MetaMixer

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

I have submitted a help request about the inability to mix male and female shapes as shown in the videos that Daz linked to advertise the product. We'll see what they have to say.

Request #394999
    MetaMixer does not mix male and female as shown in the videos

Daz links to MetMixer videos.jpg
    1380 x 313 - 83K
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

barbult said:

I have submitted a help request about the inability to mix male and female shapes as shown in the videos that Daz linked to advertise the product. We'll see what they have to say.

Request #394999
    MetaMixer does not mix male and female as shown in the videos

Thanks. It's clear that's what all we customers were expecting. 

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Ridiculous as in the word ridicule 

will all the people on the forum who keep posting rediculous learn what the word means

Thanks I missed it, although I did detect a little riducule from your comment.

Harsh, imo.

• the_deCodedMANthe_deCodedMAN Posts: 39
    edited November 2021

I'm. SO. CONFUSED.

I have Daz 4.16, with the Metamixer it only includes the 2(?) male presets, which show up in the metamixer character folder, no female presets. I have a pretty sizaeable number of HD G8 male and female characters, but after scrolling through them all manually I could only find one that had any metamixer-ready shaping presets, the "Celani HD Add-On". Note that  the Celani 8 HD Add-On doesn't show up in Metamixer characters, I had to find it by going through my character library one at a time. What am I doing wrong? Do G8 HD characters not work with Metamixer, only the actual "HD Add-Ons"? 

This seems like a headache.

Clipboard01.jpg
    1177 x 911 - 92K
    Post edited by the_deCodedMAN on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

nicstt said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Ridiculous as in the word ridicule 

will all the people on the forum who keep posting rediculous learn what the word means

Thanks I missed it, although I did detect a little riducule from your comment.

Harsh, imo.

LOL, that's why Huey, Louie, & Dewey are ducks. 

the_deCodedMAN said:

I'm. SO. CONFUSED.

I have Daz 4.16, with the Metamixer it only includes the 2(?) male presets, which show up in the metamixer character folder, no female presets. I have a pretty sizaeable number of HD G8 male and female characters, but after scrolling through them all manually I could only find one that had any metamixer-ready shaping presets, the "Celani HD Add-On". Note that  the Celani 8 HD Add-On doesn't show up in Metamixer characters, I had to find it by going through my character library one at a time. What am I doing wrong? Do G8 HD characters not work with Metamixer, only the actual "HD Add-Ons"? 

In the Content Library, you are probably looking in the People/Genesis 8 Male folder hierarchy. To find any MetaMixer shapes that will work on females, you should look in People/Genesis 8 Female/Shapes/MetaMixer/Characters.

I have a question related to the last step of the tutorial. After I Adjust Rigging to Shape and adjust eyes, what am I supposed to do to preserve that change, so I don't have to do it again if I use the MetaMixer preset on a fresh base model?

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    edited November 2021

I played around a bit with the 2 default males mixers, then added in some Arji (a Sanjay 8 character). Then just played with MetaMixer and PowerPose.  When I popped the Buzz Cut hair on him, I noticed the scars that came with it, so he had to have a scar.  So far, I think MetaMixer is pretty fun.  But I didn't do much yet, so I may be back tomorrow griping about it.

Brute BodyGuard-Scar 2_002.png
    863 x 1000 - 980K
    Post edited by sandmanmax on
  • CryphiusCryphius Posts: 64
    edited November 2021

I have Victoria 8.1 & HD, how do I load it into metamixer? I can do that, right?

Post edited by Cryphius on
  • N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,415
    edited November 2021

I thought I'd emerge from my lamenting, and post something.

Torment crossed with The Brute

Rendered in Filament (because Iray is a strain on my laptop).

Skin: Edward 8

MetaMixer is a pretty neat tool. But I would love to be able to mix with other characters, which aren't Daz Originals (It's not a complaint, just a wish). I'd love to be able to cross a male oc, with a female oc, then I could create kids/descendants.

torbruteg8mhd_out.png
    720 x 1280 - 1017K
    Post edited by N-RArts on
  • Faux2DFaux2D Posts: 452

barbult said:

I have a question related to the last step of the tutorial. After I Adjust Rigging to Shape and adjust eyes, what am I supposed to do to preserve that change, so I don't have to do it again if I use the MetaMixer preset on a fresh base model?

