!JS Stylized - pwToon Presets

juvesatrianijuvesatriani Posts: 556
edited September 2021 in Freebies

JS Stylized Banner

!JS Stylized is a collection of PwToon Shader - Material - Lighting and render preset that I used to produce Non Photo Realistic rendering.

The output of this collection is inspired by the styles I`ve seen in many fantasy storybooks as well as my favorite comics. 

You need to have and installed list below to use these presets

1. pwToon Shader or just ask DAZ STORE about how to get pwToon product only ;)
  2. Free IRAY>3ddelight Converter 
  3. Free Geoshell Outline Shader 
  4. Get and unzip !JS Stylized Folder in your content library

Optional but recommended pwToon Presets

To expand Diffuse - Shading Color and Shading type via !JS LOCK Preset

1. CelShader V2 pwToon Presets by Crescent ( Freebie)
  2. Soft pwToon Presets by Davin Moloney ( Freebie) or here

NOTE : These preset work in 3Delight only . No Postwork in all images in JS Stylized promo banner

Have fun , Juvesatriani

EDIT 24/9/2021 as found by @mollytabby there is broken preset for G2F NTRL . Download the fix version in here

Post edited by juvesatriani on

Comments

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,512

This looks cool. Thanks for sharing.

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732

Awesome! thanks for sharing.

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

@juvesatriani I'm really enjoying learning how to use these shaders smiley Thank you so much for creating and sharing them.

I'm having just one small problem with applying G2F NTRL to Genesis 2 female, I get this (see image). The hips and face are white.

G2F NTRL.png
    600 x 600 - 82K
  • juvesatrianijuvesatriani Posts: 556
    edited September 2021

Mollytabby said:

@juvesatriani I'm really enjoying learning how to use these shaders smiley Thank you so much for creating and sharing them.

I'm having just one small problem with applying G2F NTRL to Genesis 2 female, I get this (see image). The hips and face are white.

Let me check it and if there is broken preset I`ll be updating soon .

Here Quick fix If I dont updating the preset  sooner .. 

1. ALT +SHIFT M ( to active Surface Material Tools  then pick face or leg area in your scene ,
    2. Go to SURFACE TAB and check the diffuse setting . Open Arrow beside it and find your existing "FACE" and "TORSO" MAP .  Then plug in there . Usually it has "M" letter after the name of your character to indicating that is diffuse map texture ( not bump - displacement - specs or opacity Map )
    3. Or just apply G2M version then Select all of your Surface Material in SURFACE TAB
    4. Scroll down until you fInd setting called UV set then Change to FEMALE or any other G2 Variant 

DL G2F NTRL FIX version in First Post

edited September 2021

Wow! You do reply quickly. Thank you!  

Sorry, but I can't find the file DL G2F NTRL FIX 

Is it supposed to be attached to the first post or to the post above?

Post edited by Mollytabby on
    edited September 2021

Mollytabby said:

Wow! You do reply quickly. Thank you!  

Sorry, but I can't find the file DL G2F NTRL FIX 

Is it supposed to be attached to the first post or to the post above?

My bad I didnt rename it properly . and not click save comment button 

In first post there are two file attachments , you can right click it and choose "save as" , it will asking you where you wanna to save it. Rename as G2F NTRL or something like that .

I'm really sorry, @juvesatriani , I still can't see any file attachments on the first post. I've tried two different browsers. I feel aweful taking up your time like this!

As an update, your Quick Fix worked for G2F smileyyes

• Mollytabby said:

I'm really sorry, @juvesatriani , I still can't see any file attachments on the first post. I've tried two different browsers. I feel aweful taking up your time like this!

No problem at all . Try this link  and let me know if you feel still have trouble

Downloaded the files fine and replaced. Started up Daz Studio again but have the same problem. Don't worry about it @juvesatriani , the quick fix work around works fine smileyyes  

Lunch time here, so will pick up playing with the shaders later on. From the little I did last night, the shaders are brilliant. 

