DAZ Studio Pro BETA [Release Candidate] - version 4.7.0.11! [UPDATED]

123457»

Comments

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited December 1969

I don't do betas any more, but this and some of the other features are making me really look forward to the final release.

Agreed -- same for me.

Until it's available, however, has anyone had any issues using the updated Genesis and G2F/G2M starter bundles with version 4.6.3.52?

You shouldn't have any problem, they've added new content but none of the existing content has changed.

Cool, thanks.

• TheDarkerSideOfArtTheDarkerSideOfArt Posts: 84
    edited December 1969

So decided to re rig something in the new version to give it a try and though the grouping rigging weight mapping all went well..the view for some reason is darker?
    both version side by side with everything the same..though everything i load in 4.7 is dark?

Viewports.jpg
    1280 x 980 - 115K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Any insider talk of when this will go to full release?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,707
    edited December 1969

Is Gamma Correction on in Render Settings in one but not the other? Do the options in Edit>Preferences>Interface match?

• TheDarkerSideOfArtTheDarkerSideOfArt Posts: 84
    edited November 2014

Is Gamma Correction on in Render Settings in one but not the other? Do the options in Edit>Preferences>Interface match?

yes that was it (the Gamma correction) , thank you.

Post edited by TheDarkerSideOfArt on
  • DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited November 2014

RAMWolff said:

DAZ Soon. :vampire:

Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

Of course. Silly me.....

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    RAMWolff said:

Of course. Silly me..... You should find it in Install Manager now. Not sure what time the post will go live though. LOL

:vampire:

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

yep in my DIM now...time to play

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...just saw that as well. So is this the public stable release?

edited December 1969

OMG. Happy Dance. YAY!

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,178
    edited December 1969

General Release thread.

-Rob

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...just saw that as well. So is this the public stable release?
    Short answer, yes.
    Long answer:
    Beta builds are marked as Beta and have a different sku number. They are also tagged so you can filter them out them from your list of Install manager Downloads. (Default for Public Beta is off.) Until it changes (Probably DS 5) the Sku number for the public, stable, release is 13176, we don't release beta's with that sku number. We don't release Betas without the Beta tag. :)

So for future reference when that sku number has an update it is a new stable release. :)

edited December 1969

...cool, thanks. Didn't want to install before I was sure.

Guess I have the "Beta Off" filter active or I never saw a beta version in the DIM Product Updates pane.

Another silly question, do we still have to reactivate our plugins as had to be done for the Beta?

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Another silly question, do we still have to reactivate our plugins as had to be done for the Beta?

I am not sure what you are referring to. The only thing that I am aware of with plug-ins is that if you want them to be installed to the Beta, you have to use the Beta version of the DAZ3D plug-ins. For third party plug-ins you have to, sometimes, uninstall and reinstall plug-ins so they go into both the Beta and the release version, others there is no easy way to get them to work with the Beta.

But I don't know any plug-in that requires a reactivation without a change to the SDK. (Like what happened between 3.0 and 4.0 and between 4.0 and 4.5.) There is no change to the SDK between 4.5 and this release.

edited November 2014

..apologies, I meant install.

ETA.

Installed, checked my plugins status and all are "green" so don't need to do anything else.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited December 1969

Question:

Can the Aux Viewport have a different aspect ratio to the main viewport? I mean apart from changing the view to Perspective or Left, etc?

I have put the Aux View in a tab in my Right Hand Panel which is tall and narrow whereas my main viewport is wide aspect. I'd like the aux view to be filled (fit to window).

edited December 1969

Make a new camera and in the Camera Dimensions settings in the Parameter Pane change the size to Active Viewport and choose that camera in the Aux Viewport and then remove the Aspect Frame for that camera

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,345
    edited December 1969

Are there a way to achieve a big size rendering for IPR?
    I obtain significative difference between IPR and final rendering. Because I'm searching simplification, I want the simplified IPR output, but I need big size for better results, I think about 3000x3000 pixel size in IPR. Because I work with a very simple shader, possible time rendering is not a problem.

• zmortiszmortis Posts: 98
    edited December 1969

DrPingy said:

I use an ASUS PB287Q.

It is very good. Sharp and powerfull colors.
    In Windows System I set the size of text of 120%.

Dr. Pingy,

I just got the ASUS PB287Q myself. I'm also feeling your pain of using a 4K monitor with fixed pixel size fonts. DAZ would be nice if they used interface fonts in point sizing, and let the end user define the DPI for their monitor setup to correct for this interface scaling issue. I'm noticing that Adobe is suffering similar interface 4K scaling issues, but at least allows scaleable fonts to alleviate the unreadable microprint issue.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

How do I change the background colour in this version please

edited December 1969

scorpio

Window > Panes > Environment Pane everything beyond that should be self explanatory. If it is just the viewport Background colour then that is done through Window > Style > Customise Colors

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    scorpio

Window > Panes > Environment Pane everything beyond that should be self explanatory. If it is just the viewport Background colour then that is done through Window > Style > Customise Colors

Thank you it was the viewport background, it got changed when I loaded something in and I couldn't find a way to get it back, then I messed up my whole layout, and have just spent the last 20minutes getting that back how I like it.

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    scorpio

Thank you it was the viewport background, it got changed when I loaded something in and I couldn't find a way to get it back, then I messed up my whole layout, and have just spent the last 20minutes getting that back how I like it.did you save the new workspace and layout so if it happens again you can get it back with a few clicks? Also in Edit > Preferences > Scene you have the options pertaining to Background colour when saving or opening new scenes.

• MythmakerMythmaker Posts: 606
    edited December 1969

gilikshe said:
    Are there a way to achieve a big size rendering for IPR?
    I obtain significative difference between IPR and final rendering. Because I'm searching simplification, I want the simplified IPR output, but I need big size for better results, I think about 3000x3000 pixel size in IPR. Because I work with a very simple shader, possible time rendering is not a problem.

I'm very curious about this IPR thing. Does it mean I could have near-real-time shadow or at least ambient occlusion? For animation too? That would super super awesome!!!

I have so many questions. Trying hard to not run to the store and buy up all the animation packs...

I would really appreciate it gilikshe if you would show me some pics of IPR? Or is it allowed since this is a beta...?

edited December 1969
  • MythmakerMythmaker Posts: 606
    edited December 1969

Oh Ok thanks. Heading over...