Converting Kids 4 clothing

Hello,

I know that ther are converters for V4 and M4 clothing to G8 figures, but are there converters for Kids 4 clothing so that they can fit Genesis 8 "kids"?

Thanks in advance for any repiles.

nabob21

Comments

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 917

Thanks PerttiA. I would prefer to get them to fit G8 though.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,457

Those are the only solution that I have seen that converts K4 clothing to anything, and once you have converted them to G3, there are plenty of solutions and options to get them from there to G8

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 917

Ah. So once I convert then to G3 using these clones can I save them as a G3 clothing item? Will they then autofit to G8? Or can I use a G3 to G8 converter to make them fit G8?

nabob21 said:

Ah. So once I convert then to G3 using these clones can I save them as a G3 clothing item? Will they then autofit to G8? Or can I use a G3 to G8 converter to make them fit G8?

Yes 

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,306

If you have a K4 clone, or a K4 shape on Genesis 3 you can use XTransfer (https://www.daz3d.com/xtransfer--genesis-3-to-genesis-8-converter) to transfer that shape to Genesis 8, and with that create a K4 clone for Genesis 8. That is the only way I know of to be able to auto fit clothing directly from K4 to Genesis 8. Naturally that has all the usual auto fit problems, ie doesn't work well with shoes with heels and is hit and miss with loose fitting clothes like dresses and tunics. However you get those issues with any auto fit clone for any generation, and having a K4 clone for G8 at least you only suffer that distortion once, otherwise you get it twice when autofitting from K4 to G3 and then again for G3 to G8.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,364

I THINK you can also fit the clothes going up through the generations without having to buy anything really, because Genesis has a K4 clone by default, if I remember correctly. So you'd autofit to Genesis, save, and then work your way up. The problem of course is here as always, as pointed out already, that some items just don't take well to autofit, especially over-knee-length dresses. They can get distorted terribly. There is a converter that shows pics of undistorted long dresses (think it's the last one on the list above), but when I bought it I couldn't recreate that result, and neither could the DAZ folks which is why I returned it. There IS a rather long and complicated way to convert these K4 old dresses, too, but if you're not after some of these specifically, I'd avoid the tedium really.

Need to check up on the Genesis K4 clone again, though, I'm really not so sure anymore it was there by default. Maybe I'd bought something beforehand? huh ...

tsroemi said:

I THINK you can also fit the clothes going up through the generations without having to buy anything really, because Genesis has a K4 clone by default, if I remember correctly. So you'd autofit to Genesis, save, and then work your way up. The problem of course is here as always, as pointed out already, that some items just don't take well to autofit, especially over-knee-length dresses. They can get distorted terribly. There is a converter that shows pics of undistorted long dresses (think it's the last one on the list above), but when I bought it I couldn't recreate that result, and neither could the DAZ folks which is why I returned it. There IS a rather long and complicated way to convert these K4 old dresses, too, but if you're not after some of these specifically, I'd avoid the tedium really.

Need to check up on the Genesis K4 clone again, though, I'm really not so sure anymore it was there by default. Maybe I'd bought something beforehand? huh ...

You are correct. Genesis 1 came with clones for M4, V4 and K4, as well as the UVs for those 3 as well.

Havos said:

tsroemi said:

You are correct. Genesis 1 came with clones for M4, V4 and K4, as well as the UVs for those 3 as well.

Ah, good to be sure, and I didn't even know about the UVs. Neat! So, no extra clones needed really for basically autofitting K4 clothing up through the generations to G8. 

tsroemi said:

Havos said:

tsroemi said:

Ah, good to be sure, and I didn't even know about the UVs. Neat! So, no extra clones needed really for basically autofitting K4 clothing up through the generations to G8. 

Correct, but autofitting 4 times ie G1->G2->G3->G8 is likely to add more distortion than a direct K4 to G8 autofit.

edited October 2021

Havos said:

tsroemi said:

Havos said:

tsroemi said:

Correct, but autofitting 4 times ie G1->G2->G3->G8 is likely to add more distortion than a direct K4 to G8 autofit.

I don't think that's necessarily so - at least in my experience, the main triangular crotch-and-below area distortion on long dresses between the legs mostly seems to happen in the very first autofit and then simply stay that way. But I haven't experimented with such a wide variety of dresses, so my experience is of course very limited. Another thought is, one could at least cut out the last autofit from G3 to G8 by simply changing scene identification. That usually works well for me, on non-dforce clothes at least, which the older generations of course mostly are.

Post edited by tsroemi on

G8 has a G1 clone, so without any additional products, one could do K4->G1->G8 with autofitting.

PerttiA said:

G8 has a G1 clone, so without any additional products, one could do K4->G1->G8 with autofitting.

Oh yes, I'd totally forgotten that!