Welcome to the 7th annual Monster Mash Halloween Bash!

1235»

Comments

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

OK FOLKS...TIME IS RUNNING OUT!

Tonight the gouls and goblins will come. The contest will be locked at midnight so any last minute entries need to be submitted today. I wish all good luck. Not as many entries this year, but some real nice ones. Not gonna be easy to pick winners.

:-)

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    ... Not as many entries this year, ...

For the first time, I just couldn't come up with a render idea... until right now, and it's far too late to find all the freebies for it. :-S I'll write it down for next year.
  • DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

Here's mine for next year ...

Grave_spooks.JPG
    937 x 1510 - 511K
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687
    edited December 1969

I've had an idea for one for a few years that I've never gotten done, partly around other projects (and entries) and partly I guess for lack of musical instrument incorporation...

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Damned forum is messing with me! I wished all the entrants good luck last night and posted, then went to bed. Got here just now and the post was rejected for some reason. :-/ Then I tried again, it it went to my account page! >:-( So, since there are no finals yet...

Good luck to all the entrants!

Dana

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    This entry reminds me of our very first MMHB winner in 2008. Jeeperz' "Devil went down to Ga." won first place. One thing about this render that many did not know is, in the far right corner, behind the tombston, you can see the famous no longer availible "Creepy Clown" peeking through. This was the original CC too. Kinda spooky huh?

I didn't know about this one. It's funny. That looks like the DevilM3 model. I didn't like that one as much. Know what? I forgot to put a tail on my devil. Oh well, he is sitting down. LOL. I thought about having one of the devil's eyes peeking out between his fingers, but it made him look evil and angry. You don't want an angry devil here. He is supposed to look crushed and depressed. I have another idea, but I'll save that for next year. Good luck to all!
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

The November challenge thread has been started.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/48191/

Good luck everyone.

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited November 2014

We have wieners...erm winners!

After examining all the entries last night, I took many things into consideration. Content, lighting, freebie numbers, location of freebies, placement, etc. I was up very late trying to decide and it was rough. Though there was only 10 entries, all of them were good. So after struggling and narrowing them down I came up with these winners.

the two honorable mentions:

HM1 - Gulan7 - Dangerous Stairway - I really liked how simple this one was to deliver such a powerful message. I liked the curled smoke effect. It was truely spooky. The only set back was it was just too hard to see everything and the lute took me a while to see.

HM2 - Eustace Scrubb - Bump and the Boogie men - Go Bump in the Night - This render was very unique with the way it was set up. I like the big head idea. The only set back was the lego dance scene was just to common and easy looking. Now if they had been floating or given some kind of "dreamish" effect, it would have been given more credit.

3rd place - Lord Ganthor - Crypt of Blues - Another LG original. I love the small corner stage. The skinny dead singer looks great. The piano "ragging" along in song gives it life. Everything just fits here. No set backs that I can see here.

2nd place - Tramp Graphics - Witching Hour - I knew the moment I saw this that it was going to place this year. The lighting is superb. The overall concept of the stage set is great. The only set back is no real monster here, just humans dressed up.

And the first place winner this year is - (drum roll) - Seliah - Halloween Bash 2014 - This render just has it all. With all the freebies offered, it stands alone. I am sure with that many characters, it took a lot of work. To keep everything so clear and be able to get it all in there was difficult I am sure. No set backs that I can see here.

So there you have it. Another year come and gone. As usual, I would like to thanks everyone for entering. You all did a great job and it was not easy to select winners.

* note - I will need all the three winners to PM me with your email address you used when you registered here at Daz in order to recieve your credits. Once given, you can find it under your "my account>more>store credit".

now lets all go over to the November challenge and see what Kismet has going on.

Post edited by music2u4u on
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to all who took part, and I'll see you in Kismet's thread...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yeah, congrats all round, some great entries as usual. :coolsmile:

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950
    edited December 1969

Wow, thanks, lets see now... Btw there were some entry prizes too, i hope we can get them:)

• edited December 1969

I think everyone did really great with this. :D Loved the various images! Always good for a smile when a new post showed up on this thread. =)

Gulan - Did I forget to PM you with the entry prize? I have been trying to send it to each entrant as soon as Music approved the entry for the contest.

If anyone who entered an image did NOT GET a PM from me with a link to my donation towards the entry prizes, PLEASE let me know and I will get it sent to you ASAP!

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

Congratulations everyone. Great job.

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950
    edited December 1969

Yes it seems i didn't got the entry prize, and for HM prizes i got one and it is really wonderful, but seems to have trouble donwloading second. I have sen't PM to Music2u4u i am hoping to get those :D

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Congratulations everyone! Great month!

Dana

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Thank you for 3rd place and great work everybody! Some really creepy stuff befitting the occasion. Now, what's the November theme? I can't remember...uh oh, this doesn't look good...

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

Congrats to the winners! This was fun as usual. :-)

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

Congrats to all of the other winners.

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687
    edited December 1969

Wow. I actually won something. This doesn't much happen! Thanks!

Congratulations to all the winners, and thanks for the HM (and gifts!)