HH Sayble for Genesis 8.1 Female [Commercial]

Herschel HoffmeyerHerschel Hoffmeyer Posts: 586
edited September 2021 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Coming soon to the Daz store, meet Sayble! 

Released! Grab her here!

• Sayble was designed to be and will be a foundation for my future outfits and is my very first female characer. I have some big surprises planned for this character before the year is up.
  • The body tattoos are an option and built into the skin textures (cannot be able to another character's skin).
  • Includes Head, Body, Nipples, Nails, and Navel morphs (all sculpted in Zbrush in very high detail). 
  • The character was sculpted at very high detail and the subdivision levels reflect that detail! Bump up the subdivision levels to see more detail in your renders.
  • Includes pose-specific morphs that were sculpted in Zbrush to reflect realistic bends in joints and muscle flexing (for example, ribs pop out some when torso extended backawrds, bend correction in thighs, flexing of the calves in high-heel position).

Post edited by Herschel Hoffmeyer on

Comments

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Nice! I look forward to her release.

• She looks lovely. Can you add the tattoos individually or is it all or none?
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

@Alliekatblue looks like its all or none.  

She is gorgeous and the tattoos look excellent.

• Thanks and yes, tats or no tats as options.

• Well bought here without further ado to support you going into character morphs. There are a couple of findings though:

# Tattoo's: Why not more selective options?
    Like the way you did the tattoos as part of the skin but would like more flexibility. Don't personally like "stocking tattoos" so it would be great to have options for appyling the main body tattoo, the arm tattoo and said stockings. Maybe with an update?

# Tattoo's Why 4 eyes? Are the 4 eyes on the girls face on the arm on purpose? Do look somehow off to me.

# Alternative nipples
    Those are mentioned in one promo image but I cannot find those in the final product?

# Gens texture
    Especially for the taatoos it would be a good thing to include dedicated gens textures. Also maybe with an update?

• Herschel HoffmeyerHerschel Hoffmeyer Posts: 586
    edited September 2021

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Well bought here without further ado to support you going into character morphs. There are a couple of findings though:

# Tattoo's: Why not more selective options?
    Like the way you did the tattoos as part of the skin but would like more flexibility. Don't personally like "stocking tattoos" so it would be great to have options for appyling the main body tattoo, the arm tattoo and said stockings. Maybe with an update?

# Tattoo's Why 4 eyes? Are the 4 eyes on the girls face on the arm on purpose? Do look somehow off to me.

# Alternative nipples
    Those are mentioned in one promo image but I cannot find those in the final product?

# Gens texture
    Especially for the taatoos it would be a good thing to include dedicated gens textures. Also maybe with an update?

I don't have the tattoos seperated so it reduces file size or else it would add more x4096 maps. If you have an image editor like photoshop this would be rather easy to remove and add whatever tattoos you prefer.

The alternative nipples were removed during the PASS process and I sent them an updated image to use in the store but it was never updated.

The tattoo of the girl with 4-eyes is just the design of it. I think she is suppose to be demon-like or god-like. Definitely not human. Again, this is just a preference, some will like it, others won't. That's the main problem with adding tattoos.

For gens textures, for what gens are you referring to? The add-ons that I'm aware of replace the area with their own textures.

• The "default ones" from DAZ

• Rod Wise Driggo said:

The "default ones" from DAZ

I don't have those installed, have to find them and see what I can work up.

• ThyranqThyranq Posts: 584

She is PHENOMENAL! Got a render going now, and I can already tell she's going to be one of my go-to characters. I did my own morph, as I always do, but started by putting in a fair amount of the body and head morph to build off of. Thanks for this amazing character!

• Herschel Hoffmeyer said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

I missed these textures, too. The "Genesis 8 female anatomical elements" that IIRC come with every base character pro bundle - certainly the older 8.0 ones.

The boots in the final promo an upcoming product or something else? Just what I've been looking for :)

Apart from that, great stuff and as always - not just good, but different. 

• ThyranqThyranq Posts: 584

Render is finished!

List of items and all that available in the gallery

edited September 2021

Gorgeous! Only thing I did was decrease breast size some because it was distorting the outfit to much.

Items used and a also the mostly unedited version (exposure adjustment) available in the gallery.

SexySableTM092021.jpg
    2170 x 1974 - 2M
    Post edited by Daventaki on
  • N3p3nth3 said:

Herschel Hoffmeyer said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

The boots in the final promo an upcoming product or something else? Just what I've been looking for :)

They 'were' apart of the upcoming "Umbra" outfit but were switched out with other heels as I feel it didn't quite fill the look I was going for on the outfit. I am making expansions for this upcoming outfit like I did for the Mystique line so I will try and include them in one of them.

• Thyranq said:

Render is finished!

Awesome render! Love the mad max theme and the personality of the render to match.

• Daventaki said:

Gorgeous! Only thing I did was decrease breast size some because it was distorting the outfit to much.

Items used and a also the mostly unedited version (exposure adjustment) available in the gallery.

This is very breath-taking with the lighting and mood. Absolutely love it!

• Herschel Hoffmeyer said:

N3p3nth3 said:

Herschel Hoffmeyer said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

They 'were' apart of the upcoming "Umbra" outfit but were switched out with other heels as I feel it didn't quite fill the look I was going for on the outfit. I am making expansions for this upcoming outfit like I did for the Mystique line so I will try and include them in one of them.

Hope you manage to squeeze them in! Boots like that and a genesis 8.1 equivalent of "Brenna for Ophelia 7" are basically the last two things I really NEED :D 

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 885
    edited September 2021

Amazing character, but I have an issue with a bit sticking out on the back of her right leg towards the inner side.

