DAZ Studio Pro BETA [Release Candidate] - version 4.7.0.11! [UPDATED]

Comments

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    So...any help for the complete inability to render to a window, instead of to a file? It doesn't matter what I change the setting to, it always renders to a file.

-- Morgan

• BTLProdBTLProd Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    So...any help for the complete inability to render to a window, instead of to a file? It doesn't matter what I change the setting to, it always renders to a file.

-- Morgan

Fixed in next build.
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    Fixed in next build.Yays! Thank you! I'm trying to use the aux viewport in the meantime...

-- Morgan

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,239
    edited November 2014

My own issue is the advanced lightis which don't seem to work on my main the beta: The top is some advanced lights in the general build... the same in the beta is second, and uber lights in the beta in the third...

No3.jpg
    1727 x 1264 - 436K
    No2.jpg
    1727 x 1264 - 153K
    no1.jpg
    1588 x 1044 - 606K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on
  • Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

nemesis10 said:
    My own issue is the advanced lightis which don't seem to work on my main the beta: The top is some advanced lights in the general build... the same in the beta is second, and uber lights in the beta in the third...

See http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/709449/

@DAZ _Spooky : Is it planned to update the scripting API documentations?

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,239
    edited December 1969

That worked beautifully!

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,343
    edited December 1969

rbtwhiz said:
    gilikshe said:
    symbol "{" can't be typed in RSL editor

The '{' key is bound to one of the new Keyboard Scene Navigation actions; namely "Decrease Rotation Speed." You can toggle the "Keyboard Navigation" action to disable (but keep assigned) the binding of keys used by this feature. The "Keyboard Navigation" action is in the toolbar above the viewport in the updated version of the City Limits layout, and also the new City Limits Lite layout. It's the icon that looks like a keyboard with emphasis on the W A S D keys. You can also access the action in the Edit > View menu (if updated), as well as the Tool Settings pane option menu when the Scene Navigator tool is active.

-Rob

Thanks!

edited December 1969

IPR totally stop to works for me. I suposse I need uninstall and reinstall for repair it.

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

gilikshe said:
    IPR totally stop to works for me. I suposse I need uninstall and reinstall for repair it.

Did you try showing the IPR Toolbar in the Panel options so that you can start/stop the IPR render?

IPR_options.png
    491 x 354 - 27K
    edited December 1969

gilikshe said:

Did you try showing the IPR Toolbar in the Panel options so that you can start/stop the IPR render?

Yes I try this. But is stuck in stop buttom. Reinstall doesn't work.

In other hand, I save a render with transparency, but it is saved to black.

badrender.png
    1037 x 810 - 159K
  • DrPingyDrPingy Posts: 78
    edited November 2014

It is possible to change the fond size of the menus, panes and dialoges?
    I use a 4k monitor and for example in darkside style it is impossible to read text without magnifying glas.
    Normaly you should use the system setting for fond sizing.

Post edited by DrPingy on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Any more tweaks or improvements on the Content Creation tools?

• jpb06tjpb06t Posts: 272
    edited December 1969

DrPingy said:
    I use a 4k monitor and for example in darkside style it is impossible to read text without magnifying glas.
    Normaly you should use the system setting for fond sizing.

Oh yes, please, please!

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,495
    edited December 1969

DrPingy, this is slightly off-topic, but could I ask what monitor you use?

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

gilikshe, it is probably the viewer program you are using. The new transparency was the first thing I tested and it works great. PaintShop Pro X6 automatically recognized the alpha channel but XnView needed to told to use the alpha channel.

edited December 1969

DrPingy, this is slightly off-topic, but could I ask what monitor you use?

I use an ASUS PB287Q.

It is very good. Sharp and powerfull colors.
    In Windows System I set the size of text of 120%.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,495
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much, that is actually much less expensive than I was expecting it to be. Will have to keep that in mind for the future. Sorry to briefly hijack the thread. :)

edited December 1969

Greetings,
    Just something to think about for OS X 10.10 users... Some folks have reported (I haven't seen for sure myself) that OS X Yosemite will sleep your renders if you don't disable App Nap. I can't confirm it's true for DAZ Studio, but I've had other software I write fall victim to App Nap.

Open up

/Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit Public Build
    and right-click (or Ctrl-click) on the blue-ish DAZStudio 4.7 app icon, choose 'Get Info'. (You can also do this by selecting the icon, and hitting Cmd-I.) There's a checkbox 'Prevent App Nap'. Check that checkbox, and close the dialog.

I'd recommend restarting DAZ Studio if it's currently running, but I don't know if it's necessary.

-- Morgan

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,171
    edited November 2014

Is it planned to update the scripting API documentations?

Yes... but there are only so many hours in a day, and right now I'm busy with the release.

gilikshe said:

The render engine selected must support IPR in order for the feature to be used. Notice that the "Start IPR Render", "Stop IPR Render" and "Save IPR Render..." actions in the IPR toolbar (and in the Aux Viewport pane option menu) are enabled when the render engine is set to "3Delight", but the same actions are disabled when the render engine is set to "Scripted 3Delight" or "LuxRender via Luxus" or .

One thing that isn't in this build, but is in the next one, is an IPR render progress bar; non-blocking. If the IPR toolbar is shown, the progress bar appears within the toolbar while IPR is busy. If the IPR toolbar is not shown, a thinner version of the progress bar appears just below the viewport. This is used to provide more obvious feedback that the renderer is busy; particularly in cases where there is some pre-processing to be done, and when the scene or the shaders used are complex and take more time to calculate.

Can you provide a little more detail on what you are using?

