MetaMixer

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited November 2021

I created this guy with MetaMixer, using the stuff that came with it and the Dasan HD update that I downloaded from DIM. I still don't really know what I'm doing, although I found the PDF manual to be valuable. I found the videos on the product page to be extremely confusing. I don't know how to control the HD Details without changing the character shape. Where is that explained?

BV MetaMixer Character 1 Male_Camera.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Very misleading product. it sugests I can mix every actor I own. insead get a defualt 4 widgets but hey I can bye more...

• AprilYSHAprilYSH Posts: 1,481

barbult said:

I created this guy with MetaMixer, using the stuff that came with it and the Dasan HD update that I downloaded from DIM. I still don't really know what I'm doing, although I found the PDF manual to be valuable. I found the videos on the product page to be extremely confusing. I don't know how to control the HD Details without changing the character shape. Where is that explained?

cool, what skin is this?

AprilYSH said:

barbult said:

cool, what skin is this?

That skin is Zak HD. I adjusted the translucency to 0.88.

• Faux2DFaux2D Posts: 452

barbult said:

It is explained in the Tutorial pdf but you might have missed it.

Long story short, you can create your face at base resolution, save the MM custom preset, load it on a fresh Genesis figure, then load MM again on this figure but this time around only use the +HD morphs. This way you'll end up with 2 presets: one base resolution (for the overall shape of the face) + one HD (for the fine details). When you're saving the MM preset with the HD morphs make sure to select the Genesis figure and reset the figure's shape, otherwise the preset you save will have both base resolution details and HD details.

• videoninja719videoninja719 Posts: 343
    edited November 2021

Please answer this if I just PURCHASE additional HD ADDONS (not the bundled metamixer hd addons) and not the full character just the hd addons, WILL i be ABLE to use the HD ADDONS  with METAMIXER?

Post edited by videoninja719 on
  • marble said:

The email promo for this new toolkit just appeared so I took a quick look. First impression questions:

1. Doesn't "MetaHuman" infringe the already existing MetaHuman from Unreal?I

From what I recall, MetaHuman Creator was created with Unreal Engine and Daz.

videoninja719 said:

testing out metamixer, but i dont have the power pose tab, only posing and i can't see the blue dots nor display for it...help!

Tutorial file located in the MetaMixer folder, or search forr "MetaMixer - Tutorial" in your base directory where you installed the product. The PowerPose needs to be reset manually on older versions of Daz Studio (lower than 4.16). How to achieve this is explained in the tutorial file.

ATTENTION:

For anyone who thinks MetaMixer is laggy this might be because you have another figure fitted to your Genesis figure. You can either DELETE anything attached to the Genesis figure, this includes Eyelashes and Tear figures. Or you can avoid using the MetaMixer Camera altogether.

edited November 2021

I can't figure out how to apply the expressions, like Smile Open. The Tutorial says "There are also several expression controllers in the Power Pose menu." But it doesn't say how to use them. Where do I click and drag, Or is that is even what I'm supposed to do? I'm using G8F. Does it only work on G8.1? The product page says "Compatible Figures: Genesis 8 Female, Genesis 8 Male, Genesis 8.1 Female, Genesis 8.1 Male". So it should work on G8F. I can't get any expression to do anything on G8F. This is a very frustrating tool!

I'm using DS 4.16.0.3 Release version.

• Faux2D said:

videoninja719 said:

testing out metamixer, but i dont have the power pose tab, only posing and i can't see the blue dots nor display for it...help!

Tutorial file located in the MetaMixer folder, or search forr "MetaMixer - Tutorial" in your base directory where you installed the product. The PowerPose needs to be reset manually on older versions of Daz Studio (lower than 4.16). How to achieve this is explained in the tutorial file.

Thank you for the clearing up, just one last question 

One last question IF I just purchase additional HD ADDONS (not the bundled metamixer hd addons ) and not the full character just the hd addons, WILL i be ABLE to use the HD addons  with METAMIXER?

videoninja719 said:

Faux2D said:

videoninja719 said:

Thank you for the clearing up, just one last question 

One last question IF I just purchase additional HD ADDONS (not the bundled metamixer hd addons ) and not the full character just the hd addons, WILL i be ABLE to use the HD addons  with METAMIXER?

