List of Genesis (1) textures with V4, V5, Genesis Female UV sets

SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
edited July 2013 in The Commons

I just thought I would start a thread that listed which Genesis 1 textures would currently work with Genesis 2 Female. Some with V4 UV maps would require the Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female product by MallenLane.

*A note from bringho, concerning YT Justin and Julie textures and the V4 UV mapping:

bringho said:
Thanks for this initiative, I'll add whatever I can as soon as I'm back at home to my Daz PC, in the mean time please note the following:

When I created the Corrected V4 UV for Genesis I verified a number of textures created for Genesis using the V4 uv map. To my surprise the textures for Young Teen Julie and Young Teen Justin seem to have been created for the original (defunct) V4 uv map for Genesis. They just look odd when using my correction.

These textures will probabaly look awkvard on Genesis 2 Basic Female with the V4 uv created for the new mesh so I would advice agains using them on Genesis 2 unless one first convert them to another more compatible uv set.

I will update this first post as more are suggested later in the thread. I also included whether the texture needs to be converted to DUF before using, since many are still in other formats.

Genesis Textures with V4 UV Maps:
Aaron for Young Teen Justin
Addison
Alisha for V4 and Genesis (needs conversion to .duf)
Alysa Character and Hair (needs conversion to .duf)
Amaterasu
Anabelle (needs conversion to .duf)
Andrea for Young Teen Julie
Brianne
Cat Character and Hair
Chablis for Genesis/V4 (needs conversion to .duf)
Chibi Girl for Genesis (needs conversion to .duf)
Colleen (by adamthwaites) (needs conversion to .duf)
Daiyu V5 (needs conversion to .duf)
Desiree (needs conversion to .duf)
Edward Odd
Emelie Odd
Jasmin for Genesis (needs conversion to .duf)
Leyla
Lienna for V4 and Genesis (needs conversion to .duf)
Livia
Lora for V5
Lora for V5 and Young Teens V4
Lorella
Manami for Genesis (needs conversion to .duf)
MM Paloma
MM Summer
NautiCallie
Nishta
PD Claudia (needs conversion to .duf)
Riley for Stephanie 5
Satsuki for Genesis
SAV Eirene (needs conversion to .duf)
Shanti (by adamthwaites) (needs conversion to .duf)
Sosie V4/V5 (needs conversion to .duf)
Summer (character and hair)
Young Teen Julie
Young Teen Justin

Genesis Textures with V5 UV Maps:
Bree for V5 (also known as default V5 Texture)
Elite Texture - Nichole
Eri International (needs conversion to .duf)
Gabi for V5
Gabriella for V5
Gem for V5
Leah for V5
Niara
Olivia
Sensual Skin for V5 (.DSF file - which loads onto Genesis 2 Female OK)
Sirena V5
Tori for V5
Valerie for V5

Textures with Genesis Female UV Maps:
Cat Girl
Mavka for Genesis (needs conversion to .duf)
Popobawa
Minami

Genesis Textures with Stephanie 5 UV Maps:
Stephanie 5 (Michelle texture)
Elite Texture - Joanie
Candace (needs conversion to .duf)
Keira

Genesis Textures with A5 UV Maps:
Anastaysia for A5
Aiko 5
Azumi for A5

I hope anyone will find this list useful, having it in one place.

Post edited by Slosh on

Comments

• Dino GrampsDino Gramps Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for this, Slosh. I will go through what I have and report back.

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,131
    edited June 2013

These are my Genesis textures which are not on your list.

Colleen (by adamthwaites) (needs conversion to .duf)
    Lora for V5
    PD Claudia (needs conversion to .duf)
    SAV Eirene (needs conversion to .duf)
    Shanti (by adamthwaites) (needs conversion to .duf)
    Sosie V4/V5 (needs conversion to .duf)

Elite Texture - Nichole
    Sensual Skin for V5 (.DSF file - which loads onto Genesis 2 Female OK)

Genesis Textures with Stephanie 5 UV Maps:
    Stephanie 5 (Michelle texture)
    Elite Texture - Joanie
    Candace (needs conversion to .duf)
    Keira

EDIT: I'm including Stephanie 5 textures because I don't think we should forget about her!