No, it is not currently possible for a user to change the font size used in the style. We've discussed it internally, several times, at length. The simple fact is... it's a ton of work that we haven't been able to get to yet; there is a fairly significant ripple effect.

Any more tweaks or improvements on the Content Creation tools?

Have you looked through the change log? Bug fixes and a few improvements/additions.

-Rob

Post edited by rbtwhiz on
    edited December 1969

rbtwhiz said:

No, it is not currently possible for a user to change the font size used in the style. We've discussed it internally, several times, at length. The simple fact is... it's a ton of work that we haven't been able to get to yet; there is a fairly significant ripple effect.

A good compromise would be to provide the layouts in 2 versions and one with larger Fonds (120..150 %).

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Thanks Rob. Wish there was a way to reverse the order of the change log from current to older rather than it's current.

I saw no improvements or fixes for Content Tools in any of the change logs for the 3.7.XX build. Oh well. Hopefully at some point. Just having a dickens of a time with weight mapping. Probably just me and finding that perfect balance but seems it shouldn't be this hard. :-/

edited December 1969

jestmart said:
    gilikshe, it is probably the viewer program you are using. The new transparency was the first thing I tested and it works great. PaintShop Pro X6 automatically recognized the alpha channel but XnView needed to told to use the alpha channel.

I used Photoshop.
    I find what is the problem, it is saving from render album, which display background in black and save with this. When is saved from last render option transparency works well.

edited December 1969

rbtwhiz said:

gilikshe said:

The render engine selected must support IPR in order for the feature to be used. Notice that the "Start IPR Render", "Stop IPR Render" and "Save IPR Render..." actions in the IPR toolbar (and in the Aux Viewport pane option menu) are enabled when the render engine is set to "3Delight", but the same actions are disabled when the render engine is set to "Scripted 3Delight" or "LuxRender via Luxus" or .

One thing that isn't in this build, but is in the next one, is an IPR render progress bar; non-blocking. If the IPR toolbar is shown, the progress bar appears within the toolbar while IPR is busy. If the IPR toolbar is not shown, a thinner version of the progress bar appears just below the viewport. This is used to provide more obvious feedback that the renderer is busy; particularly in cases where there is some pre-processing to be done, and when the scene or the shaders used are complex and take more time to calculate.

Can you provide a little more detail on what you are using?
    -Rob

Sorry, I drop sense of logic in any place that I don't remmember :red: . I was using Scripted 3Delight, and no neuron in my brain connected to warn.

IPR render progress bar, very cool, I will wait for this.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Does anybody know the exact rules on how the public and beta versions share the content folders you add in the Content Library > Content Directory Manager?

When I first installed the beta, when trying to load content I got errors about things missing and my figure loaded as a bunch of boxes. I then brought the content set from the public version over to the beta, at which point things started working. At this point however if I add a new content folder in the public version, it works in the beta too without needing to be brought over. (Note for those who don't know, although these folders are used by both versions, they are only visible in whichever folder you added it.)

So my question is, if adding a folder in either version allows it to be seen by both versions sometimes, why doesn't it do that all the time? Or did initially importing the content set not actually do it, and it's something weird like it just takes a while on initial installation before you can use it, or something else I didn't realize was also happening at the same time?

edited December 1969

it works in shader builder (skin & top), it works with two layer shader (pants)

double.png
    979 x 799 - 1M
  • BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,200
    edited December 1969

10) Camera Local Dimension Override - The ability to override the global render dimensions/aspect ratio with camera specific settings has been added.

Just two words: THANK YOU!

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

Well found there is gonna be the need for major plug in updates, as have found that so far the Generation X2 plug in does not show up in the installed plug in section and have reinstalled it to the default location that DIM has..

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

@ghosty12, I haven't checked my Genx plugins yet, however any non-content plugins that are installed into the public program folder will need to be installed a second time into the beta program folder, since although the public and the beta share the same database, they have two separate folders for program files.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Does anybody know the exact rules on how the public and beta versions share the content folders you add in the Content Library > Content Directory Manager?

When I first installed the beta, when trying to load content I got errors about things missing and my figure loaded as a bunch of boxes. I then brought the content set from the public version over to the beta, at which point things started working. At this point however if I add a new content folder in the public version, it works in the beta too without needing to be brought over. (Note for those who don't know, although these folders are used by both versions, they are only visible in whichever folder you added it.)

So my question is, if adding a folder in either version allows it to be seen by both versions sometimes, why doesn't it do that all the time? Or did initially importing the content set not actually do it, and it's something weird like it just takes a while on initial installation before you can use it, or something else I didn't realize was also happening at the same time?

They don't share the list of content folders, but they do share the CMS database, so even if a content folder is only added to one, if you install with DIM they'll both have the item listed in the database. Depending on the item, it may work even though the content folder isn't mapped, for example poses don't need to reference anything else. If you go to Content Directory Manager (or look in Content Library under DAZ Studio Formats or Poser Formats), the folder doesn't appear, I assume?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

ghosty12 said:
    Well found there is gonna be the need for major plug in updates, as have found that so far the Generation X2 plug in does not show up in the installed plug in section and have reinstalled it to the default location that DIM has..

Most plugins (unless there are separate versions for the release and the Public Build) will install to both, but ONLY if you had installed both when you installed the plugin. So if this is the first time you've installed the Public Build, plugins you installed earlier won't be installed to it.

However, the key word is MOST. If you uninstall and reinstall the plugin, then right-click on the entry in the DIM Installed tab and choose "Show Installed Files", it will say:

DAZ Studio 4.5, 4.x Public Build:

if the plugin was installed to both, but just:
    DAZ Studio 4.5:

if it only installed to the release version -- if that's the case, the zip needs to be updated so the manifest will install to the Public Build as well.