The Super Person's Render Thread

MistaD2047MistaD2047 Posts: 335
edited May 2012 in Art Studio

Super person's for sure, be it a HERO or a VILLAIN toss up your renders and let's have fun!

Image removed by a moderator till resized...please see this thread for info:
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/510_98/

Post edited by fixmypcmike on

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

One that fits

Centinal1sm.jpg
    800 x 566 - 307K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

looking good

• MistaD2047MistaD2047 Posts: 335
    edited May 2012

Nice one Scorpio.

Here's a modified Reality version of my first one up top.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Oh dude, you did not. I got to play in this one.

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Does this also fit into this thread?

2012-05-25_Superhero_DAZForum.jpg
    800 x 600 - 180K
    edited December 1969

all super-heroes or super-villains fit this thread. Come one come all!

edited May 2012

Here's another before I head off to work. A Villain maybe?

edited December 1969

Well that sucks. I'm at work for 12hrs and my pics weren't wider then 800. I figured that width was what was more important so it doesn't over widen the forums. But I'll modify it after work if I'm still cognitive.

edited December 1969

I did not see any breakage. This is just not cool. I'm off to build my Supersuit Hero Wraith. Maybe I can get it done in time to make your off work time a bit happier.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

I found that when I post an image that's even right at 800 width the lines of the forum just begin to go out too far... so I trying to mindful and resize images to about 785, give it that extra 15 pixels and it's fine, right on the money actually. Until they get the images fixed this is what we have... that or nothing at all... ;-)

edited May 2012

I dont think that's it RAMWolff. I just checked the three still up and all three are 800xsomething. Could it be the implied Violence?

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I dont think that's it RAMWolff. I just checked the three still up and all three are 800xsomething. Could it be the implied Violence?

I don't know, I'd ask the mods about their reasoning then!

edited May 2012

Id like to know why height is Capped at 800 too. Thanks for attempting to back me up guys. 6.5 hrs until the end of my shift. Yay!

RAM your sig image is broken. Though that could just be another issue with the forums.

I don't think it was the implied violence. First and 4th pic is just a struggle/hold and the 5th is the pointed gun, but the link they left for me talks about size rather then violence.

Jade, I'd love to see wraith. :). Maybe wraith and my gun chick can team up and beat down heroes unless wraith's a hero ;)
    I guess I should probably get around to naming heroes and villains. :)

Post edited by MistaD2047 on
    edited May 2012

I spent three plus hours on Wraith and I'm only half done, my eyes are bleeding from all the tiny seam bits you have to edit.
    Sorry to tell ya but he is a Hero, as a matter of fact he is the Leader and Founder of The Shadows.
    Edit: Oh I see, you broke the Blah x 800 mark. I did read something about the 800x800 max being inforced because the software could geek untill they get the resize working. It could be the 800 mark is all the forum can handle without getting errors that could crash the system if it gets enough views at one time. Or something along those lines.
    Forgive my EDITS, it's late and I can not SEE right now.

edited May 2012

Here are the missing pictures. I could Edit and and add them back in but this is just as easy.

Ya those seams are a pain. However there's a trick. While in Material Selection mode you can right click and Select "Select all materials of X" Where X is material name or material color etc.

Of course that only works if you want to select all of those. Otherwise ya gotta ctrl+click each individual one. I find once I morph everything I can just hide genesis and it makes it easier to select the individual seams. Also instead of hiding the material ala turning opacity to 0 you can just morph under the skin and it works fine.

What really is time consuming and crappy is if you wanna turn it into reality materials. I did that for one of these images and it sucked hard-core. I had to turn certain materials to metal in order to get the sheen and reflection I wanted. of course I suppose I coulda just maxed out all the glossiness to 10000 but I really wanted metal for some reason. We're talking probably cherry-picking certain materials outta at least 100 material's.

However without further adieu. Here's the re-sized pictures that were deleted.

The first one is a struggle between Urban Commando (the one in the camo - good gal) and the other one (which I have no name for but is a bad gal) done in Daz with 1 UberLight Area dome material (took me a while to render). The Second is the same picture that was done in reality (had to change all the materials of the golden one - this took forever), using the same UberLight Dome (which I converted to a light source).