I'm reluctant to answer this question because I don't know. Daz3D decides how they market the MM add-ons as they own the rights to the product. So far this is the most talked about issue in this thread.

barbult said:

I can't figure out how to apply the expressions, like Smile Open. The Tutorial says "There are also several expression controllers in the Power Pose menu." But it doesn't say how to use them. Where do I click and drag, Or is that is even what I'm supposed to do? I'm using G8F. Does it only work on G8.1? The product page says "Compatible Figures: Genesis 8 Female, Genesis 8 Male, Genesis 8.1 Female, Genesis 8.1 Male". So it should work on G8F. I can't get any expression to do anything on G8F. This is a very frustrating tool!

Yes, the expressions controllers only work on 8.1 because 8.1 has different expressions than 8.

The MM expression controllers are just shortcuts for the 8.1 stock expressions and not something I created. I placed them there so people can quickly access them when modelling their character because sometimes geometry clipping can happen when "posing" the face. Going through them will help the user to make tweaks in MM in order to avoid any clipping.

For Genesis 8 you'll have to dial in these expressions manually from the Genesis figure Parameters Tab directly.

Faux2D said:

barbult said:

Yes, the expressions controllers only work on 8.1 because 8.1 has different expressions than 8.

The MM expression controllers are just shortcuts for the 8.1 stock expressions and not something I created. I placed them there so people can quickly access them when modelling their character because sometimes geometry clipping can happen when "posing" the face. Going through them will help the user to make tweaks in MM in order to avoid any clipping.

For Genesis 8 you'll have to dial in these expressions manually from the Genesis figure Parameters Tab directly.

Thank you for clearing that up. Daz has done a poor job explaining what works with what. I'm glad you are here to help.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Faux2D said:

barbult said:

I actually got these to work sporatically.  I had just clicked the smile open and dragged to the right and it worked.  Was no where need the pose area.  Its also very very touchy, at least on mine......

edited November 2021

So, I gave up on G8F and moved to G8.1F. The expressions work on G8.1.

BV MetaMixer Character 1 Female_Camera.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 3M
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Custom1Tm112021.jpg
    2157 x 1726 - 3M
  • AprilYSHAprilYSH Posts: 1,481

Very nice "test" renders barbult and Daventaki! I think I'm enjoying seeing character mixes... familiar but different.  

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

gerster said:

The MetaMixer Toolkit comes with everything you need to begin using MetaMixer in Daz Studio. While owning a base character will always be the best way to benefit from full-body features, MetaMixer Add-Ons allow you to use that character's head shape in MetaMixer whether or not the character is in your library. This toolkit includes 4 add-ons to get you started:

Holt 8 Add-On for MetaMixer
        The Brute 8 Add-On for MetaMixer
        Nida 8 Add-On for MetaMixer
        Twosret 8 Add-On for MetaMixer

Additional character add-ons and HD add-ons for MetaMixer are sold separately.

Sounds for me, that they want us to charge again for Chars which we already own.

+1

Although I never bought Daz's HD morphs as i consider them rediculously over-priced.

• Ridiculous as in the word ridicule 

will all the people on the forum who keep posting rediculous learn what the word means

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,556
    edited November 2021

Kjaer with Celani face and Celani with Kjaer face

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,365
    edited November 2021

well, i finally got a ocuple to work ... but overall i think it just as easy to just go to the sliders and slide. might be habitual and it will grow on me. 
    Had a couple renders, but can;t find where I saved them to. will edit when found

black woman1.png
    1800 x 1440 - 2M
    Post edited by daveso on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

Faux2D said:

barbult said:

Do you know why the female MM Presets & and the female Topsy HD addon with MM HD+ presets refuse to apply to my Genesis 8.1 Male base? You mentioned that the paramteters tab only has the male MM presets (Holt, Drutherson, The Brute, The Brute HD+) when it should also include the female MM presets however you did not tell me how to add the female MM presets to the Base Genesis 8.12 Male?

