DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.3.52, General Release, Now Available for Download!

1141516171820»

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,559
    edited December 1969

...keeping fingers crossed that someday it will happen.

• BiolukeBioluke Posts: 26
    edited December 1969

Hmm, I updated but am still having a bit of a bug with the Smart Content Pane. It's still disappearing each time I load one figure or object into a blank scene... forcing me to just noodle around in the regular content library on the right hand side. Also product view for most of the products and all the category list entries pull a disappearing act. >_< this has been going on for awhile now.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Hmm, I updated but am still having a bit of a bug with the Smart Content Pane. It's still disappearing each time I load one figure or object into a blank scene... forcing me to just noodle around in the regular content library on the right hand side. Also product view for most of the products and all the category list entries pull a disappearing act. >_< this has been going on for awhile now.

Are you using the original Valentina CMS or the new PostgreSQL CMS? That sounds like a corrupt database.

• BackDoor3DBackDoor3D Posts: 160
    edited December 1969

Are you using the original Valentina CMS or the new PostgreSQL CMS? That sounds like a corrupt database.

Sounds like a Valentina DB corruption issue. I have had PostgeSQL DB running since DAZ implemented it, and I have had absolutely no DB corruptions or loss of Smart Content, Categories or Products since then.

IMHO, I would suggest you migrate to PostgreSQL PDQ. Valentina sucks the big one.

Cheers,

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Stiks1954 said:

Sounds like a Valentina DB corruption issue. I have had PostgeSQL DB running since DAZ implemented it, and I have had absolutely no DB corruptions or loss of Smart Content, Categories or Products since then.

IMHO, I would suggest you migrate to PostgreSQL PDQ. Valentina sucks the big one.

Cheers,

Valentina works good for me and you can't use PostgreSQL PDQ if you use Carrara .

• BackDoor3DBackDoor3D Posts: 160
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Stiks1954 said:

Cheers,

Valentina works good for me and you can't use PostgreSQL PDQ if you use Carrara .

Ah, I see the problem. But you failed to mention Carrara. So I guess it's up to you which way you wanna go. Stay with Valentina DB due to the Carrara issue (which I have also BTW) and keep repairing the DB for hours and hours....Or, go with PostgreSQL and just use the Runtimes in Carrara, which still work very well.

Not being provocative, but you can't have both. Valentina has well known and well documented issues.....your call.

edited October 2014

I don't have Carrara but am going to attempt to try and fix the prob in my database...

Post edited by Bioluke on
  • Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433
    edited December 1969

I know a new build is just around the corner so to speak, but have seen very little concerning it. The current beta test version has been available for some time now, although I do not as a rule grab the beta versions. So I am wondering what the status of the next build is at this time? If the status is to be kept a secret, I'm fine with that.

On another note, I think the new shop layout is fantastic! The way the products are now across the whole screen, allows for easier searching or browsing, and the search drop down menus are nice; although I think that the older products (for instance the Gen 3 figures and their supporting items) should be included in the drop down for compatible figures list. When I checked that list, it only went to the Gen 4 figures. The Gen 3 figures are still popular with many artists, and that includes me! I would not want to see them go the way of the dinosaurs. Extinction is not a good thing, folks!

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

... So I am wondering what the status of the next build is at this time? If the status is to be kept a secret, I'm fine with that....

no release dates but you can read the progress here
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log

edited December 1969

... So I am wondering what the status of the next build is at this time? If the status is to be kept a secret, I'm fine with that....

no release dates but you can read the progress here
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log
    Thank you! I'll check it out.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited November 2014

The current beta test version has been available for some time now, although I do not as a rule grab the beta versions. So I am wondering what the status of the next build is at this time? If the status is to be kept a secret, I'm fine with that.

S ;-) ;-) N! (Yes, I said it. LOL!)

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/48325/

Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited November 2014

The current beta test version has been available for some time now, although I do not as a rule grab the beta versions. So I am wondering what the status of the next build is at this time? If the status is to be kept a secret, I'm fine with that.

S ;-) ;-) N! (Yes, I said it. LOL!)

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/48325/

Sp ;-) ;-) ky-S ;-) ;-) n - Nice!

Post edited by Kerya on
  • cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

I noticed the virtual box design was changed to SF one. This makes me want to ask two questions:
    - will we get an easy way, possibly with a preset, to make those laser lights from the guns pictured?
    - will the contents of the default libraries change?

And a little off-topic: here: http://www.daz3d.com/freebies, contents are listed (kind of, it's much better than just trying to imagine what Surf'sUp can look like from the filelist). Am I wrong or Jamie Hair (worn by Genesis Basic Male dressed in Journeyer Scout Clothes) isn't included?

edited December 1969

Stiks1954 said:
    bigh said:
    Stiks1954 said:

Cheers,

Ah, I see the problem. But you failed to mention Carrara. So I guess it's up to you which way you wanna go. Stay with Valentina DB due to the Carrara issue (which I have also BTW) and keep repairing the DB for hours and hours....Or, go with PostgreSQL and just use the Runtimes in Carrara, which still work very well.