The 3rd picture is Purple Raine who is a Villain that just likes to dress up and shoot people and has no remorse for whomever she shoots. She thinks it's fun and has enhanced reflexes and speed to be able to stick it out with Heroes. Kinda like the Flash just not as flashy. (This one was done in Daz. I wasn't gonna futz around with materials again in Reality). I have 3 spots of varying angles, colors and all using raytrace for shadows (with varying softness). The Gun is from Liquid Halo On Sky 16 for Genesis, I modified the material using one of the supersuit shaders. The Over-briefs/Panties are from Anime Dress for Genesis and the Boots are from Timeless Fantasy

Oh ya the spaces between my paragraphs is just a single space on a blank line.

Bang1s.jpg
    566 x 800 - 130K
    Gotcha1s.jpg
    566 x 800 - 234K
    Gotcha2s.jpg
    566 x 800 - 194K
    edited May 2012

I think I'm done goofing around with Wraith. I'll see if I can get a decent Forum friendly size render done tonight. After that it will be time to design the new Genesis Trauma character for the team. I'll need LAMH to do the new Raven but its still in development darn it. I'll do up a new Psiber after Trauma, man I love this new suit.

P.S. Thanks Rev. Your tips helped me speed up my work greatly.

Two PROMO style renders Top the old Wraith. Bottom the new Wraith.

Wraith-2.jpg
    615 x 800 - 103K
    Wraith-3.jpg
    615 x 800 - 95K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,791
    edited December 1969

Supersuit in iClone

grilladin.gif
    780 x 780 - 9M
    edited December 1969

You're welcome Jade. I didn't even know about that right click select until I watched the videos that were put up in this post here.http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/601/

Btw nice suit ya got there Jaderail. I like the new shaders that came with the supersuit pro. Kinda hitting myself for not grabbing the complete suite though. Ah well.

Nice Gorilla ya got there Wendy.

edited May 2012

I watched all those, But Vidieo just goes over my head half the time, I need text and images.

Thanks I'm putting together a render that shows his powers next. Then I'll know if I really pulled off the suit or not.

Here it is. The Wraith.

Wraith-03_copy.jpg
    800 x 615 - 378K
    edited December 1969

Nice one. Did ya use the linear point for the lightning start or did ya render th whole stream with uberarea? I'm figuring the lightning is post worked?

edited December 1969

Good eye. It is a LP for the start and then postworked effects.

edited December 1969

I tend to try and use LP's I also like to use UberPoints which is an advanced version of LP.

Cool thing about the UberPoint is that you can use an image file for the light color. While with LP's you can only choose a singular color per light.

edited December 1969

Is Uber Point in DS4Pro? I have not really looked yet. I trend to use prebuilt light sets and then tweak as I go. DS4P is still new ground for me. I think I upto four renders now. That's in like 6-8 months. I bought DS4Pro when it came out oh so long ago. Can we say BUGS? I stuck with DS3A untill now.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

No uber point and spot are seperate purchases,
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/uberpoint-light-shader-for-daz-studio
    and
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/uberspot-light-shader-for-daz-studio

I thought there was a bundle with both in but can't find it

edited December 1969

No uber point and spot are seperate purchases,
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/uberpoint-light-shader-for-daz-studio
    and
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/uberspot-light-shader-for-daz-studio

I thought there was a bundle with both in but can't find it

Thanks for the Links ScorpyD. I'll have some free money for 3D in the near future, Lights are way up on my list of things to get.
  • SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Even Heros need a rest!

2012-05-27_Hero_Sleeping_DAZForum.jpg
    800 x 600 - 350K
    edited December 1969

Nice one Sedor.

• willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

Shiny

suit2forum.jpg
    500 x 800 - 93K
  • GoneGone Posts: 833
    edited December 1969

All the cool kids are wearing it. :-)

Supersuit.jpg
    533 x 800 - 285K
    edited May 2012

nice ones Gone and Willow

Here's another vision of Raine. Just added in uberenv and moved the camera around and did a touch of postwork.

Full Size widescreen here http://mysterioussoul.deviantart.com/art/Purple-Raine-305202815

PurpleRaine2.jpg
    800 x 640 - 213K