DAZ Studio Pro BETA [Release Candidate] - version 4.7.0.11! [UPDATED]

Comments

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,505
    edited December 1969

but IPR stop to works for me, I can’t activate it again.

Yes, this seems to happen if you click in the IPR window once you've started it up, making it revert to a preview window. DON'T DO THAT for now and I think it will remain stable. ;)

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited November 2014

Greetings,
    I can't change the Render Target from 'Direct to File' to 'New Window'. I'm not exactly sure why; I'm guessing that my previous beta had 'Render to file' as the last default, and the new beta is for some reason unable to change it back to New Window.

[Edit: The dropdown changes, but it still renders to file.]

-- Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,505
    edited December 1969

Also, if you use Age of Armor's Advanced Ambient, Spotlight, or Distant Lights, REINSTALL THEM before trying to use them in this beta. They would only render everything black for me until I uninstalled and reinstalled them.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

It's probably right in front of me but I don't see it to DL from the DIM

Screen_Shot_2014-11-07_at_9.19_.57_AM_.png
    563 x 515 - 87K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,696
    edited December 1969

Also, if you use Age of Armor's Advanced Ambient, Spotlight, or Distant Lights, REINSTALL THEM before trying to use them in this beta. They would only render everything black for me until I uninstalled and reinstalled them.

That should be true only if you haven't had a public beta installed on that machine before - or had manually deleted the install folder. Shaders require certain files in the application folder, so if there wasn't a beta when you installed the shaders they will have placed the files only in the production build.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,696
    edited December 1969

It's probably right in front of me but I don't see it to DL from the DIM

Make sure you have Public Betas on in the Download filters.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited November 2014

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...Interactive Photorealistic Rendering.

It allows you to visualise your scene as you are working . It allows you to adjust lights, shaders, textures quickl;y nd efficiently.

The catch it only works with Maya software rendering and the Mental Ray render engine.

Interactive Progressive Render, but you are essentially correct.

The catch here is if the Geometry changes then it has to start over. Also note you can undock the pane and make it as big as you need. You can also change cameras and views if needed. (Though smaller panes render faster and are more responsive, which is why we chose the size we did.)

While some (and only some) shader changes cause it to start over, most surface pane changes, texture changes, light changes, and camera changes do not cause it to start over and it only renders the change using what has already been calculated.

Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
    edited December 1969

Note if you find a bug, especially one that causes a crash, and you can repeat it, please file a support ticket so we can get it fixed.

Thanks.

edited December 1969

Also note that IPR does have to do the same calculations that the regular render engine does, so there will be a pause if TDL make has to run, there will be another pause if SSS needs to be precalculated, like with Age of Armor's excellent SSS shaders. The latter is especially true if you also have an HD morph.

• GarrettDRGarrettDR Posts: 229
    edited December 1969

I just want to say bravo to the DAZ Team:

BRAVO!!

For me personally:

1. I love, Undockable View port. LOVE IT! LOVE IT!
    2. Aux VIEW PORT with IPR for lights alone is an absolute time-saver!
    3. Separate Environment with true transparency and the Halo fix, Love it! Love It! And I will be excited to see what future additions to environment tab you make!
    4. Extended texture format Slick! Slick!
    5. updated Render engine is always a plus!

Thanks Guys! Can't wait to see the final build.

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,178
    edited November 2014

gilikshe said:
    symbol "{" can't be typed in RSL editor

The '{' key is bound to one of the new Keyboard Scene Navigation actions; namely "Decrease Rotation Speed." You can toggle the "Keyboard Navigation" action to disable (but keep assigned) the binding of keys used by this feature. The "Keyboard Navigation" action is in the toolbar above the viewport in the updated version of the City Limits layout, and also the new City Limits Lite layout. It's the icon that looks like a keyboard with emphasis on the W A S D keys. You can also access the action in the Edit > View menu (if updated), as well as the Tool Settings pane option menu when the Scene Navigator tool is active.