Post edited by Cayman Studios on
  • Dino GrampsDino Gramps Posts: 0
    edited June 2013

Addison
    Cat Character and Hair

Gabriella for V5
    Gem for V5
    Leah for V5

Anastaysia for A5

Post edited by Dino Gramps on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

sjhayes2 said:

Addison
    Cat Character and Hair

Gabriella for V5
    Gem for V5
    Leah for V5

Anastaysia for A5

Eri International uses V5 UV. Still needs to be converted to duf

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited December 1969

it is handy to know V4 faces (lips, nostrils) work with V5
    (and Genesis 2 V5 uv set, you can just chose it for the face) j
    ust a matter of blending in on seams for "made up" looks

• Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited June 2013

Here are some that I have that haven't been listed yet:

V4 UV mapped:

Amaterasu
    Brianne
    Lorella
    NautiCallie
    Leyla
    Nishta
    Livia
    Summer (character and hair)
    MM Summer
    MM Paloma

V5 UV mapped:

Sirena V5
    Olivia

Genesis 1 Female UV mapped:

Cat Girl
    Popobawa

Post edited by Pixel8ted on
  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

The Niara skin texture has the V5 UV map. I'm guessing it needs converted, since it won't load on Genesis 2.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited December 1969

Cayman said:
    EDIT: I'm including Stephanie 5 textures because I don't think we should forget about her!

Well ... neither S5 nor A5 textures will work on G2F out of the box, whether DUF or not. A5 comes closest -- comes very close, actually -- but neither will work without a full map transfer, or without someone coming up with a clone for them.

The Niara skin texture has the V5 UV map. I'm guessing it needs converted, since it won't load on Genesis 2.

Niara's textures are DSB/DSA format, so they will need to be converted.

• bringhobringho Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

Thanks for this initiative, I'll add whatever I can as soon as I'm back at home to my Daz PC, in the mean time please note the following:

When I created the Corrected V4 UV for Genesis I verified a number of textures created for Genesis using the V4 uv map. To my surprise the textures for Young Teen Julie and Young Teen Justin seem to have been created for the original (defunct) V4 uv map for Genesis. They just look odd when using my correction.

These textures will probabaly look awkvard on Genesis 2 Basic Female with the V4 uv created for the new mesh so I would advice agains using them on Genesis 2 unless one first convert them to another more compatible uv set.

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

bringho said:

That is good to know (about YT's and defunct mapping). I haven't even tried their textures on G2BF, but probably would have been disappointed if I had. I am copying your note and moving it to the first post so users will know immediately. Thank you

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited January 2014

Old post, but these also have V4 mapping.

Tsukiko A5
    Dark Elves
    MS Lycan (needs duf conversion)
    Rock Demon
    *FW Yasmin (needs duf conversion)
    *Rapture
    *ScarlettBlack
    *Sosie (needs duf conversion)
    *Princess
    Taiga
    *Tamesis (needs duf conversion)
    *Vyla

I assumed Lycan and Rock Demon would've been M4/M5, but nope, turns out they're V4.

( * = packaged with V4 version w/ Poser mats; handy for using Genesis in Poser w/ native Poser mats)

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • XP PointblankXP Pointblank Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Will add a couple that I've seen not listed so they can be added as well since this popped up again.

Weapons of Beauty: Katana (V4 UV, DAZ Subsurface Shader, Poser 9+ SSS/No SSS native mats)
    Weapons of Beauty: Kunai V5 (V5 UV, DAZ Subsurface Shader (both Non-SSS/SSS), Poser 9+ SSS/No SSS native mats)*

Kunai's release is immanent (this week hopefully) so I thought I would add her in.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,759
    edited December 1969

Will add a couple that I've seen not listed so they can be added as well since this popped up again.

Weapons of Beauty: Katana (V4 UV, DAZ Subsurface Shader, Poser 9+ SSS/No SSS native mats)
    Weapons of Beauty: Kunai V5 (V5 UV, DAZ Subsurface Shader (both Non-SSS/SSS), Poser 9+ SSS/No SSS native mats)*

Kunai's release is immanent (this week hopefully) so I thought I would add her in.

I missed this list the first time around, so thanks for updating.

On a side note, does anyone know of a similar database for the Genesis product at Rendo? Except for the new G2 stuff, I've made a rule of just assuming most items are V4 unless someone says otherwise.

edited December 1969

Pretty much all of the female Genesis characters at Rendo have V4 equivalents in the package, so it's a safe bet that the Genesis equivalent uses the V4 mapping.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Thanks this is a great reference :)

edited December 1969

Asobi is on V5. DUF presets for her over here: http://www.sharecg.com/v/74945/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Asobi-DUF-Conversion

• AntaraAntara Posts: 444
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much for this list! I've been hoping that one day DAZ will wisen up and include UV information and compatibility in character descriptions. I've lost count on how many characters I decided NOT to buy because that information was not available. Some of them are on this list, so now I can make better informed buying decisions and get some of them. Thank you! (And the vendors who sell those characters should thank you, too! :))

Is there a similar list for Genesis2 characters? I desperately need one, but forum search didn't give me any results.