Not being provocative, but you can't have both. Valentina has well known and well documented issues.....your call.

Okay, I had to noodle around a lot... and change some directories a bit in my build but I finally got things to how they should be and got the DB to use POSTgreSQL CMS instead of the corrupted Valentina, so prob solved. During part of that period of tinkering I'd remembered my old account from back in version 2.3 so I noodled around a bit to see what I could salvage and migrate over into the 4.6 build... not a whole lot as it turns out but there were a fair handful of shaders and M3 poses I'd forgotten about.
    Hey, is it just me or is the morph injector counting as a separate plug-in now in the newer builds? Just curious.

edited November 2014

I noticed the virtual box design was changed to SF one. This makes me want to ask two questions:
    - will we get an easy way, possibly with a preset, to make those laser lights from the guns pictured?
    - will the contents of the default libraries change?

And a little off-topic: here: http://www.daz3d.com/freebies, contents are listed (kind of, it's much better than just trying to imagine what Surf'sUp can look like from the filelist). Am I wrong or Jamie Hair (worn by Genesis Basic Male dressed in Journeyer Scout Clothes) isn't included?

Hmm, I don't recall the Jamie hair being included in the starter essentials. My Surf's Up G2M came with a hat but was bald.

Post edited by Bioluke on
  • nahnah Posts: 12
    edited December 1969

Hi,
    I know that the current version is 4.7, But I would like to get the version DAZ studio 4.6.3.52 for compatibility with octane plugin. I forget to download this version before the release of 4.7. Could someone point me a link to donwload this version ?
    On my account, I cannot get this version, only the 4.7.
    Thanks

edited December 1969

nah said:
    Hi,
    I know that the current version is 4.7, But I would like to get the version DAZ studio 4.6.3.52 for compatibility with octane plugin. I forget to download this version before the release of 4.7. Could someone point me a link to donwload this version ?
    Thanks

Hello nah. According to all info I have been able to gather, the current version of the DAZ Studio general release, version 4.7.0.12 is the only one available for download at this time. All that is included in the previous version 4.6.3.52 is also included in the current version. There are some improvements and new features built into the current version that were not in the previous version. I'm sure if I have anything wrong concerning this, others who know more about this than I will give more accurate info.

Hope this helps.

edited December 1969

nah said:
    Hi,
    Thanks

...I know the feeling. I'm having compatibility issues with AoA's Advanced Lights, Atmospheric Cameras, and Graphic Arts Cameras not working properly in 4.7. As I use these a lot (particularly the lights since they play nicely with the SSS Shaders), it has put something of a damper on my work. UE doesn't give me the same results (particularly with the SSS shaders) and it renders incredibly slow forcing the CPU to run at peak load (at a higher temperature s well) for a much longer time.
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    nah said:
    Hi,
    Thanks

...I know the feeling. I'm having compatibility issues with AoA's Advanced Lights, Atmospheric Cameras, and Graphic Arts Cameras not working properly in 4.7. As I use these a lot (particularly the lights since they play nicely with the SSS Shaders), it has put something of a damper on my work. UE doesn't give me the same results (particularly with the SSS shaders) and it renders incredibly slow forcing the CPU to run at peak load (at a higher temperature s well) for a much longer time.

I have no idea if this will help, but generally speaking after an upgrade to D/S, various plug-ins will also have been upgraded. Maybe installing from a fresh installer would work.

• erik leemanerik leeman Posts: 262
    edited February 2015

nah, you don't need DAZ Studio 4.6 to use the Octane plugin, it works just as fine on DAZ Studio 4.7.
    I am running Studio v 4.7.012 with Octane for DAZ Studio v 1.2.120.3430, and if there's any difference at all, it's crashing less than before.

Cheers!

Erik

Post edited by erik leeman on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    nah said:
    Hi,
    Thanks

I have no idea if this will help, but generally speaking after an upgrade to D/S, various plug-ins will also have been upgraded. Maybe installing from a fresh installer would work.
    ...already uninstalled and resinstalled through the DIM but the issues still persist.

• nahnah Posts: 12
    edited December 1969

nah, you don't need DAZ Studio 4.6 to use the Octane plugin, it works just as fine on DAZ Studio 4.7.
    I am running Studio v 4.7.012 with Octane for DAZ Studio v 1.2.120.3430, and if there's any difference at all, it's crashing less than before.

Cheers!

Erik

Ok thanks,
    I will install 4.7 in another location with OCDs 1.2, to not corrupt my 4.6.2 install with all my work. And if it's more stable I will move to 4.7 directly. Been waiting for animation work on OCDs 2.x, and then move totally to 4.7 + OCDs 2.x

edited December 1969

You guys certainly know more than I do! I hope you can get this fixed to your satisfaction. Best of luck to you.