Auto-fit Clones - Retired

Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 7,965
edited December 2023 in Freebies

These have been available for many years now with Thousands of happy users!

Sadly, it is time now for me to retire these auto-fit clones. This is NOT a reflection on the company, on anybody in here.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

Comments

• SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971

Hello, and thanks for a generous freebie. Just to be clear, because I'm not great with the technical stuff, if I install this it allows the different Genesis models to wear each others clothes?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,910

SteveM17 said:

Hello, and thanks for a generous freebie. Just to be clear, because I'm not great with the technical stuff, if I install this it allows the different Genesis models to wear each others clothes?

That's the idea. Autofit converts clothing from one figure to another: it uses a clone to adjust the clothes shape from the source figure to the target one, then rigs them automatically as you would do with transfer utility.

As with all automatic systems results may vary. Some items like shoes are notoriously problematic, for example. But overall it works rather well.

• Gloves can also be problematic. For shoes and gloves I find it better to work with .obj files in the proper placement. [n.b. remember to hide all other figures before exporting out shoes or gloves to get the .obj files].

• Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820

Hi Catherine!  Thank you - this will be so useful!  And welcome back!  laugh

• Sky77 said:

Hi Catherine!  Thank you - this will be so useful!  And welcome back!  laugh

Thank you :-)

And you're welcome, and enjoy :-)

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

super! thanks

• SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971

Leana said:

SteveM17 said:

That's the idea. Autofit converts clothing from one figure to another: it uses a clone to adjust the clothes shape from the source figure to the target one, then rigs them automatically as you would do with transfer utility.

As with all automatic systems results may vary. Some items like shoes are notoriously problematic, for example. But overall it works rather well.

I see, I wasn't sure if the autofit and clones were all part of the same process. Thanks for the info.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,377
    edited May 2021

Glad they're back. Glad you're back, too. yes

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • SkelchSkelch Posts: 275

Glad you are back, and with one of the most helpful files created. I use these almost every day I play around in Daz Studio

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 7,965

You are all welcome, I'm glad they're available again too :-)

I find them to be a great time saver for making clothing fit between the generations.

@  SteveM17 Yes there is a similar process between making clones and auto-fit clones. The major difference is how they are finished off for use. Auto-fit clones are not meant to be used for anything besides making clothing fit to a figure. Whereas the regular shaping clones need to have the rig adjusted to shape and, esp. for extreme shapes, may require additional control and/or joint control morphs, in order for the character to be posable.

TIP: for those trying to make clothing from Genesis through to G8, make and save the clothing for one figure at a time. Clear the scene and repeat the process to make the item fit to the next figure. If one takes the very same garment and goes through all the figures [saving to new names of course] one will find the end result not so great. There are rigging differences between the figures and "all" the changes cannot be accommodated without taking proper breaks. The best {ergo easiest} way I find to clear the cache of any possible residue information is to simply close D/S, then open a fresh instance. So: Genesis 1 to G2 : clear scene : G2 to G3 : clear scene : G3 to G8. Because one is in essence working from the same .obj file for the clothing, it is important to rename the clothing item with each save - and also a good idea to be sure that each save is going into its own set of data folders. IF one doesn't then one may find that the newest save has overwritten the previous save and hair hurts the head when you pull it out ;-)

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

Many thanks!

You're welcome Greymom, enjoy :-)

• ArkadySkiesArkadySkies Posts: 206
    edited May 2021

Wow. Those disclaimers sure tell a story. Sorry about any drama you had to deal with to bring us these.

Everytime I try to make the switch to G8, I run back to G2. There are some things, especially among the regular base morph dials, that never got a G8 equivalent. But there are some good post-G2 clothing and hairs out there. Already made a G3 clone that works well, but G8 was a bit more of a challenge. This is solid work.

Post edited by ArkadySkies on

ArkadySkies said:

Wow. Those disclaimers sure tell a story. Sorry about any drama you had to deal with to bring us these.

Everytime I try to make the switch to G8, I run back to G2. There are some things, especially among the regular base morph dials, that never got a G8 equivalent. But there are some good post-G2 clothing and hairs out there. Already made a G3 clone that works well, but G8 was a bit more of a challenge. This is solid work.

Yes the jump to G8 was certainly more a challenge lol ... I tease that the next figure could be arriving in the fetal pose lol ... but seriously no. The "A" pose is to facilitate the dForce draping plugin. 

• jjmainorjjmainor Posts: 472

Holy crap!  These are awesome.  Thank you very much.  They seem to fit G8 clothing to G1 a lot better than the supplied clones fit G2 and G3 clothes to G1.

jjmainor said:

Holy crap!  These are awesome.  Thank you very much.  They seem to fit G8 clothing to G1 a lot better than the supplied clones fit G2 and G3 clothes to G1.

You're quite welcome, enjoy wink

• PixelSploitingPixelSploiting Posts: 870
    edited May 2021

Thank you. It works flawlessly with one of the most annoying (if not the most annyoing) outfits to convert from G2 to G8.

Post edited by PixelSploiting on

PixelSploiting said:

Thank you. It works flawlessly with one of the most annoying (if not the most annyoing) outfits to convert from G2 to G8.

Awesome :-) Thanks for the feedback :-) 

• DarthDDarthD Posts: 259

Thank you !! :) 

You're quite welcome DarthD :-)

• Peter_DAPeter_DA Posts: 47

I just downloaded the clones. Thank you for the work you've done and thank you for sharing.

You're welcome Peter_DA, enjoy :-)

• drucdruc Posts: 318

Thank you Catherine

You're welcome druc :-)

• Thank you so much for the amazing gift, Catherine! heart

I've just downloaded both parts and will be using them shortly.

Lee

You're quite welcome, enjoy :-)

• Thank you so so so much for these. I'm one of those who still use G1 on a regular bases, as I'm a Poser user mostly but I use DS if I need it. Being able to convert new outfits to G1 is an amazing thing for me! :) Also, sorry about all the drama it took to bring them back to us.

• You're quite welcome TaishoBee, enjoy :-)

• Excellent, now my G3F characters can wear G8F clothing ! I wish I'd come across this before !

Thanks.

• You're welcome, enjoy :-)