DAZ Studio Pro BETA [Release Candidate] - version 4.7.0.11! [UPDATED]

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

@charliemcd2010, you can report a bug at https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/requests/new .

A pose preset is self-contained - it doesn't refer to additional files. But a mterials preset does (textures and uv sets), as does a scene or anything that loads an item and if the referred-to items are in the unmapped directory with the file you are loading DS won't find them.

Ok, so basically even though both the public and the beta can each SOMETIMES see the mapped directories defined by the other, other times they can't, so I simply have to map each directory in both the public and the beta at the same time. Easy enough.
  • rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,171
    edited December 1969

For those of you that want to map the same content directories from the General Release to the Public Beta...

The sample Save Mapped Paths script can be run in the General Release and the script it produces can then be run in the Public Beta. This will cause the Public Beta to have the exact same mappings as the General Release.

-Rob

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

Scavenger said:
    I've been told the disappearing mouse is a Quicktime issue. As a Mac user, it'd affect me (and does) for sure.
    I don't know if they're using any Quicktime in the Windows side.

...not while working in Daz (Windows). The only time I have seen a Quicktime reference is on a video link while online.
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,194
    edited December 1969

@charliemcd2010, you can report a bug at https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/requests/new .

A pose preset is self-contained - it doesn't refer to additional files. But a mterials preset does (textures and uv sets), as does a scene or anything that loads an item and if the referred-to items are in the unmapped directory with the file you are loading DS won't find them.

Ok, so basically even though both the public and the beta can each SOMETIMES see the mapped directories defined by the other, other times they can't, so I simply have to map each directory in both the public and the beta at the same time. Easy enough.

The CMS has the absolute location of the files it indexes, so if you double-click on a file in a list driven by the CMS it will be found and loaded (like using File>Open or File>Merge to get a file from outside a content directory). But that doesn't add any part of the path to that file as a content directory, so when DS tries going through your content directories looking for a file it will try ContentDirectory1/Relative-to-asset, ContentDirectory2/Relative-to-asset etc. but it won't know to try looking in the folder that the file you are reading is in, and so won't find any assets there. It would find assets that were in the content directories you did have listed in that version of DS, even if the user file wasn't in a content directory.

• LuthbelLuthbel Posts: 109
    edited December 1969

Great job guys!
    I´m working on a quite big set, and everything works really well and smooth. I still haven´t found any bug to report

• gabugabu Posts: 303
    edited December 1969

I can't get pweffects to apply with this release.

Will this mean that some shaders will have to be upgraded? Or is it a bug?

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

@luxgabu, not sure if this is what you are seeing, but remember that plugins (pwGhost jumps to mind) get installed into the application's folder. The beta has it's own folder separate from the public version, thus you have to install the plugin again into the beta.

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

@DAZ : I just noticed the Motion Blur Parameters disappeared from the Render Settings. Hope that comes back soon

• TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited December 1969

@DAZ : I just noticed the Motion Blur Parameters disappeared from the Render Settings. Hope that comes back soon

They're under the Advanced tab iirc. :)

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

They're under the Advanced tab iirc. :)

Had to look again. Yep they're here. Thought they would be in Editor

Thanks

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,343
    edited December 1969

Hellboy said:
    IPR is trully impresive!

It lets me see the result of the changes I`m doing in my lighting and shaders almost in real time (similar to luxrender if you're familiar with it). It's so good I never dreamed about it. One of my favorite features ever.

Sorry if I sound overexcited, but so far it`s saving me so much time. Love it!!

It is mandatory to be overexcited with IPR. "Sound" is not enough. :p

In shaders tiler, offset, furry, multi-layers, toons(almost) are quickly rendered.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Scavenger said:
    I've been told the disappearing mouse is a Quicktime issue. As a Mac user, it'd affect me (and does) for sure.

