Victoria 4.2 Shapes++ and Elite Ethnic Morphs aren't working properly on a Mac running Poser 10

will shetterlywill shetterly Posts: 278
edited April 2019 in New Users

I have Morphs++ and Ethnic Morphs for both Michael 4 and Victoria 4, and they work fine for Michael, so I don't think I'm making the most basic noob mistakes. I might be making more advanced noob mistakes, of course, but here's my problem:

When I load Morphs++ for Victoria 4.2, I can't see any new parameter dials, and when I load the Elite Morphs, is morph dials are there in one huge alphabetical list, rather than divided up the way they are with Michael. So I can work with Elite Morphs, but I have to scroll through the huge list to find what I want, and I can't work directly with Morphs ++ at all. I tried loading something that required Morphs ++, and it worked, so the morphs are loaded, but the controls aren't accessible.

It looks like the same problem turned up in this thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/30603/ But while I can follow basic commands for tweaking program files, I didn't understand enough to fix the problem here. Help, please!

Post edited by DAZ_Bcreek1 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

Have you tried rerunning the \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\CreateExPFiles-v4.command file?

• will shetterlywill shetterly Posts: 278
    edited December 1969

Terminal scares me, but if that's what I have to do, I'll give it a try. I was hoping there was an update I hadn't gotten or something that had gone into the wrong folder. It seems so odd that Morphs++ works with Michael and not with Victoria. Ah, well. I'll report back in a few hours with the result.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

It should be enough to go to that folder and double-click the file, no need to open Terminal. That's certainly how the .bat file for Windows works.

edited December 1969

I think I'm having the same problem with V4 as Macmorphosis in the discussion in the other thread was having with both M4 and V4, which makes me wonder if the M4 Mac files got upgraded, but the V4 ones didn't. When I double-click CreateExPFiles-v4, I'm told I don't have permission, even though when I check info, it says I can read-write. Should I post my problem in that thread in the hope that someone who solved it can explain it simply enough for me?

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited October 2014

I think I'm having the same problem with V4 as Macmorphosis in the discussion in the other thread was having with both M4 and V4, which makes me wonder if the M4 Mac files got upgraded, but the V4 ones didn't. When I double-click CreateExPFiles-v4, I'm told I don't have permission, even though when I check info, it says I can read-write. Should I post my problem in that thread in the hope that someone who solved it can explain it simply enough for me?

The permissions are two fold, has to be correct on both CreateExPFiles-v4.command and on the program DzCreateExPFiles.app that runs the script.

In the terminal move to the !DAZ directory in Runtime/libraries. Easiest way is to go there in the finder, then start the terminal and type cd with a space after it, then drag the !DAZ from the finderwindow titlebar to the terminal window and then hit return

Turbo:~ totte$ cd /Volumes/DuoDisk/DAZBoot/DAZ3Content/Runtime/libraries/\!DAZ

Type the following to see the privs
    ls -ls DzCreateExPFiles-V4.command
    16 -rw-rw-rw- 1 totte staff 110 1 Maj 2007 DzCreateExPFiles-V4.command

As you see, DzCreateExPFiles-V4.command has only read and write, but not the x (execute) bit set, try the following:

chmod +x DzCreateExPFiles-V4.command

16 -rwxrwxrwx 1 totte staff 110 1 Maj 2007 DzCreateExPFiles-V4.command

Now it has the execution bits set correctly

Now try doubleclick the script.

Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 1969

Totte, thanks for stepping in. I'm still pretty clueless, though. I only got this far with Terminal:

Last login: Tue Oct 21 08:42:00 on console
    will-shetterlys-imac:~ will$ cd /Users/Shared/\*\ M\ \&\ V/Runtime/libraries/\!DAZ
    will-shetterlys-imac:!DAZ will$ s -ls DzCreateExPFiles-V4.command
    -bash: s: command not found
    will-shetterlys-imac:!DAZ will$

Hmm. I have Michael and Victoria and their morphs in their own runtime, "* M & V". Could the asterisk at the front of its name be causing problems with Terminal?

edited December 1969

Totte, thanks for stepping in. I'm still pretty clueless, though. I only got this far with Terminal:

Last login: Tue Oct 21 08:42:00 on console
    will-shetterlys-imac:~ will$ cd /Users/Shared/\*\ M\ \&\ V/Runtime/libraries/\!DAZ
    will-shetterlys-imac:!DAZ will$ s -ls DzCreateExPFiles-V4.command
    -bash: s: command not found
    will-shetterlys-imac:!DAZ will$

Hmm. I have Michael and Victoria and their morphs in their own runtime, "* M & V". Could the asterisk at the front of its name be causing problems with Terminal?

Sorry, DAMN Bolding took away the l

lol, I fix my post too, sorry

edited October 2014

I think we're getting somewhere, but it's not there yet. Here's what happens when I doubleclick DzCreateExPFiles-V4-v4.command:

Last login: Tue Oct 21 14:25:30 on ttys000
    will-shetterlys-imac:~ will$ /Users/Shared/\*\ M\ \&\ V/Runtime/libraries/\!DAZ/DzCreateExPFiles-V4.command ; exit;
    /Users/Shared/* M & V/Runtime/libraries/!DAZ/DzCreateExPFiles-V4.command: line 3: ./DzCreateExPFiles.app/Contents/MacOS/DzCreateExPFiles: Permission denied
    logout

[Process completed]

Richard Haseltine mentioned clicking a CreateExPFiles-v4.command file. I don't see that. I only see "DzCreateExPFiles-V4-v4". Are they the same?

PS. According to the "get info", I should be able to read and write to that file.

Post edited by will shetterly on
    edited December 1969

I think we're getting somewhere, but it's not there yet. Here's what happens when I doubleclick DzCreateExPFiles-V4-v4.command:

Last login: Tue Oct 21 14:25:30 on ttys000
    will-shetterlys-imac:~ will$ /Users/Shared/\*\ M\ \&\ V/Runtime/libraries/\!DAZ/DzCreateExPFiles-V4.command ; exit;
    /Users/Shared/* M & V/Runtime/libraries/!DAZ/DzCreateExPFiles-V4.command: line 3: ./DzCreateExPFiles.app/Contents/MacOS/DzCreateExPFiles: Permission denied
    logout

[Process completed]

Richard Haseltine mentioned clicking a CreateExPFiles-v4.command file. I don't see that. I only see "DzCreateExPFiles-V4-v4". Are they the same?

PS. According to the "get info", I should be able to read and write to that file.

Quick list of things:
    - Get info never shows execute permissions.
    - If you have "hide extensions" on i Finder you wont see the .command (I always have show extensions on, it's in finder prefs).

OK, it looks like you don't have permissions to execute the binary in "DzCreateExPFiles.app/Contents/MacOS/DzCreateExPFiles", which is the actual code (I said this is a twofold problem remember.
    So, now when you are in the terminal in the !DAZ directory, do

chmod +x ./DzCreateExPFiles.app/Contents/MacOS/DzCreateExPFiles
    Then try again, it might say "you have no permission to do that, then you need to sudo the command

sudo chmod +x ./DzCreateExPFiles.app/Contents/MacOS/DzCreateExPFiles

This will ask for you password to do it, but remember to type it correctly or it will do what you tells it to do, not what you wnat it do do, as all machines does.

edited December 1969

Success! I turned on "show extensions" and redid what you originally suggested. That didn't seem to make a difference. Then I tried the "chmod +x ./DzCreateExPFiles.app/Contents/MacOS/DzCreateExPFiles" and that seemed to make the difference, because the screen was briefly very busy. I didn't need to sudo the command, anyway.

Thanks for walking me through it!

edited December 1969

Glad to hear you've done it, you just leveled up in terminal usage!