SereneNight’s Sci-Fi Fun Thread 3

Comments

• Man, you are a tough audience. laugh You can apply other skins to the morph. I think he's cute personally. The fake Michelin tire fat rolls and the jug like jaw of Caryn and Tobyn creep me out personally.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    I'd be interested to see what he looks like without black eye sockets.
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,559
    edited September 2021

Here he is with Gage's skin

And the king's son skin

gage.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 699K
    kindgsun.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 733K
    Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited September 2021

I picked up Athena HD Cyborg since she is a very classic gynoid.

Includes guns. The skin is any female you want. She's basically an outfit, a morph, and the boots. The feet require the included foot pose. This character looks great and renders easily. Comes with multiple suit colors, guns, hand poses boots, and foot poses, and a preload for her.

I chose Zelaria's skin for her, since, she had the cyborg eyes. 

Andromeda2.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,812
    edited September 2021

Serene Night said:

Includes guns. The skin is any female you want. She's basically an outfit, a morph, and the boots. The feet require the included foot pose. This character looks great and renders easily. Comes with multiple suit colors, guns, hand poses boots, and foot poses, and a preload for her.

Looks interesting. Will she be doing battle with/against Boyd and Owen?

An interesting yet frustrating couple days on the new guys front, as well.

Kooki99 seems to have hit their stride. They've had a lot of releases lately. And Joachim has an interesting and somewhat different face. And, alas, continues Kooki99's tradition of dingusless dudes. (I have been vaguely tempted to ask about that, since they have a dA page. However, that feels ... rude, somehow.) On the other hand, that price, though...

And RawArt has Veer in today's sales. (Wonder why vendors have been doing South/West Asian guys lately?Jazz, Nasiri, Adeeb, Rahul, Veer, all in this calendar year and all but one outside of a bundle release. The closest thing to that before now was the guys in and around Sanjay's bundle -- who were, by definition, related to a bundle.) On the one hand, Veer looks interesting -- on the other, he's a one-piece morph, which is what RawArt likes to do, so you can't get the face or body alone. It does look like maybe his skin is a bit more gently textured. And, of course, he does have a dingus.

Post edited by vwrangler on
    edited September 2021

I liked Veer's shape, but his skin looks really odd to me, as one of his monster skins is almost crinkly with details.  I've never seen anyone with skin that way before, so I passed. Raw has a skin type he seems to like to use, which works well for creatures but looks too patchy for my tastes on humans. This is of course a personal preference. 

I did buy Joachim. I like the skin and shape. Not sure why there is a trend to releasing unless male figures. I don't care for it. I got it for 7 dollars, so it wasn't that difficult a move.

Cyborgs do exist in the future, as do androids/gynoids. They are expensive to make, and yes, Owen and Boyd might fight a few, although, honestly, human-shaped robots aren't as effective in combat as robots with non-human shapes. Robots like this are mostly used in the legal sex industry, service industry, and medical profession. They would be valuable so, destroying one would be like destroying a porche. Of course if one is aiming a pistol at you, you have to take direct action.

You can sort of genderswap the gynoid to male using the transgender morphs. Unfortunately, the hd detail is baked in with a chesty female body, and I can't reduce the breasts sufficiently to retain the hd detail of the robot. (the suit is a geoshell). I simply don't have enough morphs for G8.1F. I intend to mess around later.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,094

vwrangler said:

Serene Night said:

Kooki99 seems to have hit their stride. They've had a lot of releases lately. And Joachim has an interesting and somewhat different face. And, alas, continues Kooki99's tradition of dingusless dudes. (I have been vaguely tempted to ask about that, since they have a dA page. However, that feels ... rude, somehow.) On the other hand, that price, though...

And RawArt has Veer in today's sales. (Wonder why vendors have been doing South/West Asian guys lately?Jazz, Nasiri, Adeeb, Rahul, Veer, all in this calendar year and all but one outside of a bundle release. The closest thing to that before now was the guys in and around Sanjay's bundle -- who were, by definition, related to a bundle.) On the one hand, Veer looks interesting -- on the other, he's a one-piece morph, which is what RawArt likes to do, so you can't get the face or body alone. It does look like maybe his skin is a bit more gently textured. And, of course, he does have a dingus.