This might help: 

• AHArtAHArt Posts: 202

AllenArt said:

barbult said:

Faux2D said:

barbult said:

MetaMixer will not mix any male MetaMixer presets into G8.1F for me. Here is a screenshot. Am I doing anything wrong? I am using DS 4.16.0.3. I used widgets  Holt 8,  Brute 8, and Kwan 8 (which I purchased). If I drag the Powerpose dots around, absolutely nothing happens.

Most likely it's because the male and female morphs have been separated. If you don't have any Kwan 8 morphs for example in your Genesis Female figure (located in the MetaMixer group) then the widgets won't work. On the product page I don't see them specify that the male MM Character presets work on the Genesis Female figure or vice-versa.

https://www.daz3d.com/freja-8-add-on-for-metamixer

In the compatible figures area it only mentions Genesis Female.

Also transfering facial morphs from male to female or vice-versa takes time, especially for the HD ones. In time they will probably be made available, it's still a new product.

I drew my conclusion that male and female were mixable from the videos linked on the "How it works" section of the  Daz MetaMixer web page. The first video clearly shows a combination of male and female widgets. Here is a screenshot from the video showing Topsy 8 widget combined with two male widgets and used on Genesis 8.1 Male. If that is not truly "How it works" then the videos are misleading. Customers are expecting the product to work as demonstrated.

I was under the same assumption - due to the videos. 

Same.... 

• barbult said:

the_deCodedMAN said:

I'm. SO. CONFUSED.

In the Content Library, you are probably looking in the People/Genesis 8 Male folder hierarchy. To find any MetaMixer shapes that will work on females, you should look in People/Genesis 8 Female/Shapes/MetaMixer/Characters.

Ah, there are in fact two female presets, plus the one for the "Celani 8 HD Add-On" listed in that folder. So that question answered. Thank you so much.

The second question I'm still confused about. I have a number of Genesis 8 HD figures purchased, and was wondering if I'd eventually be able to use those as well or if Metamaxer requires that they be "HD Add-On" assets.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,365

there are mysteries dwelling in this product. 

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

daveso said:

there are mysteries dwelling in this product. 

Understatement ;) 

barbult said:

the_deCodedMAN said:

I'm. SO. CONFUSED.

Ah, there are in fact two female presets, plus the one for the "Celani 8 HD Add-On" listed in that folder. So that question answered. Thank you so much.

The second question I'm still confused about. I have a number of Genesis 8 HD figures purchased, and was wondering if I'd eventually be able to use those as well or if Metamaxer requires that they be "HD Add-On" assets.

Only the HD add-ons that have been updated by Daz to include Metamixer capability can be used in Metamixer at this time. We users hope Daz wiil update more of the existing HD add-ons in the future. As far as I know, Daz has not committed to doing so.
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited November 2021

Because I started this thread I feel obliged to follow it but I have to say that I'm more confused now than I was in my OP. Then it was mere blissful ignorance but now, even after reading all the posts and "explanations" I am totally lost. I don't think this feature does anything for me even though I could download it for free. I don't buy many HD add-ons and I don't buy many DAZ "official" characters (are they what is meant by "base" characters, by the way?).

I really can't see what is lacking in the parameter dials where I can add 30% of her and 45% of her and 25% of her as well as dial-in as many (or as few) of the multitude of morph packs that I have.  And I can do that for the full body - not just the head (now that's meta). 

Post edited by marble on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,365

to make it even more confusing, why are the females in the metamixer packs listed as Matemixer - widgert  ABC but the males are listed
    Metamixer Widget HD ABC? Are they just the HD widgets or the actual head morphs? 

Faux2D said:

barbult said:

This might help: 

Thanks for the video link. I watched it. But what would I apply the ERC freeze to???? When I save a MetaMixer preset (according to the tutorial instructions), it does not create a single slider in the Parameters pane to apply ERC freeze to. At least I don't see one. Are important steps missing from the tutorial? I appreciate that you continue to help us.

