

a) It is just the "SD" head shapes & MM presets in those bundles. It's actually what you have to have to use MM. Cannot use Topsy in MM without buying that "SD" MM preset product, for example.

b) Buying the HD addons which have MM presets actually doesn't give you the overall head shape but just the veins, wrinkles, pores, and such minor details. Set the subD to 4, apply the SD version to the slot, then the HD to the slot. There is somewhere from Faux2D instructions on how to do that, step by step.

c) The HD+ presets and the new MM presets packages I bought (the "SD" Topsy & Drutherson as I didn't buy the new MM bundle) are NOT showing up in Smart Content. You have to go to the Content Library directory (People/Genesis 8 (Female | Male)/Shapes/Metamixer/Characters).  

d) The big surprise & disappointed for my is the female MM presets don't work on the male characters & the male MM presets don't work on the female characters. If you do have, eg, a male character with male MM presets applied, applying female MM presets has the effect of reseting that slot to the base Genesis 8.1 Male. Sort of convenient but not really what I was wanting or expecting. 

I'm hoping DAZ 3D remedies this problem that female MM & male MM presets can't be used on the opposite sex's base models.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,363

thank you both for answering. So, to make sure I understand, the bundles are NOT HD. they are the face morphs, not the HD veins, lines, etc. Wonder why the male ones are called HD widgets? maybe jusat a mistake in labeling? 

edited November 2021

daveso said:

thank you both for answering. So, to make sure I understand, the bundles are NOT HD. they are the face morphs, not the HD veins, lines, etc. Wonder why the male ones are called HD widgets? maybe jusat a mistake in labeling? 

The main MM product itself (the $9.95 free to DAZ+ product, and not any of those MM character presets) came with 4 character addons & among them were MM The Brute presets. I own The Brute HD addon on already and it was updated a day or two before the MM product was released so that it has those MM HD+ presets. However, I bought the MM Drutherson presets addon for $3.59 and I don't own the Drutherson HD addon and in my MM folder there are only MM Drutherson presets and NO MM Drutherson HD+ presets; because of that I suppose that they just accidently mislabled what you are looking at because you must buy the HD addons to get MM HD+ presets addon as they don't come with the MM character preset addons (the ones with just the head shape). 

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

What IS unusual about this MetaMixer script is that you can buy the MM addon for a base figure that you don't already have and use those head morphs, because they are separate from the base character. So, if all you want is the head and not the whole thing, you can just buy the MM addon for that character and still use the head to mix with your other characters without layout out the coin for the whole thing.

edited November 2021

AllenArt said:

What IS unusual about this MetaMixer script is that you can buy the MM addon for a base figure that you don't already have and use those head morphs, because they are separate from the base character. So, if all you want is the head and not the whole thing, you can just buy the MM addon for that character and still use the head to mix with your other characters without layout out the coin for the whole thing.

I'll definately be taking advantage of that and it's needed since I have doubts that they'll make the male & female MM presets interchangable. frown

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,363

I'm still tossing the coin on this. All can be done the usual way with sliders ... and works with PA characters as well. Not sure the investment , as small as it is right now, is worth it overall. Perhaps in a week when DAZ explains what is going on with the app, and its path forward, but by then the cheap price on the MM characters will be gone.