DAZ Studio Pro BETA [Release Candidate] - version 4.7.0.11! [UPDATED]

Comments

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Spit said:
    This is an is there a way question and I don't remember (and pretty much doubt) if I ever submitted a request on this....

When Studio first got tiling, it applied only to the diffuse. Now it applies also to the opacity channel. That's good.

But sometimes I need it NOT to apply to opacity. I have some circular b/w masks with rough edges that I like to apply to discs to get rid of 'straight' edges. If I'm using a lower res texture I usually need to tile it to make it look better then when I put the mask in the opacity channel it tiles too.

Is there a way to overcome this?

In DS, all available shaders, that allow tiling, are tiled the same, in all channels.As far as I know, there is currently not a shader available that allows different tiling on different channels, though it could be built.

Note that wouldn't be the software but a shader.

It isn't a difficult thing to do in shader mixer.

http://www.daz3d.com/tiler-shader-for-daz-studio

!!!! Thank you!!!! I even have it!!!!!!!!

(And thanks for replying, BTL, DimensionTheory already did the work!)

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 1969

Hi everyone,

I'm really happy with the build (love the ability to have tabs "behind" the viewport!!), but I have two issues. I don't know if they are bugs or it's me doing something wrong. Could anyone please help?

1) When using "scripted renderer" (scripts based on the Standard Example one, and the Point-Based too), the final render does not have a transparent background but red. (like in the image attached to this post, please scroll down to see: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/21611/P780/#712946 )

Could anyone point me to a particular page of the scripting documentation or post a line of code that would explain how to fix it and make the background transparent again?

2) When using "older" City Limits, if I expand the right side column, it hides the camera controls of the viewport (see attached image). Is there a way to fix it?

Thank you!

screen47cameracontrols.jpg
    818 x 728 - 133K
  • HellboyHellboy Posts: 1,437
    edited December 1969

Hellboy said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...hopefully they fixed the "disappearing cursor" Still having that happen in 4.6.3.53

Actually, no. They didn`t. -.-
    Actually, yes, we did, in most cases. The fix should be in the build you currently have.

"Fixed an issue with cursor visibility while using IPR" from 4.6.4.113 got most of the cases. If you have specific cases that didn't get caught in that fix, please file a support ticket, so we can get to those cases.

Problem is it just randomly happens without a way to specify the reason. But it`s good to know it wasn`t overlooked. Thanks.

• wasabiwasabi Posts: 36
    edited November 2014

Great version !
    I win time with IPR for my Renders, thanks.

My observations:
    1-Tool Settings/Node Weight Map Brush:

In Tool Settings/Node Weight Map Brush the brush + alt don't works for me on mesh. To illustrate that ->LINK ON YOUTUBE

2-It's possible to have a pane ALWAYS "undockable" in Preferences, when you click on the icon appears always a undockable pane.

3-To reimport content in SmartContent i can do Re-import Metadata...

smartreim.jpg
    597 x 271 - 51K
    Post edited by wasabi on
  • DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

Hellboy said:
    Hellboy said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...hopefully they fixed the "disappearing cursor" Still having that happen in 4.6.3.53

Actually, no. They didn`t. -.-
    Actually, yes, we did, in most cases. The fix should be in the build you currently have.

"Fixed an issue with cursor visibility while using IPR" from 4.6.4.113 got most of the cases. If you have specific cases that didn't get caught in that fix, please file a support ticket, so we can get to those cases.

Problem is it just randomly happens without a way to specify the reason. But it`s good to know it wasn`t overlooked. Thanks.Let me rephrase. In many cases, instead of most cases.

I just found out that a couple of fixes did not make it into the build as they haven't been fully tested and were considered risky because of the things they affect. So while there was some fixes to this, we didn't get as many cases as I thought we did in this version. The cause for it has been identified, and more cases will be eliminated as we continue.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited November 2014

2) When using "older" City Limits, if I expand the right side column, it hides the camera controls of the viewport (see attached image). Is there a way to fix it?

EDITED: Correction to my post, I see a way to avoid this: The tabs above your viewport appear to define the width of the viewport. Move some of those tabs from the top to one of the sidebars.

