Face Controls not working

Greetings all. I've just updated to Daz 4.15.02, loaded Genesis 8.1 female then loaded the face controls, it doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong? (I don't drag & drop, always dbl click).

I went on youtube and watched the daz video of the face controls tutorial, unchecked the model as he did, dbl clicked the face controls and rechecked the model, still doesn't work. any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Faux2DFaux2D Posts: 452

rwatt00017 said:

Greetings all. I've just updated to Daz 4.15.02, loaded Genesis 8.1 female then loaded the face controls, it doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong? (I don't drag & drop, always dbl click).

I went on youtube and watched the daz video of the face controls tutorial, unchecked the model as he did, dbl clicked the face controls and rechecked the model, still doesn't work. any help is greatly appreciated.

In Daz Studio double-clicking anything on a figure will cause the root node of the figure to get selected. Click on the desired control once, then translate in the appropriate direction.

• rwatt00017 said:

I have the Face Controls and I couldn't get them to work at first.

Select figure.

Go to library and click on the main Face Controls icon or double click.

The face control array appears in red somewhere close to the figure's face.

click on any of the red circles or half moon thingies and pull it around. Facial control should happen accordingly.

After that, play with any of the drop down options such as visemes and pre-set expressions.

It will work, just fiddle with it for a while and something will eventually happen.

What I've found is that when the red circles and half moons appear, if I click on one and drag it a bit, it does work and then I can try different expressions from the drop down list as well as doing custom expressions with the dot and half-moon array.

• My apologies, I should have clarified that I didn't purchase the face controls, I have the face controls that was included in the update which I've noticed isn't the same as the the one you purchase. Should this go to Daz support?
  • Please go through the exact steps, using the Genesis 8.1 Female/Male Base tot ry to eliminate as many variables as possible.

• Listen to Faux2D -- it's his creation.

• dan2050dan2050 Posts: 27
    edited July 2021

I'm having the same problem.

I load the genesis 8.1 figure. Select it. Then apply My DAZ 3D Library/people/genesis 8 female/developer kit/genesis 8.1 female face controls.duf

I get the controls on screen in blue. If I click they highlight. If I drag nothing happens. If I change tools to the XYZ or Rotate tools they apply through to the whole head and move it around.

Daz Studio 4.15.0.2 Pro Edition.

Post edited by dan2050 on
  • Faux2DFaux2D Posts: 452

dan2050 said:

I'm having the same problem.

I load the genesis 8.1 figure. Select it. Then apply My DAZ 3D Library/people/genesis 8 female/developer kit/genesis 8.1 female face controls.duf

I get the controls on screen in blue. If I click they highlight. If I drag nothing happens. If I change tools to the XYZ or Rotate tools they apply through to the whole head and move it around.

Daz Studio 4.15.0.2 Pro Edition.

Don't drag, use the Unversal Tool or Translate Tool and translate the controls. 

• Also having the same problem with Belynda figure.  Works fne with the native Gen8 F.

• Is there a fix for this yet? I did what Faux2D said. I only clicked once, I'm using the universal tool. But it is the red face control markings that are moving, not the model's face.