DAZ Studio Pro 4.7.0.12, General Release, Now Available!

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,118
    edited December 1969

I can't find Animate 2 plugin in the DIM. My product library has the green button to download and install, but clicking it does nothing. When I click on the manual download button it offers me DS3_aniMate2_2.0.0.6_Win64.exe. Is that the correct version for DS 4.7? Why doesn't it show in the DIM? Is there some elusive filter I need to enable? I have Plugin, and software, and Windows 64 bit checked.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    I can't find Animate 2 plugin in the DIM. My product library has the green button to download and install, but clicking it does nothing. When I click on the manual download button it offers me DS3_aniMate2_2.0.0.6_Win64.exe. Is that the correct version for DS 4.7? Why doesn't it show in the DIM? Is there some elusive filter I need to enable? I have Plugin, and software, and Windows 64 bit checked.
    Animate 2 is just adding the Serial number. No download required.
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Animate 2 is just adding the Serial number. No download required. Thanks. I guess I must have forgotten.
  • rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,178
    edited December 1969

The aniMate2 plugin is included with the standard install of DAZ Studio. It provides a 30 day trial. Once that trial expires you must enter a serial number or the plugin reverts to a "Lite" mode. When you purchase the aniMate2 product, in the case of DAZ Studio 4.x, you are purchasing a serial number.

The page for aniMate2 in the Product Library provides a PDF (i.e. "aniMate2 DS4 Installation Guide" - the blue button) with this information and instructions on how to activate the plugin.

-Rob

• wowiewowie Posts: 2,029
    edited December 1969

Everything looks good.

Any idea when raytraced SSS brick will be available in Shader mixer?

• ChromaDrakeChromaDrake Posts: 288
    edited November 2014

It's great to see the new version is ready, but I always try to wait with any new software update. I'm afraid I let others be the guinea pigs, but the new features do sound nice.

Huh, I could have sworn I was seeing it until tonight...sorry, guess I'm just confused from trying to figure out why on earth DAZ decided on such an overly complex organization system for content. Do we really need separate folders for the materials of a prop? Couldn't just have nested folders like (outfit -> props -> MATs) instead of them spread all over friggin' creation? Ah well, I gave it a shot, now back to organizing them manually.
    The folder organization of these 3D programs like DAZ and Poser has always struck me as something created by insane inmates of a lunatic asylum. It follows bizarre patterns that have nothing to do with lucid thought or common sense.

Unfortunately, it seems like the 'structure' such as it is has become a tradition so we just have to live with it. But I like to think is a special place in the Hell waiting for the people who first thought up the term 'Runtime' and all the rest.

Post edited by ChromaDrake on
    edited December 1969

rbtwhiz said:
    The aniMate2 plugin is included with the standard install of DAZ Studio. It provides a 30 day trial. Once that trial expires you must enter a serial number or the plugin reverts to a "Lite" mode. When you purchase the aniMate2 product, in the case of DAZ Studio 4.x, you are purchasing a serial number.

The page for aniMate2 in the Product Library provides a PDF (i.e. "aniMate2 DS4 Installation Guide" - the blue button) with this information and instructions on how to activate the plugin.

-Rob

It's all right there on the product page. I just didn't scroll down far enough to the "Notes" section. And what's worse is that I "knew" this, but I forgot. It is a nice refresher to see all the information together here in your reply, complete with links. I bet it will help some other forgetful people, too. Thanks Rob.
  • JPiatJPiat Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

For those, who like me, use the keyboard to navigate through the content and not the scene : Windows\Workspace\Customize (F3) : remove the shortkey in the View Control Action.

edited November 2014

jpiat said:
    For those, who like me, use the keyboard to navigate through the content and not the scene : Windows\Workspace\Customize (F3) : remove the shortkey in the View Control Action.
    Or just use the Keyboard looking icon in the toolbar to disable it, temporarily. You get the best of both worlds.
    KeyboardNav.jpg
    574 x 73 - 22K
    Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
  • SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,505
    edited November 2014

It's great to see the new version is ready, but I always try to wait with any new software update. I'm afraid I let others be the guinea pigs, but the new features do sound nice.
    Huh, I could have sworn I was seeing it until tonight...sorry, guess I'm just confused from trying to figure out why on earth DAZ decided on such an overly complex organization system for content. Do we really need separate folders for the materials of a prop? Couldn't just have nested folders like (outfit -> props -> MATs) instead of them spread all over friggin' creation? Ah well, I gave it a shot, now back to organizing them manually.
    The folder organization of these 3D programs like DAZ and Poser has always struck me as something created by insane inmates of a lunatic asylum. It follows bizarre patterns that have nothing to do with lucid thought or common sense.

Unfortunately, it seems like the 'structure' such as it is has become a tradition so we just have to live with it. But I like to think is a special place in the Hell waiting for the people who first thought up the term 'Runtime' and all the rest.

LOL, trying to make sense of it has almost sent me to an asylum many a time. I actually don't mind the old Poser Runtime setup because it had main categories that made sense (Characters, Props, Poses, Lights, etc). While not being bound to a structure in Studio is great, it's allowed products to end up in so many folders that it becomes absolutely impossible to find anything unless you do some manual organization. For example, why do we need a folder in a completely different section for the two hand poses included with the Pirate set? Couldn't they just be in the main Pirate folder?...or at least in the separate Pirate prop folder that's also created because it apparently doesn't make any sense to place accessories in the same place as the clothing they're supposed to accessorize? ;)

Vanity directories are the worst though. I may love the stuff that Faveral, Merlin, Stonemason, and many other merchants make, but I don't need their stuff buried in MerchantName -> Fantasy -> Environments -> Exterior -> ProductName with the lights and materials in two separate folders miles away (not that those PAs are necessarily guilty of that, it's just an example). Is there really anything wrong with Props -> Environments -> ProductName?