If you look at one of the other workspace layouts where the viewport does resize smaller for you, you will see those tabs aren't taking up as much space in that other layout.

Post edited by sriesch on
  • rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,171
    edited December 1969

How do I reclaim this unused area for my scene without having to go "Full Screen"?

This script will hide the tab bar for the pane group that the Viewport pane is in...

var oPaneMgr = MainWindow.getPaneMgr();
    var oPane = oPaneMgr.findPane( "DzViewportMgrPane" );
    if( oPane ){
     var oPaneGroup = oPane.getPaneGroup();
     if( oPaneGroup ){
      oPaneGroup.hideTabBar( true );
     }
    }

Once hidden, this state is stored in the session layout, so it will be restored to the same state on subsequent launches.

-Rob

edited December 1969

Thank you!

The issue is that some panes have a minimum size. In your particular case it is likely shader mixer. Either removing that pane or opening it and collapsing the left side should solve this.

You could also move the toolbars on each side to the top or bottom of the interface and that will free up additional width.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

rbtwhiz said:
    How do I reclaim this unused area for my scene without having to go "Full Screen"?

This script will hide the tab bar for the pane group that the Viewport pane is in...

var oPaneMgr = MainWindow.getPaneMgr();
    var oPane = oPaneMgr.findPane( "DzViewportMgrPane" );
    if( oPane ){
     var oPaneGroup = oPane.getPaneGroup();
     if( oPaneGroup ){
      oPaneGroup.hideTabBar( true );
     }
    }

Once hidden, this state is stored in the session layout, so it will be restored to the same state on subsequent launches.

-Rob

You are genius!

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited November 2014

Funny this comes out right as I'm rebooting my system.

I have compatilibity issues with the NVIDEA OpenGL video card that prevents me form making renders. Even though I have everything on default, I keep getting an error that says there's no renderer. So, I looked to my plug-ins and it appears not everything installed properly.

Below are my specs, directories, video settings, and error:

Untitled.png
    1600 x 900 - 283K
    Untitled2.png
    1600 x 900 - 265K
    Untitled1.png
    1600 x 900 - 186K
    Untitled.png
    1329 x 735 - 97K
    Post edited by RCDeschene on
    edited December 1969

I have compatilibity issues with the NVIDEA OpenGL video card that prevents me form making renders. Even though I have everything on default, I keep getting an error that says there's no renderer. So, I looked to my plug-ins and it appears not everything installed properly.

Below are my specs, directories and error:

I am not seeing a problem with a conflict with an nVidia driver with your screen shots, but I am seeing a stack of DLL's that did not install correctly.

How did you install this version of DS? (Did you let Install Manager install it or did you use Install Manager to download it and move the files in the zips yourself?)

Was any version of DS running when you installed?

In either event, making sure DS is not running, uninstalling DS and reinstalling DS should fix the issue. (It could also, but less likely, be a corrupt Download.)

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

I am not seeing a problem with a conflict with an nVidia driver with your screen shots, but I am seeing a stack of DLL's that did not install correctly.

How did you install this version of DS? (Did you let Install Manager install it or did you use Install Manager to download it and move the files in the zips yourself?)

In either event, making sure DS is not running, uninstalling DS and reinstalling DS should fix the issue. (It could also, but less likely, be a corrupt Download.)

I let the Install Manager install it via the customized directories I assigned to it (E:\COMPUTER\DAZ 3D\PROGRAM APPLICATION\DAZ 3D/etc...). I did this so that DS in it's entirety would be on my external hard drive.

edited December 1969

I let the Install Manager install it via the customized directories I assigned to it (E:\COMPUTER\DAZ 3D\PROGRAM APPLICATION\DAZ 3D/etc...). I did this so that DS in it's entirety would be on my external hard drive.Since you let Install Manager install it, then that makes the most likely scenario that DS was running when it was installed (or still shutting down.).
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited November 2014

Greetings,
    I've seen this before. I've reported it before, but for the LIFE of me I can't remember (or find) what the issue is...

This is with the beta, thus my noting it in this thread.

On the left is the preview. It's...well, a picture says more than I ever could. On the right is the IPR for the same image.