Yes, I was looking at this figure. I agree it's a one-piece morph, which, for me, cuts down on its useability. And, where the dingus is concerned, it appears there's only one mat for it, which is probably uncircumcised. True, you can click "circumcised" in the Parameters Tab, but in some cases, the result doesn't look right to me. I prefer to have two mat versions.

edited September 2021

So you can make a male cyborg using Athena HD. 

The Athena Suit is a Geoshell, and if you zero her out, you can apply the male morph for the character, some fitness, and a bulge, and then dial back in HD only for Athena. 

You will need to add a g8.1 skin, to the Athena figure. Some of the bulge morphs which came with the Transgender set helped a bit. The geoshell will need to be hidden on Athena's face since when you apply the male skin the eyes become opaque. This is an easy fix- you just zero opacity on the geoshell.

MALE.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    edited September 2021

So, here is my dude Alex Capital. I think he's the only genesis 8.1 male figure with a complete first and last name (For some reason, I keep forgetting his name and having to look him up in DIM. I don't know why-!) 

At any rate, he is a somewhat complete male figure, with a decent set of mats, no real options, and a sculpt that has some detail in certain areas. And yes, he is yet another detective. Didn't we do detective already?

This is the second male figure I bought with a facial scar, and so of course I scrubbed it. Why?  In the future scars like that can be repaired (not to mention the broken nose), so I wanted a scar-free option to allow me to have more use out of the skin.  The scar is on both the mats and the HD, so sadly if you want him to not have the scar, you'll have to do away with the facial HD. Bummer.

Overall, he is a niche character with some limitations, such as the scalp, the facial morph, and hair, may make him harder to use and pose. I do like him, but I'm not sure why he is a base figure. 

Alex (2).jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
    Alex.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 917K
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,121

Serene Night said:

Overall, he is a niche character with some limitations, such as the scalp, the facial morph, and hair, may make him harder to use and pose. I do like him, but I'm not sure why he is a base figure. 

Might be another Artstation buyout like Underbelly. If so, hopefully he'll be updated in the near future with options that make him more flexible. 

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,767

Alex' scalp really bothers me, I hope that there's going to be an update. But I really like him otherwise. I think he's sexy as hell :)

Out of principle I agree that he absolutely should come with a no-scar version (especially since he's "core", whatever that means these days)... but tbh I personally am not that bothered by the scar.

The scalp, though...

edited September 2021

Serene Night said:

Okay, on the subject of male figures, this is Haral for G8.1

He comes with his own lashes, hair, and gen materials. 

I found Haral to be surprisingly sexy and very versatile. He comes with single-color brows which for some reason didn't entirely work for me, so I recolored them, a slightly lighter shade. He does have a single set of gen mats

If I had one criticism, it would be that I think his nipples standing oval like that look a bit stretched to me. I think I would've preferred they be wider, rather than tall like that.  He also is very dark, when I rendered him for some reason, and I had to expose him to a lot more light than I do normally. His promos make him look fair, but, I found he looked much darker in reality, so keep that in mind, if you light him.

Did he get pulled from the store? I have no memory of him and I can't find him now. Who was the vendor?

Post edited by Hylas on

Hylas said:

Serene Night said:

Okay, on the subject of male figures, this is Haral for G8.1

He comes with his own lashes, hair, and gen materials. 

I found Haral to be surprisingly sexy and very versatile. He comes with single-color brows which for some reason didn't entirely work for me, so I recolored them, a slightly lighter shade. He does have a single set of gen mats

If I had one criticism, it would be that I think his nipples standing oval like that look a bit stretched to me. I think I would've preferred they be wider, rather than tall like that.  He also is very dark, when I rendered him for some reason, and I had to expose him to a lot more light than I do normally. His promos make him look fair, but, I found he looked much darker in reality, so keep that in mind, if you light him.