Anyway, this is an old argument that just can't be won. I'm very happy with this Studio update and I look forward to using it to actually make something once I get my content reorganized. :)

Post edited by SnowSultan on
  • BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited November 2014

Wow IPR is a pretty cool feature, works like the Luxrender had to figure out how to change the viewport BG color found it!

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
    edited December 1969

I prefer backdrop to still be in the previous location....

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,668
    edited December 1969

LOL, trying to make sense of it has almost sent me to an asylum many a time. I actually don't mind the old Poser Runtime setup because it had main categories that made sense (Characters, Props, Poses, Lights, etc). While not being bound to a structure in Studio is great, it's allowed products to end up in so many folders that it becomes absolutely impossible to find anything unless you do some manual organization. For example, why do we need a folder in a completely different section for the two hand poses included with the Pirate set? Couldn't they just be in the main Pirate folder?...or at least in the separate Pirate prop folder that's also created because it apparently doesn't make any sense to place accessories in the same place as the clothing they're supposed to accessorize? ;)

Vanity directories are the worst though. I may love the stuff that Faveral, Merlin, Stonemason, and many other merchants make, but I don't need their stuff buried in MerchantName -> Fantasy -> Environments -> Exterior -> ProductName with the lights and materials in two separate folders miles away (not that those PAs are necessarily guilty of that, it's just an example). Is there really anything wrong with Props -> Environments -> ProductName?

Anyway, this is an old argument that just can't be won. I'm very happy with this Studio update and I look forward to using it to actually make something once I get my content reorganized. :)

That's really a content issue, though, not a DS issue. Nothing in DS stops people from putting the poses with the products - and in fact things like foot poses for shoes often are placed with the main product.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,505
    edited December 1969

Right, I didn't say that it's a Studio problem (was just adding that I'm happy with the Studio update because some people think I do nothing but complain). ;)

edited December 1969

Right, I didn't say that it's a Studio problem (was just adding that I'm happy with the Studio update because some people think I do nothing but complain). ;)

I thought everyone believed I had the corner on complaining! I just installed the new version. Installation went smoothly.
  • edited December 1969

I installed the 4.7 update through the manager. When i get into daz the Smart Content looks all out of wack. nothing is organized. Help?

• Melissa ConwayMelissa Conway Posts: 590
    edited December 1969

Looked in the User Guide for updated info on the new render settings pane, but it's not there. Please advise where to find this info, or at least how to choose to render an image series. tx

edited November 2014

Looked in the User Guide for updated info on the new render settings pane, but it's not there. Please advise where to find this info, or at least how to choose to render an image series. tx

I don't have the information in front of me.
    The short answer is to go to the top of the pane and select "all" and it will look very close to what you are used to.

(I am riding the train home. LOL.)

Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
  • Melissa ConwayMelissa Conway Posts: 590
    edited December 1969

I don't have the information in front of me.
    The short answer is to go to the top of the pane and select "all" and it will look very close to what you are used to.

(I am riding the train home. LOL.)

Ohhhh. Okay, got it. Thanks!

• Chou-VertChou-Vert Posts: 122
    edited December 1969

Nice graphics! Welcome to Snazulon.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Please give us the option to either turn off the Tips tab in the Content pane. I'd rather, *if* there is an insistence of it being there, have an option to move it to the last rather than the first slot. I'd much rather have the Info tab first as it's more relevant to what I'm loading. Keep in mind you have ALLOT of seasoned users here and I highly doubt any of them bother with that tab. I just fine is annoying that I can't either hide that particular tab or move it.

Thanks!

• NaviNavi Posts: 443
    edited December 1969

One question : Can I reinstall last 4.6 version, with 4.7 in place ? I mean, will the 4.6 installer propose to uninstall 4.7, like in other updates where it uninstall prior version ?

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited November 2014

Never mind.

Post edited by DavidGB on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

socalrez said:
    I installed the 4.7 update through the manager. When i get into daz the Smart Content looks all out of wack. nothing is organized. Help?

Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Please give us the option to either turn off the Tips tab in the Content pane. I'd rather, *if* there is an insistence of it being there, have an option to move it to the last rather than the first slot. I'd much rather have the Info tab first as it's more relevant to what I'm loading. Keep in mind you have ALLOT of seasoned users here and I highly doubt any of them bother with that tab. I just fine is annoying that I can't either hide that particular tab or move it.

Thanks!

Click on the little triangle in the center of the dividing line between the content and the tips portion to fold up the tips.

close_tips.png
    547 x 793 - 34K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Yea, I know all about that (seasoned user here) But I want the ability to move the Tips tab over behind the Tags tab and have the Info tab first since I refer to that one often.

• lakotagirllakotagirl Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

just got usd to daz 4.6 ...lol now backdrop is gone. so where do I find this new environment panel and wher can i change colors for viewport etc?
    excuse my questions but still a beginner

thanks in advance

edited December 1969

just got usd to daz 4.6 ...lol now backdrop is gone. so where do I find this new environment panel and wher can i change colors for viewport etc?
    excuse my questions but still a beginner

thanks in advance

Window > Panes > Environment

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 1969

Hi everyone,

Could anyone help me with the opposite kinda thing? I'm using the scripted renderer, and the old sample script (and hence anything based on it) can't seem to process the background properly anymore - I can't make it render with a transparent background (looks like either dz3DViewport class got changed, or there is a new class I need to use, but I can't find anything in the scripting docs). I would very much appreciate any tips towards getting back in control over it.

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,345
    edited December 1969

Now, I have problems with toonycam pro. ID outlines by difuse color doesn't works since some point when I installed general release. It was working in beta, before General release.