I'm very concerned it's corrupted my save, or something. I can't move the figure that's exploded, so I've had to move the world around them.

Any advice would be really helpful...

-- Morgan
    [Edit: Also the beta crashes on exit every time now. I reported one, but these look different. 'pointer being freed was not allocated'.]

Exploding_Models.jpg
    1387 x 1145 - 581K
    Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    I've seen this before. I've reported it before, but for the LIFE of me I can't remember (or find) what the issue is...

This is with the beta, thus my noting it in this thread.

On the left is the preview. It's...well, a picture says more than I ever could. On the right is the IPR for the same image.

I'm very concerned it's corrupted my save, or something. I can't move the figure that's exploded, so I've had to move the world around them.

Any advice would be really helpful...

-- Morgan
    [Edit: Also the beta crashes on exit every time now. I reported one, but these look different. 'pointer being freed was not allocated'.]

Haven't seen this for a long time...maybe back when DS4.5 first came out. At that time the advice was simply to save the scene, quit/restart DS, and then reload the scene and it should be fine. Not sure if this advice still holds true at the present time, so you might want to save to a new filename to be on the safe side.
  • OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

I started to see the exploding mesh thing in DS4.6 recently. I hadn't seen it before, and I realized that it was after I had changed the graphics optimization setting (because the recent winter scene product had bogged everything down). I haven't seen it since I reset that.

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited November 2014

The beta will only render to file, changing the setting doesn't work. Any workaround?

Edit: I see someone else already asked the question. Next build, gotcha.

Post edited by araneldon on
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

Ostadan said:
    I started to see the exploding mesh thing in DS4.6 recently. I hadn't seen it before, and I realized that it was after I had changed the graphics optimization setting (because the recent winter scene product had bogged everything down). I haven't seen it since I reset that.
    BLESS YOU!

Changing my Preferences / Interface # Display Optimization to 'Better' from 'Best' cleaned it up on-the-spot!

Thank you!

-- Morgan

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

...I've also seen that happen due to smoothing settings used on older scenes. Recently I opened a scene that I did just after G2F and the Growing Up morphs came out, in which I had to crank up the smoothing and collision iterations to eliminate nagging poke through in the chest area on SickleYield's Classic Swimsuit. When I opened the scene the other night to check a couple of the morph settings I used, the swimsuit literally "exploded" filling the entire viewport.

Apparently, there was a revision made to the smoothing modifier sometime between the version I originally created the scene with and the current stable release (4.6.3.52), for when I reduced the smoothing levels to the default (3), the suit conformed perfectly with no pokethrough.

edited December 1969

araneldon said:
    The beta will only render to file, changing the setting doesn't work. Any workaround?

Edit: I see someone else already asked the question. Next build, gotcha.

Since there's no telling when the next build is coming I figured out a workaround. Apparently the GUI is just broken but the setting can be changed via scripting.

Save the following code in a script (call it whatever you want, with dsa as the extension) and place it in your Scripts folder or wherever:

var oRenderMgr = App.getRenderMgr();
    var opt = oRenderMgr.getRenderOptions();
    opt.renderImgToId = opt.NewWindow; // NewWindow or DirectToFile, whichever you prefer

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,171
    edited November 2014

A new build has been posted; see change log.

-Rob

Post edited by rbtwhiz on
    edited December 1969

Oh sorry, I didn't notice the new build. Thanks.

• TatalorioTatalorio Posts: 33
    edited November 2014

ignore

Post edited by Tatalorio on
  • beregarberegar Posts: 245
    edited November 2014

Have the paths for Genesis changed in the starter essentials? I just installed the beta version of Daz Studio and along with it the starter essentials. Now when I'm trying to open any scene with genesis or load a new genesis it says missing files and gives path /data/daz 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf?

It also does the same for example for FBMBasicMale and FBMBasicChild with a longer path /data/daz 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/Daz 3D/Base among other things?

Edit1: Reinstalled the essentials and it works now. Weird... I wonder what overwrote it.

Edit2: Where has my toolbar customization menu gone? I can't find it from under edit or any others? I just exported the toolbars but can't find where to import them?

Edit3: NM found them. They are now under window > workspace > customize (also I seriously need to rename what "window" to "view". I keep forgetting what it does).