Clipboard02.jpg
    994 x 741 - 158K
    Post edited by ioonrxoon on

I did not experience this?  I just loaded her up and tried several different poses and did not have this issue.  Could you give us your steps?

• Strange, I didn't do anything, just loaded her and checked that area for any marks that are on some characters, which was when I noticed it. I didn't apply any poses. I'll try redownloading.

• ioonrxoon said:

Strange, I didn't do anything, just loaded her and checked that area for any marks that are on some characters, which was when I noticed it. I didn't apply any poses. I'll try redownloading.

Did redownloading fix the problem? Is Sayble the only morph you have applied?

• No, it didn't change anything. I don't have other morphs active; I looked at the hidden ones and turning down pJCM_Sayble_ThighR_Bend_35 gets rid of it, or at least covers it.

• Herschel HoffmeyerHerschel Hoffmeyer Posts: 586
    edited September 2021

ioonrxoon said:

No, it didn't change anything. I don't have other morphs active; I looked at the hidden ones and turning down pJCM_Sayble_ThighR_Bend_35 gets rid of it, or at least covers it.

Ok, I think I got it fixed, you can notice it on the right thigh, when bend backward 35, and when resoultion is at a subdivision is at a 3 or higher.

Here is a link to the fix if you can test it out and make sure it works for you. If so, I get it sent in to daz for a product update.

• I can't dl it, it's asking for a login.

• I attached the file to this post so you should be able to grab it here.

zip
    zip
    HH Sayble 8.1 Fix.zip
  • That worked, thanks for the quick fix.

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,453

Herschel. Herschel. Herschel. You ARE KILLING it SON! Amazing work, AGAIN!

Herschel Hoffmeyer said:

Thyranq said:

Render is finished!

Awesome render! Love the mad max theme and the personality of the render to match.

• N3p3nth3N3p3nth3 Posts: 129

Since you were wondering about the sales, I'm going to be honest here: while I like the character, I'm not as blown away by her as I am by pretty much all the rest of your work. Compared to the version we saw in the Mystique 2 promos (at least it's my understanding that was an early draft of this character), everything seems a bit dialed to 150 %, if you catch my drift. The morphs and amount of ink on the tattood version are on the OTT side.

If you were to return to the more understated, slightly less inked variant, it might be an easier sell? I mean, I could probably just open up DIM and uninstall most of my characters :D

• ShortlegDoggoShortlegDoggo Posts: 117
    edited October 2021

N3p3nth3 said:

Since you were wondering about the sales, I'm going to be honest here: while I like the character, I'm not as blown away by her as I am by pretty much all the rest of your work. Compared to the version we saw in the Mystique 2 promos (at least it's my understanding that was an early draft of this character), everything seems a bit dialed to 150 %, if you catch my drift. The morphs and amount of ink on the tattood version are on the OTT side.

If you were to return to the more understated, slightly less inked variant, it might be an easier sell? I mean, I could probably just open up DIM and uninstall most of my characters :D

I personally love the way she looks. (And her skin detail... WOW!) I guess I would rather work with a character with unique, striking features I can blend in/out if I feel the need to, as opposed to a character without features that stand out to me. It's usually easy enough to dial features down, but strengthening them can be trickier, you know?

But... I do agree on the ink. Few people are neutral on tattoos--it seems to be a "love it or hate it" kind of thing--and neck tattoos specifically carry serious stigma even among people who might otherwise like some tats. Having those tats in the main image seems like a bit of a risk because someone might not realize that's the only reason they're not crazy about the character. Their initial reaction might be mixed or even negative because of the ink, and that's all it takes for them to keep scrolling even though they're optional. A lot of our decisions are made on a subconscious level.

I'm a professional artist too (but not a PA so I could be completely off-base) and taking a risk can absolutely make something take off, but if something falls flat, I'll generally revise it. I have to wonder if an inkless render for her main image would help? It's a shame she isn't more popular because she's for sure one of my top three favorite characters.

Anyway, just my probably unwanted two cents. smiley

Post edited by ShortlegDoggo on
  • N3p3nth3N3p3nth3 Posts: 129

LongRedDog said:

N3p3nth3 said:

I personally love the way she looks. (And her skin detail... WOW!) I guess I would rather work with a character with unique, striking features I can blend in/out if I feel the need to, as opposed to a character without features that stand out to me. It's usually easy enough to dial features down, but strengthening them can be trickier, you know?

But... I do agree on the ink. Few people are neutral on tattoos--it seems to be a "love it or hate it" kind of thing--and neck tattoos specifically carry serious stigma even among people who might otherwise like some tats. Having those tats in the main image seems like a bit of a risk because someone might not realize that's the only reason they're not crazy about the character. Their initial reaction might be mixed or even negative because of the ink, and that's all it takes for them to keep scrolling even though they're optional. A lot of our decisions are made on a subconscious level.

I'm a professional artist too (but not a PA so I could be completely off-base) and taking a risk can absolutely make something take off, but if something falls flat, I'll generally revise it. I have to wonder if an inkless render for her main image would help? It's a shame she isn't more popular because she's for sure one of my top three favorite characters.

Anyway, just my probably unwanted two cents. smiley

You're absolutely right, of course. In fact I was thinking of mentioning that what I was expecting was finally the "perfect out of the box character" but what I instead got was a character whose morphs and textures I can use in a bunch of different projects.  

• Had a rabbit hole moment and dialed in around 67% Sayble and played around with some new shaders. Then did some postwork to make it a more illustrated look.

Sayble Treasure1.jpg
    1800 x 1112 - 2M