Oso - Can You Make a Tatzelwurm?

sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
edited August 2021 in Product Suggestions

A tatzelwurm is a type of dragon with a cat front end (and paws) and a serpent back end, no wings.  It's got fur on the front end and scales on the back.  I tried to morph the Oso Draco Furo but I can't get rid of the hind legs. I don't have your Will's Wurms product and would probably have the reverse problem of getting the front legs back and morphing the head into cat.  And, of course, the ears are missing.  But after seeing the fox morph of the DAZ Dog 8, I figured you've got most everything almost in and might be interested.  Here are some images.  Hopefully, other people will also be interested. Personally, I like the cat version better and supposedly, they're really good at persuading non-dragon hearers that they are just cats.  They are large animals, in the 30-40 lb range. The Caracal might be a good example for a tatzelwurm

Tatzelwurm

Foxlike Tatzelwurm

Caracal Desert Lynx

Post edited by sandmanmax on

Comments

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

Definitely interesting! The biggest challenge would be making proper ears, really.

I've contemplated doing a Lindwurm in the past. mmm

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,799

You say "tatzelwurm", I say "kitty-snek". Or "fuzzy-headed danger noodle".

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

Oso3D said:

Definitely interesting! The biggest challenge would be making proper ears, really.

I've contemplated doing a Lindwurm in the past. mmm

Oh, yes, a lindwyrm is very similar.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

bytescapes said: "fuzzy-headed danger noodle".

I believe that's the technical, scientific name.

-- Walt Sterdan 

It needs a lot of work. Not sure I'm happy with the belly scales, I might just do it as lighter fur. And I will be doing dForce Hair fur and whiskers. The texture will definitely go through a lot of improvements (right now the eyes and claws and teeth are borrowed from other stuff).

Another challenge will be putting in some decent morphs to move the ears into at least a few positions.

Try30.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 396K
  • sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    edited November 2021

Oso3D said:

It needs a lot of work. Not sure I'm happy with the belly scales, I might just do it as lighter fur. And I will be doing dForce Hair fur and whiskers. The texture will definitely go through a lot of improvements (right now the eyes and claws and teeth are borrowed from other stuff).

Another challenge will be putting in some decent morphs to move the ears into at least a few positions.

Is it a new creature or a morph of Dragon 3 or something else? And will it have any face or shape morphs?

Post edited by sandmanmax on

Dragon 3, and no morphs beyond what dragon 3 already has (muzzle, etc).

The head and body are separate, also there's a shorter paw-like hand (shown above) vs. standard hand.

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,092
    Oso3D said:

Dragon 3, and no morphs beyond what dragon 3 already has (muzzle, etc).

The head and body are separate, also there's a shorter paw-like hand (shown above) vs. standard hand.

Not OP, but I like the shape of that preview. I can't wait. :3
  • Oh now that is cool

Got fur and whiskers mostly sorted out, now working on trying to get some ear morphs so they can at least switch to a few standard poses.

Unfortunately dragons... don't have ears, so I have to be a bit creative with it.

Bewhiskered.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 178K
  • 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225

Oso3D said:

Got fur and whiskers mostly sorted out, now working on trying to get some ear morphs so they can at least switch to a few standard poses.

Unfortunately dragons... don't have ears, so I have to be a bit creative with it.

Wow!  Ebil kitteh  surprise

• Oh this is REALLY cool.

• RuthvenRuthven Posts: 627
    edited November 2021

My two cents:, @Oso3D : on the body, I've got the feeling it would need a little of a ribcage shape after the shoulders, before turning to the complete snake shape, just to blend better the mammalian look with the reptilian one.

The furry head is getting out great!

Post edited by Ruthven on

In the final rounds of promos and tweaks. The head and body are separate, plus some morphs to adjust the ears.

The figure can be small and cute or big and scary. (Though I've been drawn toward the cute side a bunch...)

Desert Dweller.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 326K
  • That's truly weird. To be honest, I am uncertain if I like it. Admire the work, wish I could do something similar, just not sure if I do like it. The cat head is quite something. The body.. um, yes.

Just a heads up... I've had several 'take 5 steps backwards' ideas for improvements. But it's getting there!

• have you done any more on this? heart