-Rob

Post edited by rbtwhiz on
  • RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited December 1969

bad4u said:
    14) Photoshop CC 3D Bridge Support - Added support for Photoshop CC to the 3D Bridge

Please consider supporting Photoshop Elements with Photoshop 3D Bridge officially. It worked for some version, so it should be quite easy to implement as an option, as is it's always gambling if it works with any new version of DS or PSE. Not everybody can afford the full PS version and PSE is quite affordable for hobbyists (and you don't need a subscription for it).

+1

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    What is 'back to base'?
    Previously, if you dialed up a "Person" such as Olympia, you could not adjust the body or head, they were locked by the full body. Now you can dial up the full body and dial off the head or body.
  • jpb06tjpb06t Posts: 272
    edited December 1969

Environment Pane - Moved setting of the Backdrop for the scene to a new pane that is poised for future environment related settings.

I am quite intrigued by this snippet: "future environment settings" are to be intended as more sophisticated options like backgrop/equiangular images or something of the kind of real environments like clouds/atmopheres/fogs etc?

edited December 1969

latego said:

Environment Pane - Moved setting of the Backdrop for the scene to a new pane that is poised for future environment related settings.

I am quite intrigued by this snippet: "future environment settings" are to be intended as more sophisticated options like backgrop/equiangular images or something of the kind of real environments like clouds/atmopheres/fogs etc?

That would be telling! (And no, don't read into that. LOL)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Oh, so DS actually splits the full body and head morph into two?? If so that's very cool.

Be nice to get a bit more of what Poser can do by allowing the end user to split morphs even more like left and right arm morphs, leg morphs, anything really that's about the body and it's morphs on one side vs the other.

Thanks

RAMWolff said:
    What is 'back to base'?
    Previously, if you dialed up a "Person" such as Olympia, you could not adjust the body or head, they were locked by the full body. Now you can dial up the full body and dial off the head or body.
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Oh, so DS actually splits the full body and head morph into two?? If so that's very cool.

Be nice to get a bit more of what Poser can do by allowing the end user to split morphs even more like left and right arm morphs, leg morphs, anything really that's about the body and it's morphs on one side vs the other.

Thanks

RAMWolff said:
    What is 'back to base'?
    Not exactly. Previously if there were a head morph dial, a body morph dial and one dial that dialed them both, the sub morphs were locked. They no longer are.
  • cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Not able to test the beta version, but really excited to see cameras finally store aspect ratio/resolution now instead of this being a global scene property. This was one of the feature requests I put in way back when DAZ still had a viable ticketing interface.

edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    Not able to test the beta version, but really excited to see cameras finally store aspect ratio/resolution now instead of this being a global scene property. This was one of the feature requests I put in way back when DAZ still had a viable ticketing interface.
    SInce the Beta version and the Release version run side by side, is the reason you can't test it because you don't have enough hard drive space to install it?
  • cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

No, because beta is not installable without using DIM.

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

Main thing I am finding is the Viewport seems a lot more sluggish compared to the previous version.

edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    Main thing I am finding is the Viewport seems a lot more sluggish compared to the previous version.
    What are your viewport settings? (Mostly because the default is slower than what you probably have the Release version set to and they don't share preferences.)
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    No, because beta is not installable without using DIM.

Unless DIM is actually not working with your PC for some reason, you could always just use it as an installer program only if you wanted to. Install it, use it to install the beta, then uninstall it.
    edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    What are your viewport settings? (Mostly because the default is slower than what you probably have the Release version set to and they don't share preferences.)

Hi Spooky Ill go compare them now, I should have thought to do that first before posting but Ill go see whats different now.. :)

Steve.

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

Thanks

RAMWolff said:
    What is 'back to base'?
    Not exactly. Previously if there were a head morph dial, a body morph dial and one dial that dialed them both, the sub morphs were locked. They no longer are.