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

I have been lobbying the texture artists to include this information on their product info pages. This list really needs an update, but honestly it seems beyond the scope of what I can do. Now there are dozens of textures advertised as being for this character or that character, but their uvs are belonging to another. For example, "Dana for Girl 6" (not a real product) uses Genesis 2 Base Female uvs, etc. It's a lot to keep up with, and I honestly think the PAs could increase their sales by letting people know what UV set was used. Someone who doesn't own Girl 6 would buy Dana because the uses the uvs that come free with Genesis 2 Female, but if they didn't know that, they would simply skip it in the store.

edited October 2014

Slosh said:
    I have been lobbying the texture artists to include this information on their product info pages. This list really needs an update, but honestly it seems beyond the scope of what I can do. Now there are dozens of textures advertised as being for this character or that character, but their uvs are belonging to another. For example, "Dana for Girl 6" (not a real product) uses Genesis 2 Base Female uvs, etc. It's a lot to keep up with, and I honestly think the PAs could increase their sales by letting people know what UV set was used. Someone who doesn't own Girl 6 would buy Dana because the uses the uvs that come free with Genesis 2 Female, but if they didn't know that, they would simply skip it in the store.

That is exactly my problem with it. With G2F there are so many unique UV characters now that it's hard to keep track of how many there currently are, let alone own all of them, and when characters list one of them as a requirement I always wonder whether the requirement is for the morphs working correctly or the UV. Having that clarified would be of so much value for the vendors themselves. I really don't see why they don't do it. Unless DAZ prohibits it, somehow, which would be really stupid all around.

Being able to search characters by UV set, would also be of a huge help and a selling point - when I am working with a particular set of UVs and need a different makeup or skin tone texture, but, don't want to switch out the displacement or normal maps, it would be so useful to type the uv set for a specific character into the search engine and get all available characters for it, and an instant sale for those characters! Where as now I go to the store, get frustrated, say "f*** it", leave, and opt for frankensteining what I need in Photoshop out of the textures I already have. This actually happened on more than a dozen occasions by now, with the store having the characters that looked like what I needed, but since I didn't know the UV sets, I got mad and left to do it myself, even though I would have much rather spent the money to avoid the time-costly Photoshop session which was the inevitable result.

Please feel free to quote this to whatever vendors you talk to. If you need, I can even go back into the store and give a rather long list of characters I would have bought if not for this, since I remember most of my searches for this - stressful experiences tend to stick in the memory >:(.

Post edited by Antara on
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Thanks so much for this list, Slosh! Here's another for the list...by smay

Stalker Girl V4UV

(and she's duf supplied already)

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

I'm sometimes wondering if DAZ wouldn't benefit a bit from making the UV's themselves free and not force people to buy an entire character just so they can use another character they actually want to buy.

And I'm not saying this because I want a lot of free stuff, I have all gen6 characters, I don't have this problem, but I fear that the current situation may further discourage content creators to make use the various UV's.

edited December 1969

Barubary said:
    I'm sometimes wondering if DAZ wouldn't benefit a bit from making the UV's themselves free and not force people to buy an entire character just so they can use another character they actually want to buy.

And I'm not saying this because I want a lot of free stuff, I have all gen6 characters, I don't have this problem, but I fear that the current situation may further discourage content creators to make use the various UV's.

Oh, I think this is an absolutely brilliant idea! Can we communicate it to DAZ?

This way DAZ can emphasize the great supporting textures they provide with each character's UV set, such as, say, vein or muscle displacement maps, or normal maps, which other characters made for the same UV set can make use of (if the person bought the full character and not just got the free UV set), but the other characters would work and be fully usable even if the person doesn't have the full base character and only has the free UV set. This way any PA character can have an extra promo with the base character's, say, displacement map mixed in, and it would be an instant extra ad for DAZ as it would encourage more people to invest in the base character.

As it is, I am not investing in Lee 6, because even though I love the maps that come with the base, I understand that I am likely not going to see another character created for his UV set - ever, and therefore those basic maps are the only ones I'm ever going to have. But I love the look of his normal maps and would love to be able to apply them to a greater variety of characters - more variety of skin tones, skin textures, etc. The shader systems are now complex and versatile, it would be easy to combine maps from different characters to get a desired look, but for that the maps themselves must belong to the same UV set. And if the only maps for this UV set are from the base and then,maybe, if you are very lucky, at most 3-5 other characters, it doesn't make for a very versatile set, does it?