Please FIX Angel Secrets Bites Vol1 Lingerie for Genesis 8.1 Females (wrong directory)

Hi all,

If you spent quite sometime searching for your product and couldn't find it it's because is on the wrong directory.

It shows up in DAZ Library/People/Clothing

it should be DAZ Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing.

I know I can "fix" it myself and move it where i want, but I'll lose the smart content ability to find it (I'm too dumdum to know how to change that).

Seriously... DAZ must invest resources in QC/QA!!! It is sooooo often that products come with some crap or missing crap or misplaced crap... bottomline, a lot of crap.

Cheers.

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987

You have to submit an error message to DAZ store: https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186

Good luck with that, it could take months or years to get it fixed. 

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

shadowhawk1 said:

or you get a message like "While we do allow our PA's a number of liberties in regards to the path locations for their products, if you believe that these file locations are not correct, I would be more than happy to attempt reach out to the artist who created these items in order to see if this is what they intended and/or if they would be willing to merge these two folders" which I received when giving notice of textures being not place in a properly named directory.

It's easier to do them moves yourself...

• CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,138
    Sometimes it makes you want to know who packed the products. Anyway, I do often move things myself (not recommended though, do it at your own risk.)
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,420

I'm doing all the installations manually for this very reason, whatever is in Data and Runtime folders, I extract as they are but quite often the the locations of User Facing files needs fixing.

Amongst the most frustrating products are some architectural products, where the full scene has been placed in Scenes, some scene subset can be found in Environment/Architecture, individual props in Props, cameras in Cameras, Lights in Light Presets, poses in People/Genesis x/Poses and to top it all textures in Materials... Makes one remember the excrusiating headaches suffered with the competing program...

• N00b4EverN00b4Ever Posts: 286

Yeah in all honesty, I do move some products to specific folders, especially the clothes, I have so many I had to broke down by contemporary/fantasy/sci-fi, etc. I'm well aware that contradicts my statement in the first place. I just find it annoying the lack of consistency in the folder structure. Some PAs are not consistent with their own structure, like this case. I recently bought a product that if I understood correctly can help creating the metadata. If so then that's better as I can organise my library the way I want and can bring to the smart content tab items purchased outside DAZ.

I've never dare to move anything in the runtime folder though. I wouldn't know how to link all the presets to find the textures in the new structured folder system.

I've had my experience dealing with faulty products and costumer service and yes it can take months to resolve the issue.

Cheers.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

That is so bizarre, to receive that. The last time I sent in a ticket cos something was in the wrong folder it got corrected. They don't need the PA to change it from Genesis -> People -> Clothing to the correct folder - QA should do it. In fact, from what I recall, QA should fix those incorrect folders when they are testing a product. They do the metadata, so putting something in the correct folder is a no-brainer. 

maikdecker said:

shadowhawk1 said:

or you get a message like "While we do allow our PA's a number of liberties in regards to the path locations for their products, if you believe that these file locations are not correct, I would be more than happy to attempt reach out to the artist who created these items in order to see if this is what they intended and/or if they would be willing to merge these two folders" which I received when giving notice of textures being not place in a properly named directory.

It's easier to do them moves yourself...