Post edited by beregar on
  • Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 1969

EDITED: Correction to my post, I see a way to avoid this: The tabs above your viewport appear to define the width of the viewport. Move some of those tabs from the top to one of the sidebars.

The issue is that some panes have a minimum size. In your particular case it is likely shader mixer. Either removing that pane or opening it and collapsing the left side should solve this.

You could also move the toolbars on each side to the top or bottom of the interface and that will free up additional width.

Thank you both. It's not just shader mixer, shader builder too.

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited December 1969

I don't do betas any more, but this and some of the other features are making me really look forward to the final release.

Agreed -- same for me.

Until it's available, however, has anyone had any issues using the updated Genesis and G2F/G2M starter bundles with version 4.6.3.52?

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Apparently, there was a revision made to the smoothing modifier sometime between the version I originally created the scene with and the current stable release (4.6.3.52), for when I reduced the smoothing levels to the default (3), the suit conformed perfectly with no pokethrough.

(Possibly related)

I have noticed this too. I was creating an conformable armband, tight fitting to the figure (Ive done this a while back with much success), unfortunately we cant have skin tight conformables any more, the smoothing modifier rips it up and lifts it with a much larger offset from the figure surface than it should. This created heavier distortion than what was happening without smoother on and the conformable is not following morphs as aggressively as it did, leading to poke through.

I've been meaning to post this, but wasn't sure if it was just me forgetting something. I remade the accessory a few times, had to create a silly offset and increase the mesh double than what I normally use. Now it works because I offset it to begin with, but it is left with a silly gap hovering the skin surface (Bad for close ups) and distorts when it doesn't follow the morph completely despite it has well above the mesh density to do so.

On the opposite arm I had a conforming armband I made several DS versions back, its skin tight and has the smoothing modifier and no issues at all. This new one is very different. Seems odd it only affects the newer created conformables for me if its affecting older items for you Kyoto. Ive seen this issue where I apply Smoother on an item in this beta version and the previous DS 4.6.3.52

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I don't do betas any more, but this and some of the other features are making me really look forward to the final release.

Agreed -- same for me.

Until it's available, however, has anyone had any issues using the updated Genesis and G2F/G2M starter bundles with version 4.6.3.52?

You shouldn't have any problem, they've added new content but none of the existing content has changed.

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited November 2014

Hum... I am having some problem with Dynamic Clothing. Sometimes when I using some old Dynamic Clothing stuff I just load it in the scene and go to updated it to DSON format. I select the garment in the Scene pane and go to Save As>Support Asset>Dynamic Cloth Asset... This procedure always worked fine, I just can use the garment loading it from the new DSON file.

In the current beta 4.7.0.11 the new DSON converted file was not recognized as a Dynamic Clothing asset. After disable the Dynamic Cloth Plugin - Basic, the garment loads and is recognized as a Dynamic asset, but the Fit to control is missing. The weird thing is that if I go to the current stable release 4.6.3.52 and load the same converted file it works like a charm.

The beta the plug-in version is 1.4.0.11 and in the stable version is 1.3.3.52. I think there are a bug in the beta plug-in. Can someone make a test to confirm?

Post edited by MBusch on
    edited December 1969

MBusch said:
    Hum... I am having some problem with Dynamic Clothing. Sometimes when I using some old Dynamic Clothing stuff I just load it in the scene and go to updated it to DSON format. I select the garment in the Scene pane and go to Save As>Support Asset>Dynamic Cloth Asset... This procedure always worked fine, I just can use the garment loading it from the new DSON file.

In the current beta 4.7.0.11 the new DSON converted file was not recognized as a Dynamic Clothing asset. After disable the Dynamic Cloth Plugin - Basic, the garment loads and is recognized as a Dynamic asset, but the Fit to control is missing. The weird thing is that if I go to the current stable release 4.6.3.52 and load the same converted file it works like a charm.

The beta the plug-in version is 1.4.0.11 and in the stable version is 1.3.3.52. I think there are a bug in the beta plug-in. Can someone make a test to confirm?

Please file a support ticket, and please include the names of the cloth assets that were saved.