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

nonesuch00 said:

Do you know why the female MM Presets & and the female Topsy HD addon with MM HD+ presets refuse to apply to my Genesis 8.1 Male base? You mentioned that the paramteters tab only has the male MM presets (Holt, Drutherson, The Brute, The Brute HD+) when it should also include the female MM presets however you did not tell me how to add the female MM presets to the Base Genesis 8.12 Male?

I think you just pop a female into one of the three slots in the Mixer to mix in a female. The HD addons are subtle and hard to see so they might be working. I've found though, that if you have customized library folders, this thing isn't going to work because it's calling the files where Daz put them. THAT bugs me no end. 

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732

Got the mega kit off to see what kind of goodies one can create. Will also investigate how to add other characters that we own HD to the list.

edited November 2021

AllenArt said:

nonesuch00 said:

I think you just pop a female into one of the three slots in the Mixer to mix in a female. The HD addons are subtle and hard to see so they might be working. I've found though, that if you have customized library folders, this thing isn't going to work because it's calling the files where Daz put them. THAT bugs me no end. 

No, I've done that. Tworet, Topsy, & the 3rd I forget her name & it's not working. The guys work and are listed in the "MetaMixer hidden parameters" section of the Base Genesis 8.1 Male.

I think your HD+ problem is that it doesn't change the overall shape, just things like pores, wrinkles, vascular, and so on. You won't notice unless you up the subD to 4. So you need to e.g. 1) Add The Brute 2) Add the Brute HD to the same letter (A B C) slot. 

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
    edited November 2021

MetaMixer will not mix any male MetaMixer presets into G8.1F for me. Here is a screenshot. Am I doing anything wrong? I am using DS 4.16.0.3. I used widgets  Holt 8,  Brute 8, and Kwan 8 (which I purchased). If I drag the Powerpose dots around, absolutely nothing happens.

MetaMixer wii not blend male to female.jpg
    2596 x 1975 - 351K

barbult said:

MetaMixer will not mix any male MetaMixer presets into G8.1F for me. Here is a screenshot. Am I doing anything wrong? I am using DS 4.16.0.3. I used widgets  Holt 8,  Brute 8, and Kwan 8 (which I purchased). If I drag the Powerpose dots around, absolutely nothing happens.

Most likely it's because the male and female morphs have been separated. If you don't have any Kwan 8 morphs for example in your Genesis Female figure (located in the MetaMixer group) then the widgets won't work. On the product page I don't see them specify that the male MM Character presets work on the Genesis Female figure or vice-versa.

https://www.daz3d.com/freja-8-add-on-for-metamixer

In the compatible figures area it only mentions Genesis Female.

Also transfering facial morphs from male to female or vice-versa takes time, especially for the HD ones. In time they will probably be made available, it's still a new product.

edited November 2021

Faux2D said:

barbult said:

Most likely it's because the male and female morphs have been separated. If you don't have any Kwan 8 morphs for example in your Genesis Female figure (located in the MetaMixer group) then the widgets won't work. On the product page I don't see them specify that the male MM Character presets work on the Genesis Female figure or vice-versa.

Also transfering facial morphs from male to female or vice-versa takes time, especially for the HD ones. In time they will probably be made available, it's still a new product.

I drew my conclusion that male and female were mixable from the videos linked on the "How it works" section of the  Daz MetaMixer web page. The first video clearly shows a combination of male and female widgets. Here is a screenshot from the video showing Topsy 8 widget combined with two male widgets and used on Genesis 8.1 Male. If that is not truly "How it works" then the videos are misleading. Customers are expecting the product to work as demonstrated.

Mixed male and femal in metamixer.jpg
    2191 x 1871 - 250K
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

barbult said:

Faux2D said:

barbult said:

I drew my conclusion that male and female were mixable from the videos linked on the "How it works" section of the  Daz MetaMixer web page. The first video clearly shows a combination of male and female widgets. Here is a screenshot from the video showing Topsy 8 widget combined with two male widgets and used on Genesis 8.1 Male. If that is not truly "How it works" then the videos are misleading. Customers are expecting the product to work as demonstrated.

I was under the same assumption - due to the videos. 

edited November 2021

Faux2D said:

barbult said:

Thanks for confirming that. I do want the Male & Female morphs to cross mix but I'll guess we'll have to wait and see. This reduces the usefully by half.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on