• This is nice. Thank you very much. Very generous of you.

edited September 2021

@juvesatriani thank you for providing such a nice shader set for pwToon. I had a play with a Genisis 3 figure created using Sf Anime Character Builder and your shaders applied to materials. The first image is the pure render, using my usual IBL Master lighting set up. The second is a quick rough postwork in Photoshop using the free Nik filters to tint the colours and to add a faded film grain effect.  The background was quickly created using some of Ron's brushes.

I really need to learn how to use the shaders (and your light sets) properly and to combine them with some of the techniques you describe in some of the NPR threads.

Image of the plain render of a girl using JS shaders

Image of a girl using JS shader - postworked

pwtoon-girl-render.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 524K
    pwtoon-girl-postwork.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 1M
    Post edited by Mollytabby on
  • captainalvordcaptainalvord Posts: 85
    edited November 2021

Been playing around with these pwtoon presets the last few days.  Great results and render 90%  faster than the Iray Realistic renders I was doing on my non nvidia pc.  here's a few renders I particularly like using these presets.

Mindy Toon Bikini.png
    1080 x 1920 - 2M
    Rachel Toon latex.png
    1080 x 1920 - 2M
    Ginny Toon Yoga.png
    1080 x 1920 - 1M
    Post edited by captainalvord on
  • These presets look really good!

Quick question: how do you get the metallic look on the motorcycle? Is it a combination of your !JS Stylized settings with something else?

I imagine I'm being too literal as I look for a Toon Metal setting...

edited November 2021

Sphinx Magoo said:

These presets look really good!

Quick question: how do you get the metallic look on the motorcycle? Is it a combination of your !JS Stylized settings with something else?

Sorry for late reply . For metal and shinny props try presets for hair or cloth . I`m also including several Gloss presets ( check in skin or cloth folder) . If you still not find the right combination , try go to Surface> glossiness and specular sharpness parameter and play with it

• juvesatriani said:

Sphinx Magoo said:

These presets look really good!

Sorry for late reply . For metal and shinny props try presets for hair or cloth . I`m also including several Gloss presets ( check in skin or cloth folder) . If you still not find the right combination , try go to Surface> glossiness and specular sharpness parameter and play with it

Thank you for your reply. I had guessed that you might reply as you had but I was wondering if there was a specific technique that you used.

I've been a happy user of pwToon since it was released. Over the years I've developed my own styles and presets but I'm always experimenting with different settings. I was excited to see that someone else uses pwToon. I have samples of my work in my signature links. I've been experimenting with some of the Iray Toon shaders but I always seem to go back to pwToon because the renders are so much faster on my old Mac laptop. Thank you for sharing your work. 

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

These presets are neat. Granted I downloaded them to pick them apart and see what made them tick.

• It seems that they have taken out the pw Toon Shader. Now the product description of the pw Shaders Bundle lists only pwCatch, pwGhost and pwSurface 2.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,108

It's an odd decision to make, given that, as far as I can tell, pwToon is definitely the most widely used of those shaders. I'm not keyed into 3DL rendering at all, so maybe I'm off in that estimation, but I can say that it's the only one that has multiple active threads dedicated to it.

• Gordig said:

It's an odd decision to make, given that, as far as I can tell, pwToon is definitely the most widely used of those shaders. I'm not keyed into 3DL rendering at all, so maybe I'm off in that estimation, but I can say that it's the only one that has multiple active threads dedicated to it.

Thats true . Not sure what happen behind the scene about that decision since another products from same original vendor ( posework if I remember correctly) still in DAZ store . Beside easier to use and fast it also offer flexibilities in term of styles . DAZ Studio + pwToon + 3Delight Outline render script actually good combo . Although its not as powerfull as what Blender paid Toon shader offer but the simplicities either when assigning/applying shader or preset making is hard to beat  . Especially if we`re talking about DAZ model which having a lot of surfaces