petipet's Sci-fi UFO in Iray

jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 472
edited October 2021 in The Commons

I purchased petipet's Sci-fi UFO yesterday and installed it (DIM) today.  When loaded into the viewport (DS 4.15), the top, sides and underside of the UFO display in the viewport in Texture Shaded preview mode regardless of the material (Iray or 3Delight) applied.   However, when in NVIDIA Iray preview mode, only the top and sides of the UFO display in the viewport; if I angle the UFO so that the underside should be displayed, the UFO vanishes.  I have attached a series of screen captures in three file formats.  I pretty much have the default setting applied in the Render pane, Draw pane, etc. don't have any unusual settings applied.  Can anyone point me to what is causing the problem?

Post edited by jjoyner on

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,238

Is Draw Ground on (Render Settings)? If the camera is below ground level, anything above the ground disappears.

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 472
    edited October 2021

NorthOf45 said:

Is Draw Ground on (Render Settings)? If the camera is below ground level, anything above the ground disappears.

That did it.  I knew it would be somethong simple to fix but would be difficult to find/know about.

Thanks much.

Post edited by jjoyner on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,238

yes