Not Quicktime, QT, which DS uses on both Windows and Mac, but QT on Windows doesn't have that bug.

edited December 1969

Can anyone direct me to where I can submit a bug report? I can't see all the parameters for Luxus on the UI in the render tab, it doesn't scroll down.

Help > Contact Us

edited December 1969

Remember that the CMS database is shared, so what's in Smart Content, Categories, and Products will show up in both. For that reason, be careful with database maintenance functions like "Remove Unmapped Paths and Orphans", because its the same database used in both general release and beta.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

Scavenger said:

Not Quicktime, QT, which DS uses on both Windows and Mac, but QT on Windows doesn't have that bug.
    ...well it sure has something affecting it on my Win7 system.

• Ashtray82Ashtray82 Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

Can you please add more options to the keybinds, I can't believe I'm still having to go through the tool settings everytime I want to switch between world and local co-ordinates & grid snapping.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

Hellboy said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...hopefully they fixed the "disappearing cursor" Still having that happen in 4.6.3.53

Actually, no. They didn`t. -.-
    Actually, yes, we did, in most cases. The fix should be in the build you currently have.

"Fixed an issue with cursor visibility while using IPR" from 4.6.4.113 got most of the cases. If you have specific cases that didn't get caught in that fix, please file a support ticket, so we can get to those cases.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited November 2014

GoZ is broken. First it couldn't find ZBrush til I opened it and then when I went to send it back to Daz 4.7, it started to open 4.6 but never finished doing so.

I removed the Public Build GoZ and tried to reinstall both GoZ and the old version of GoZ for Daz .

Now it will send the model TO ZBrush but the model can't be sent back to Daz 4.6.

Please help me getting the old version working again.

P.S. I like the new render options but I need the GoZ interface for my workflow badly, please.

Please help.

Have I mentioned I would really like help on this? :(

Post edited by RKane_1 on
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    GoZ is broken. First it couldn't find ZBrush til I opened it and then when I went to send it back to Daz 4.7, it started to open 4.6 but never finished doing so.

I removed the Public Build GoZ and tried to reinstall both GoZ and the old version of GoZ for Daz .

Now it will send the model TO ZBrush but the model can't be sent back to Daz 4.6.

Please help me getting the old version working again.

P.S. I like the new render options but I need the GoZ interface for my workflow badly, please.

Please help.

Have I mentioned I would really like help on this? :(

What version of DAZ Studio 4.6 are you using?
    What do you mean the "reinstall both GoZ and the old version of GoZ for Daz?"

Due to the nature of GoZ (on ZBrush's end) only one version of GoZ is installed and active at a time.

Install Manager will automatically uninstall other versions of GoZ to make sure the one you are installing is the one that works (The last one installed wins).

For example if you install DS 4.6.3.52 and GoZ 1.3.3.52 (I believe that is the correct version number for the current release version of GoZ) then install DS (Public Beta) 4.7.0.9 and GoZ 1.4.0.9 What will happen is GoZ 1.3.3.52 will be uninstalled and 1.4.0.9 will be the one that is installed and the one that connects to ZBrush (and it will connect it to 4.7.0.9 since both are Public Beta). If you want to connect to the release version then please install the release version of GoZ and not the Beta.

You can still use the Beta, just not the GoZ functionality of the Beta without disabling the release version of GoZ.

So to use the release version of GoZ with the release version of DAZ Studio, install (only) the release version of GoZ and that should straighten things out.

For those reading along the same is true of the Photoshop bridge.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited November 2014

Okay, had to reinstall everything after reboot and clear cache in ZBrush for GoZ but now working. WHEW! Thanks, guys. :)

And good to know, DAZ_Spooky. I appreciate your help. :)

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,495
    edited December 1969

It is mandatory to be overexcited with IPR. “Sound” is not enough.

I agree, that feature is almost life-changing. :) I'm getting results with lights that I've never even tried to get before now that I can quickly preview and adjust them. It's like I'm rediscovering Studio even though I've been using it since the very first beta.

