$60 Coupon - Milestone reached!!!

tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
edited October 2021 in The Commons
I have been a Daz customer since V2 came out. Been through many a sale. Today marks the FIRST time I have ever had the EXACT amount of a coupon!

Usually, I am a few dollars under or a few over.

I'm grateful Daz offered a giant selection. I always leave a ton of money on the table with those $10 hair, $15 poses, etc sales. For me those are a waste of time to have to sift through all the categories and still not get my full coupon.

I even got a couple items I actually WANTED rather than something I wouldn't mind owning.

Thanks Daz!!
Post edited by tsarist on

Comments

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,414

I'm getting store shock having to wade through the catalog over and over. It would be real nice to break the store down by category, hair, as an example. Or Iray , etc. I've been just looking so far and the list for this $60 coupon is extensive and not just limited to older than dirt products which happens often. 

Now on to shop

• ecks201ecks201 Posts: 439

First time I've ever had a coupon like this, and I came in at $59.79, not bad for a beginner laugh

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,674

I buy Daz Originals that I like as soon as they hit 60-73% off. So, I've been through the first three pages without a hit. Only 54 to go.

I eneded up at 37 cents over .. I can take that one laugh only 5 items though, but they are things I've looked at before a few times. 

• watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026

What coupon are you talking about, please?

watchdog79 said:

for buying  Rosa Maria 8.1 Mega Bundle 

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

daveso said:

I'm getting store shock having to wade through the catalog over and over. It would be real nice to break the store down by category, hair, as an example. Or Iray , etc. I've been just looking so far and the list for this $60 coupon is extensive and not just limited to older than dirt products which happens often. 

Now on to shop

The store desperately needs a tagging/sorting system, especially so they can stop jamming "dForce" in front of half the outfits and throwing off my content library. But every time they try and improve the store, something goes wrong and they have to roll it back, so...

• watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026

daveso said:

watchdog79 said:

for buying  Rosa Maria 8.1 Mega Bundle 

Ah, I see. I only bought her, not the bundle. 

Thank you.

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    margrave said:

daveso said:

Now on to shop

The store desperately needs a tagging/sorting system, especially so they can stop jamming "dForce" in front of half the outfits and throwing off my content library. But every time they try and improve the store, something goes wrong and they have to roll it back, so...

The thing that gets me about dForce is they apply it to items that are skin tight too. I'm still running Daz 4.9, so no dForce for me.
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,003

Black magic or witchcraft... there is no way this was accomplished without at least a sacrificing a chicken or a goat... minimum a baloney sandwich... but no way it was accomplished without dark forces being invoked.

• tsarist said:

margrave said:

daveso said:

Now on to shop

The thing that gets me about dForce is they apply it to items that are skin tight too. I'm still running Daz 4.9, so no dForce for me.

Good thing is, just because its dforce doesn't mean you have to run the dforce simulation. Most if not all dforce items in Daz are fully rigged and able to use without dforce. I think it's a Daz requirement, but don't quote me on that.  

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    McGyver said:

Black magic or witchcraft... there is no way this was accomplished without at least a sacrificing a chicken or a goat... minimum a baloney sandwich... but no way it was accomplished without dark forces being invoked.

That cauldron in my backyard belongs to a friend. It's not mine, I swear.

DisparateDreamer said:

Good thing is, just because its dforce doesn't mean you have to run the dforce simulation. Most if not all dforce items in Daz are fully rigged and able to use without dforce. I think it's a Daz requirement, but don't quote me on that.  

I'm pretty sure the purpose of dForce is reduce the number of corrective morphs PAs have to make, so they can be more productive. While they may be rigged, you'll still probably need to run a dForce simulation to make the deformations look realistic.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,786

margrave said:

DisparateDreamer said:

I'm pretty sure the purpose of dForce is reduce the number of corrective morphs PAs have to make, so they can be more productive. While they may be rigged, you'll still probably need to run a dForce simulation to make the deformations look realistic.

the smoothing modifier can cope surprisingly well though, I often turn the dynamic parameter slider down on close fitting surfaces and just leave cuff frills etc to be Dforced, less explosions

many "Dforce things" things I don't use Dforce at all either, it is just useful to have the choice 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,118

WendyLuvsCatz said:

margrave said:

DisparateDreamer said:

the smoothing modifier can cope surprisingly well though, I often turn the dynamic parameter slider down on close fitting surfaces and just leave cuff frills etc to be Dforced, less explosions

many "Dforce things" things I don't use Dforce at all either, it is just useful to have the choice 

I'm the opposite. I add dForce to lots of stuff that doesn't have it.

barbult said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

margrave said:

DisparateDreamer said:

I'm the opposite. I add dForce to lots of stuff that doesn't have it.

I like dforce a lot, other than the explosions.  

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,402

DisparateDreamer said:

Yeah... But, then again... Often they have left out all the morphs.

• As far as I know, dForce clothing sold at Daz should be set up to conform, with JCMs etc., unless it is clearly not suitable (e.g. things like cloaks).

edited October 2021

WendyLuvsCatz said:

the smoothing modifier can cope surprisingly well though

Yeah, but imagine you're the poor PA who has to make a totally rigid breastplate with dangly fabric bits that deform nicely against it. I don't think the smoothing modifier will help you there.

Post edited by margrave on
  • So true. I came in with around 31 cents left. Thanks Daz. :)

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,305

Nothing I want is on any sort of special sale at the moment. So, I'm saving mine for a few days in case something gets reduced.

• gsil247gsil247 Posts: 221

Charlie Judge said:

Nothing I want is on any sort of special sale at the moment. So, I'm saving mine for a few days in case something gets reduced.

I'm doing the same thing. Things are only about 46% off, so I can wait a few days.  

Charlie Judge said:

I'm doing the same thing. Things are only about 46% off, so I can wait a few days.  

• gsil247 said:

Charlie Judge said:

Yeah I made that mistake a couple months ago with one of these coupons for buying a bundle. I woke up and immediately used the coupon and later that day there was a DO flash sale and all I could do was laugh. So now I just hang tight and see how the week goes and if there's no major sales or the like, I'll use it on Sunday before it expires. 

benniewoodell said:

gsil247 said:

Charlie Judge said:

Yeah I made that mistake a couple months ago with one of these coupons for buying a bundle. I woke up and immediately used the coupon and later that day there was a DO flash sale and all I could do was laugh. So now I just hang tight and see how the week goes and if there's no major sales or the like, I'll use it on Sunday before it expires. 

as long as what is in the list now gets reduced in price or the list changes. its a toss up with DAZ what they will do, but it would be cool if it were possible to get more bang for the free bucks.  I have 5 items in the cart now which use the netire $60, then ?I though why not just grab a bunch of PC+ items. Would result in a lot more stuff ...  

benniewoodell said:

gsil247 said:

Charlie Judge said:

I used it today. There was a lot of Daz originals that went for over 70% off. The problem then became to only use $60 worth. I got 4 things from my wishlist, which itself was worth it, then a few other things I just liked. Good thing I waited.

• N00b4EverN00b4Ever Posts: 286

Given that DAZ is putting most sales back during weekends I'll spent that coupon then. And given this is the last weekend, I hope they put a lot more (fingers crossed).