Is there, in fact, any way to 'freeze' a selected part of the mesh so it isn't affected by a morph that includes that area ... so that one could e.g. select and 'freeze' the head mesh, then apply a single head-and-body morph, and then save out just the body part of the morph as a separate morph because the 'frozen' head wasn't morphed? Or select an area covering one side of the torso, feeze that, apply a whole-torso morph and save out just the effect of the morph on the unfrozen side?

I did find a 'freeze selected geometry' or 'lock selected geometry' or something like that in a menu awhile back and tried to use it like that, but it didn't work; I wasn't sure if the function was not working, or I'd mis-guessed what it did and was for, or I'd just used it wrong. And I'm only both up to using the computer and clear-headed enough to think at all about what I'm doing so infrequently and for such short periods, I can't systematically experiment and figure things out like I used to be able to do.

edited December 1969

DavidGB said:
    RAMWolff said:

Thanks

RAMWolff said:
    What is 'back to base'?

Is there, in fact, any way to 'freeze' a selected part of the mesh so it isn't affected by a morph that includes that area ... so that one could e.g. select and 'freeze' the head mesh, then apply a single head-and-body morph, and then save out just the body part of the morph as a separate morph because the 'frozen' head wasn't morphed? Or select an area covering one side of the torso, feeze that, apply a whole-torso morph and save out just the effect of the morph on the unfrozen side?

I did find a 'freeze selected geometry' or 'lock selected geometry' or something like that in a menu awhile back and tried to use it like that, but it didn't work; I wasn't sure if the function was not working, or I'd mis-guessed what it did and was for, or I'd just used it wrong. And I'm only both up to using the computer and clear-headed enough to think at all about what I'm doing so infrequently and for such short periods, I can't systematically experiment and figure things out like I used to be able to do.That function is for something completely different, it does not work that way. :)

There is a way to split morphs, though I am by no means the expert on that, that just isn't what that function or this feature is for.

edited November 2014

Sal UK said:
    Sal UK said:

Hi Spooky Ill go compare them now, I should have thought to do that first before posting but Ill go see whats different now.. :)

Steve.

ok I set both exactly the same as shown in the screenshot, and moving the around the viewport in 4.6 is defiantly a lot smoother than 4.7. 4.6 is nice and smooth rotating with mai lin 6 loaded in just base char with camera centered on her head same in 4.7 but as I say in 4.7 it seems more sluggish in comparison.

** EDIT** just noticed optimization isnt set right on the 4.7 ill go check again...lol

Settings.jpg
    927 x 851 - 186K
    Post edited by Sal UK on
    edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    Sal UK said:
    Sal UK said:

Steve.

ok I set both exactly the same as shown in the screenshot, and moving the around the viewport in 4.6 is defiantly a lot smoother than 4.7. 4.6 is nice and smooth rotating with mai lin 6 loaded in just base char with camera centered on her head same in 4.7 but as I say in 4.7 it seems more sluggish in comparison.

** EDIT** just noticed optimization isnt set right on the 4.7 ill go check again...lol

OK sorted when I put Optimization to Best its as smooth as 4.6...

Big Thanks Spooky.. ;)

Steve.

edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    Sal UK said:
    Sal UK said:
    Sal UK said:

Steve.

Big Thanks Spooky.. ;)

Steve.Turn off backface lighting and things will run even faster. (On both.)

Warning to those of you reading this exchange, those optimization settings are definitely Video card dependent. Not all video cards behave the same way, so if things get unstable after setting optimization please change to a different setting.

edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    Sal UK said:
    Sal UK said:
    Sal UK said:

Steve.

Big Thanks Spooky.. ;)

Steve.Turn off backface lighting and things will run even faster. (On both.)

Warning to those of you reading this exchange, those optimization settings are definitely Video card dependent. Not all video cards behave the same way, so if things get unstable after setting optimization please change to a different setting.

Thanks I will try turning off backface lighting, Here are my specs I am running the setting on.

Windows 8 Pro 64bit ¦8gb DDR3 1333mhz ¦AMD 6300 6 core processor ¦Radeon R9 280 3GB Graphics OC Edition.

Steve.