The addition of IPR and true background transparency easily make this is the best Studio update since we went from version 3 to 4. I'll forgive you guys for once again failing to update Powerpose. ;)

SnowS

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

It is mandatory to be overexcited with IPR. “Sound” is not enough.

I agree, that feature is almost life-changing. :) I'm getting results with lights that I've never even tried to get before now that I can quickly preview and adjust them. It's like I'm rediscovering Studio even though I've been using it since the very first beta.

The addition of IPR and true background transparency easily make this is the best Studio update since we went from version 3 to 4. I'll forgive you guys for once again failing to update Powerpose. ;)

SnowS

I agree word by word and have the same feeling. Rediscovering Studio with 3Delight after long time using Studio/Reality/Lux as main tools.

I also loved the new navigation shortcuts and the small refinements in the UI. This release is really great.

Great work!

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

This is an is there a way question and I don't remember (and pretty much doubt) if I ever submitted a request on this....

When Studio first got tiling, it applied only to the diffuse. Now it applies also to the opacity channel. That's good.

But sometimes I need it NOT to apply to opacity. I have some circular b/w masks with rough edges that I like to apply to discs to get rid of 'straight' edges. If I'm using a lower res texture I usually need to tile it to make it look better then when I put the mask in the opacity channel it tiles too.

Is there a way to overcome this?

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

See my question in the form of a jpeg.

Screen_Shot_2014-11-12_at_8.52_.11_AM_.jpg
    659 x 345 - 77K
  • BTLProdBTLProd Posts: 114
    edited November 2014

Spit said:
    This is an is there a way question and I don't remember (and pretty much doubt) if I ever submitted a request on this....

When Studio first got tiling, it applied only to the diffuse. Now it applies also to the opacity channel. That's good.

But sometimes I need it NOT to apply to opacity. I have some circular b/w masks with rough edges that I like to apply to discs to get rid of 'straight' edges. If I'm using a lower res texture I usually need to tile it to make it look better then when I put the mask in the opacity channel it tiles too.

In DS, all available shaders, that allow tiling, are tiled the same, in all channels.As far as I know, there is currently not a shader available that allows different tiling on different channels, though it could be built.

Note that wouldn't be the software but a shader.

It isn't a difficult thing to do in shader mixer.

Post edited by BTLProd on
    edited December 1969

You can do it in script, however there is no reason that has to be unused space. It is a a great place to put the panes that need to be large to be used. For example.
    CenterTabs.png
    944 x 984 - 48K
    edited December 1969

Spit said:

In DS, all available shaders, that allow tiling, are tiled the same, in all channels.As far as I know, there is currently not a shader available that allows different tiling on different channels, though it could be built.

Note that wouldn't be the software but a shader.

It isn't a difficult thing to do in shader mixer.

http://www.daz3d.com/tiler-shader-for-daz-studio

edited December 1969

You can do it in script, however there is no reason that has to be unused space. It is a a great place to put the panes that need to be large to be used. For example.

I use all the vertical real estate I can for scenery, dual monitors gives me more horizontal space than I will ever use for panes and my scene monitor is on a guitar stand so I can use it vertically, for my workflow it's space I loose at this time.

So without knowing how to use scripts is there an easy way to do this?

thank you.

edited December 1969

If you rearrange your panes so that the viewport is in one of the side columns (stretched out to a suitable width) the tab can be on the side, as with other panes. Use the centre well for things where height isn't an issue.

edited November 2014

If you rearrange your panes so that the viewport is in one of the side columns (stretched out to a suitable width) the tab can be on the side, as with other panes. Use the centre well for things where height isn't an issue.

but no way to do this in the middle column?
    I'm on my Mac at work at it's a single landscape LCD so I'll have to try this weekend when I'm home and have some time.
    thanks Richard.

[edit]
    Can I go Full Screen on one LCD and have pallets in the other LCD?
    that would work and shut me up in the process.

Post edited by StratDragon on