• Faux2DFaux2D Posts: 452

barbult said:

Faux2D said:

barbult said:

This might help: 

Thanks for the video link. I watched it. But what would I apply the ERC freeze to???? When I save a MetaMixer preset (according to the tutorial instructions), it does not create a single slider in the Parameters pane to apply ERC freeze to. At least I don't see one. Are important steps missing from the tutorial? I appreciate that you continue to help us.

The MetaMixer tutorial does not explain how to perform an ERC to create a character slider, but that video does. Create your character -> save the MM preset -> apply the MM preset to a new Genesis figure -> adjust rigging to shape -> create dial -> ERC freeze on the created dial. You should end up with a dial for your custom character. 

Faux2D said:

barbult said:

Faux2D said:

barbult said:

This might help: 

The MetaMixer tutorial does not explain how to perform an ERC to create a character slider, but that video does. Create your character -> save the MM preset -> apply the MM preset to a new Genesis figure -> adjust rigging to shape -> create dial -> ERC freeze on the created dial. You should end up with a dial for your custom character. 

Excellent! Thank you for the additional detail. That makes it clear.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528
    edited November 2021

Very nice toy - at least for me. Just 5-10 minutes and it looks quite interesting, even with the default Genesis 8.1 Male skin.

Mix of 3 characters - just forgotten to write down, which ones.

Meta01pic02.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 228K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited November 2021

... and with Azazel materials - https://www.daz3d.com/azazel-for-genesis-81-male

Meta01pic03Azazel.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 219K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited November 2021

Test with the expression applied.

Meta01pic05Azazel.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 240K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited November 2021

With Michael 8.1 HD materials - https://www.daz3d.com/michael-8-1-add-on

Meta01pic07Mike81s5.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 244K
    Post edited by Artini on

I'm still learning. Here are a couple more with various skins and camera angles.Skin choice can make a big difference in the final look. The girl with the blond hair and gold head band started with a G8F with 15% Bette dialed in.

G8F MetaMixer Character 2 on Sahira Body_002_Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
    G8F MetaMixer Character 2 on Sahira Body_Perspective View.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
    G8.1M MetaMixer seated in chair_Camera.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 3M
    G8.1M MetaMixer seated in chair_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 4M
    MetaMixer G8.1F with Bette diald in 15%_001_Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
  • I'm following along with the .pdf tutorial.  My program tabs aren't laid out the same as in the tutorial for one, but I've stumbled along and managed to load a character and add A, B and C widgets.  But I'm stuck on trying to find the PowerPoser tab after selecting the MetaMixer Widget Root in the scene tab.  I don't see a powerposer tab anywhere.  Can't use the widget at all.  It's nice to look at, but that's about all right now...

• lenjwalton said:

I'm following along with the .pdf tutorial.  My program tabs aren't laid out the same as in the tutorial for one, but I've stumbled along and managed to load a character and add A, B and C widgets.  But I'm stuck on trying to find the PowerPoser tab after selecting the MetaMixer Widget Root in the scene tab.  I don't see a powerposer tab anywhere.  Can't use the widget at all.  It's nice to look at, but that's about all right now...

Have you checked Window>Panes(Tabs)>Power Pose? If it's not there, have you given Daz Studio its serial number?

• Richard Haseltine said:

lenjwalton said:

I'm following along with the .pdf tutorial.  My program tabs aren't laid out the same as in the tutorial for one, but I've stumbled along and managed to load a character and add A, B and C widgets.  But I'm stuck on trying to find the PowerPoser tab after selecting the MetaMixer Widget Root in the scene tab.  I don't see a powerposer tab anywhere.  Can't use the widget at all.  It's nice to look at, but that's about all right now...

Have you checked Window>Panes(Tabs)>Power Pose? If it's not there, have you given Daz Studio its serial number?

Okay, found it.  Thanks for the tip.  Didn't realize it wasn't loaded when loading the default settings.  That should be in the Tutorial somewhere.  Making progress at least. 

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

I think this product is shaping up to be the most confusing in the history of Daz3D. LOL