DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.3.52, General Release, Now Available for Download!

Comments

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

ccbn213 said:
    I said that it was the plugins that weren't working at the start of this question. I got the plugin for Luxrender working but Reality, Dynamic clothing and Garibaldi hair are not. I reinstalled the others but I got nothing. Not even the free version of Dynamic clothing even though I have the full version.
    Please file a support ticket so we can get to the bottom of this.
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Spooky when we getting a new version ?
    Been a long time with out new version .
    Are we going to have to wait for version 5 ?

edited December 1969

bigh said:

When it is ready, and not before. :)

Numbering is a Marketing decision.

edited December 1969

bigh said:

Wednesday then :-)

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Hi,

I'm having problems with using the weightmapping tool in this version crashing...is there any way to get a link to an older more stable version of 4.6?

thanks

Pen

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

I'm so glad I never upgraded to this version and I'm usually one that does right off the bat. I got another person in another forum that's in dire straights trying to get some products finished and DS keeps crashing out on him using the weight mapping area. Very frustrating!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Question. is there a way to create a NON symmetrical pair of pants or shirt and have the rig transfer work well along with the transferred weight mapping?

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    bigh said:

Wednesday then :-)

maybe this week :-)

• 3dbug3dbug Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

I would like to install 4.6.pro on the same hard disk as my current running version, which is 4.5. Will this create problems, or can both co-exist without problems?

• BTLProdBTLProd Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

I would like to install 4.6.pro on the same hard disk as my current running version, which is 4.5. Will this create problems, or can both co-exist without problems?
    Unless one is a beta, which didn't happen until the 4.6 cycle and there is no beta for 4.6.3.52, then you should not have two versions of DS 4+ installed on the same computer, regardless of what drives they are on, as they do conflict with each other.

I don't know why you would want to do that, as there have been many bug fixes and features added since 4.5, but you shouldn't.

edited December 1969

Unless one is a beta, which didn't happen until the 4.6 cycle and there is no beta for 4.6.3.52, then you should not have two versions of DS 4+ installed on the same computer, regardless of what drives they are on, as they do conflict with each other.

I don't know why you would want to do that, as there have been many bug fixes and features added since 4.5, but you shouldn't.

And the official answer is "what he said."

• 3dbug3dbug Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

Thanks guys!

BTW -- I have 4.6 on one drive and 4.5 on another, and there've been absolutely no problems. I will, however, not try to install both on the same drive. Regarding why one might want to have previous versions of DAZ: there are too many reasons for me to go into that now (I also have DAZ3, but it lived peacefully with 4.5 on the same drive).

edited December 1969

Thanks guys!

BTW -- I have 4.6 on one drive and 4.5 on another, and there've been absolutely no problems. I will, however, not try to install both on the same drive. Regarding why one might want to have previous versions of DAZ: there are too many reasons for me to go into that now (I also have DAZ3, but it lived peacefully with 4.5 on the same drive).

It isn't what is in the individual Daz Studio folders that is the problem, it is what is in places like Appdata, that causes the conflicts.
  • vlargevlarge Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I think there may be a problem with geografting onto Olympia6 and Gianni6. Also, there may be an odd scaling issue on load.

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

There is long time no Beta Version of DAZ Studio available for anyone. I would like to know, on what you working for upcoming versions and i#m sure, that more users wnat know that too.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...yeah, been a bit. For a while it seemed you couldn't turn around without there being another beta update.

I remember a similar thing with Daz 3.1, no updates for a while, then *poof* 4.0 appeared.

...could the release of Daz 5.0 be on the horizon (which means all our plugins won't work again until updated)?

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...could the release of Daz 5.0 be on the horizon (which means all our plugins won't work again until updated)?

wash your mouth out with soap. :P :)
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

There's obviously been work going on, even if the results have yet to be made available http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#private_channel

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

wash your mouth out with soap. :P :)
    ...:cheese:
    edited October 2014

There's obviously been work going on, even if the results have yet to be made available http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#private_channel

...*sigh*, still no .3ds import.
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

I'd like this as well, but I suspect a .3ds option would have the same problems I frequently have converting meshes with PoseRay — if it's been exported from 3DSMAX the wrong way, it'll still blow up no matter how you try to import it into another program.
    edited October 2014

...as I understand ".MAX" is a slightly different format than ".3ds".

Many really nice freebies I've seen are in regular .3ds format which imports fine into Hexagon but leaves me with a totally untextured .obj with no set material zones and a lot of "little parts" with cryptic names that I have to group together, then select and tag with the Geometry Editor to set up the proper surface zones. Incredibly tedious.

I could never get Poseray to work quite right for me.

It leads me to wonder if it is that terribly difficult to save and export a model created in 3DS as a textured .obj? Doing so would get more downloads and exposure for the model's creator

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • VitachickVitachick Posts: 135
    edited December 1969

where is the Win64 bit version? The D/L is for 32 bit

edited December 1969

Which download? The Install Manager, if you use that, is 32 bit but it should then offer you 32 and 64 bit versions of DS - as long as you have that option set in the Download Filters (button at top-left).

• stronghandsstronghands Posts: 104
    edited December 1969

What happened to my Dynamic Cloth plugin? Or, more specifically, why can't I find a place to add my serial number so I can get full functionality back after having installed the new release?

edited December 1969

What happened to my Dynamic Cloth plugin? Or, more specifically, why can't I find a place to add my serial number so I can get full functionality back after having installed the new release?

Uninstall and reinstall the Control plug-in - you probably have only the basic installed if you either didn't take the update or allowed DIM to do DS and all plug-ins in one go.

• stronghandsstronghands Posts: 104
    edited December 1969

That did the trick. Thank you Richard.

edited December 1969

Which download? The Install Manager, if you use that, is 32 bit but it should then offer you 32 and 64 bit versions of DS - as long as you have that option set in the Download Filters (button at top-left).

Sorry about that...Saw 32 bit install and stopped the d/l

edited December 1969

Got it on both Win32 and Win64 comps...Maybe in the future you can make the search engine
    faster??? I remember Finder Daz3 it was super fast....

Also question...Files/data base??? why two also the letters etc...Sometimes unless
    I knew the name of what I was trying to find, search came up with nothing..

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

one of the main reasons I decided I had to learn Blender.
    but it's long overdue in Studio