Old Generation Character Lists

hello, I was trying to find either a wiki or something on the forms about what the older generations and what characters where in the different generations. for some reason it never occured to me that I can use Victoria 3 or Aiko 3 skins with Steph 3 same with poses and hair. I have some old poser content like Sydney 2 can victoria 1 materials work on that or can Sydney 1 materials  work on Victoria 1. I dont know what is in each generation to maybe try and cross bread some content I have for one to another. thanks in advance I tried searching the forms for any kind of list but no luck and the wiki didnt really have the links.

Comments

  • LeanaLeana Posts: 9,624
    edited November 2021

    Sydney is one of the base figures from Poser, she has nothing to do with any of the Daz figures.

    Poser had its own line of figures they called "G2" (nothing to do with Genesis 2) which included G2 Sydney, Jessi and Olivia for G2 females and G2 Simon, James, Kelvin and Koji for males. G2 figures could share clothes, poses and textures between them IIRC.

    Post edited by Leana on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 9,624

    This thread might be interesting for you regarding Daz figures line: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/24257/daz-3d-human-figures-a-history/p1

     

  • ok I think I am starting to understand even tho the generation 1 figures for daz3d where going with other generation of poser figures there was no cross compatibility between the two. still a really good link you dropped going to bookmark it starting to redo the meta data for some of these old generations to use some of the textures between them. thank you !

  • LeanaLeana Posts: 9,624
    edited November 2021

    IIRC Stephanie 1 and Victoria 2 included a version of the figure whose body was shaped like Posette, the Poser 4 woman, so that they could use her clothes. Michael 2 probably had an equivalent for the Dork (P4 man).

    After that there was no compatibility at all between the two lines of figures.

    The Poser G2 line was during the V4/M4 days.

    Post edited by Leana on
  • Leana said:

    IIRC Stephanie 1 and Victoria 2 included a version of the figure whose body was shaped like Posette, the Poser 4 woman, so that they could use her clothes. Michael 2 probably had an equivalent for the Dork (P4 man).

    After that there was no compatibility at all between the two lines of figures.

    The Poser G2 line was during the V4/M4 days.

    was there any items you could use for poser modles like material and clothing between there generations like daz3d, I have a bunch of poser content but never really got a hang of their naming or generations or what models where bases for other models.

  • LeanaLeana Posts: 9,624

    Sorry, I never used the Poser figures so I don't know if anything could be reused between Poser figures generations.

    AFAIK the various figures for each version of Poser were the following:

    P4: Posette and Dork

    P5: Judy and Don

    P6: Original version of Jessi and James

    P7: G2 Sydney and Simon. The G2 version of Jessi and James and the other Poser G2 figures were released at that time.

    P8: Alyson and Ryan

    P9: Alyson and Ryan 2 (weight mapped version of Alyson and Ryan, so there might be some compatibility with their assets)

    P10: Roxie and Rex

    P11: Pauline and Paul, and then La Femme and L'Homme.
    I don't think there were new figures in P12.


    Hivewire3D Dawn, Dusk and Luna are also included in Poser since P11.

  • Leana said:

    Sorry, I never used the Poser figures so I don't know if anything could be reused between Poser figures generations.

    AFAIK the various figures for each version of Poser were the following:

    P4: Posette and Dork

    P5: Judy and Don

    P6: Original version of Jessi and James

    P7: G2 Sydney and Simon. The G2 version of Jessi and James and the other Poser G2 figures were released at that time.

    P8: Alyson and Ryan

    P9: Alyson and Ryan 2 (weight mapped version of Alyson and Ryan, so there might be some compatibility with their assets)

    P10: Roxie and Rex

    P11: Pauline and Paul, and then La Femme and L'Homme.
    I don't think there were new figures in P12.


    Hivewire3D Dawn, Dusk and Luna are also included in Poser since P11.

    you are amazing, thank you so much!! its really hard to find this simple of a break down for poser stuff you really helped me try and figure out this madness!!

  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 5,950

    It should be noted that the Hivewire figures have Studio versions as well as Poser versions.

  • tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,581
    Leana

    Thanks for taking the time for posting that link and typing out that pretty detailed history.
  • dustinmeyer1234dustinmeyer1234 Posts: 73
    edited November 2021

    JOdel said:

    It should be noted that the Hivewire figures have Studio versions as well as Poser versions.

    you can no longer buy items off Hivewire main site wonder if I can find them on others

    Post edited by dustinmeyer1234 on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 6,368
    edited November 2021

    dustinmeyer1234 said:

    JOdel said:

    It should be noted that the Hivewire figures have Studio versions as well as Poser versions.

    you can no longer buy items off Hivewire main site wonder if I can find them on others

    Many Hivewire products were migrated to Renderosity wheh the Hivewire store closed - you may be able to find them there. 

    Post edited by MelanieL on
Sign In or Register to comment.