Did he get pulled from the store? I have no memory of him and I can't find him now. Who was the vendor?

It looks like he has been pulled from the store. PA is Dax Avalange, who is still in the store at the moment, so that's probably not the reason he got pulled.

• Strange. There wasn't anything wrong with him that I could see. His skin was a lot darker than promos would indicate. This cements my view one must buy content you like when it shows up in the store. 

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,094

Hylas said:

Alex' scalp really bothers me, I hope that there's going to be an update. But I really like him otherwise. I think he's sexy as hell :)

Out of principle I agree that he absolutely should come with a no-scar version (especially since he's "core", whatever that means these days)... but tbh I personally am not that bothered by the scar.

The scalp, though...

Absolutely, there should have a been a no-scar version. I would have bought him if that had been the case.

• Owen and Boyd enjoy their new beachwear. This is one of those scripts poses by ATGL, however, I posed two different couple's together.

Cuddle-1.jpg
    1800 x 1400 - 2M
    edited September 2021

On the subject of men's new releases. 

Here is CGI Nigel for Genesis 8 Male.

I actually really like him. He has an adorable face and a slightly 'softer' body. His skin is easy to use, and what you see is what you get, when you render him. No unusually dark skin, or anything strange. He has gen mats, but does not have brows, or any extras.

Interestingly, this is the first character who looks good in Derrick hair that I've put it on. 

I also tried the JHR dForce Arar underwear.

Nigel.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 966K
    Nigel1.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 797K
    Nigel2.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 766K

Nigel looks interesting. How bad is the underwear to dForce? It looks mostly like it would just "settle" when dForced, more than doing any notable moving around.

Any chance you also picked up Ragnarsson?

edited September 2021

I will try dforcing the underwear and let you know. The autofit is pretty good, but there is some distortion with the bulge. I'm not sure if that is present with dForce or not.

I did not buy Ragnarsson. I didn't even notice him. Lately, I've been missing figures and content. Renderosity is super slow for me, and loads at a snails pace, and has for months.

This is the JRH dForc eBoxing Outfit dForced.

Champion.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 921K
    edited September 2021

Here is JHR dForce Arar underwear. dForced.

underwear.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 891K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133

That boxing outfit looks like it could benefit from the Thickener plugin. Do you have that?

I think Nigel looks better in your renders than in the promos. He's boy-next-door-cute :)

Do boxers ever wear tight pants like that? Pro wrestlers maybe, but boxers?

• barbult said:

That boxing outfit looks like it could benefit from the Thickener plugin. Do you have that?

I agree. I don't have it yet.

• Hylas said:

I think Nigel looks better in your renders than in the promos. He's boy-next-door-cute :)

Do boxers ever wear tight pants like that? Pro wrestlers maybe, but boxers?

I agree. He definitely is an 'everyday guy' kinda cute.

I think boxers wear just regular shorts. They don't go for the spandex body-hugging outfits.

• ButchButch Posts: 797

vwrangler said:

Serene Night said:

This is my quarterly safari into the forums...  

With the one-piece morph, have you tried using the Head Split D-Former?  I've followed the benalive tutorial and it separates the head and body surprisingly well...     

edited September 2021

Butch said:

This is my quarterly safari into the forums...  

With the one-piece morph, have you tried using the Head Split D-Former?  I've followed the benalive tutorial and it separates the head and body surprisingly well...     

Oh, yes, I've done that with another RawArt character, Raw Pete. It's just a pain, plus the process essentially downsamples the HD, and you can't get that detail back if you want it. The tutorial is a little difficult to follow in parts -- the teeny type Studio interface coupled with a few places where he figures you can follow along with what he's doing on screen and he stops talking -- but it's workable. Like I say, it's just a pain to need to do that.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Ummmm @SereneNight every thing okay?

edited March 2022

Edited

edited September 2021

Oh, and yes, I have not forgotten Owen And Boyd. Here's one I just posted on my Deviant Art page.

44.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Oh good very cool ,glad you were just busy