3D Art Freebie Challenge-Discussion About Monthly Themes!

SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
edited August 2021 in Freebies

This is going to be discussions on the Freebie Challenge Monthly themes

So if you have any ideas you would like to share with us plz feel free to get them posted in this thread!!!

Post edited by Saphirewild on

Comments

• pericolopericolo Posts: 207

A good idea! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to suggest themes.So I start: what about food? I think it's a good theme for a contest...

• Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820

How about a featured freebie challenge where all entries have to include a chosen freebie for the month?

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950
    edited August 2021

To be honest I wish I could get some kind of my story trough this contests going, for me fantasy themes are best or anything fantastic, though I am up for anything. Pinups also are good and nice maybe party or events like that. Also maybe two or more themes could be for people to choose heart. Also I wish limits on freebies and paid products to be relaxed, for freebies maybe 3 or even one, and for paid products unlimited. I think focus should be on good and creative use of freebies or just one freebie spotlight. Those are my thoughts.

Post edited by MilosGulan on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,767
    edited August 2021

Not 100% sure if this is supposed to be a discussion about how the contest is run, or if you´re just looking for new themes for the upcoming contests...

If it´s the former... I think the themes have been really fun so far!
    There are some that we've had a few times now, maybe we can avoid those for a while (flowers, spring weather...) but otherwise I don't feel a major overhaul is necessary.
    (And I don´t think the rules should be relaxed, for what it´s worth.)

If it´s the latter, here´s some random ideas:

- Underground

- Topsy Turvy

- Bright Lights

- Outside looking in / Inside looking out

- Impact!

- Robots are our friends and/or overlords

- Scandalous!

- Leave me alone!

- Music to my ears

- The Secret

- ... best served cold

- Surprise!

- The Plan

- Speak and Spell

- Roots

- Glamour!

- High Speed / Slow Down

- The Darkness

Post edited by Hylas on
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,273

I like this idea, will see what I can come up with over the next few days.

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,775

How about "At the Movies"? People could do renders of people going to the movies, but they could also recreate famous movie scenes using freebies. On a similar note, "At the Art Gallery."

• A few suggestrions for themes: 

- Historical

- Happily Ever After... 

- Lost in Translation

- In Your Dreams

- Good Intentions

- Went Better Than Expected

- Should Have Taken That Left Turn...

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited September 2021

How about pairs of mostly unrelated things (alliteration optional), such as:

• Aviators and acrobats
    • Monsters and microwaves
    • Pirates and puppets
    • Cephalopods and sesquipedalophobes (?!)
    • Skellingtons and wellingtons ? (Dukes of or otherwise)

Another type of idea - how about something more to do with the how than the what, to get people trying things they don't usually do ? For example:

• "By the light of a candle" - render anything you want but the only lighting you're allowed is a single point light for the candle
    • "Shadows" - use whatever lights you want, but your render must feature interesting shadows (I don't mean Hank Marvin and the lads)

And how about a non-Halloween theme for October - say "Oktoberfest MonsterMash!", or "The Hunt For Red Oktober MonsterMash!" or "Oktopoidal Oktober MonsterMash!"

Edited to add:

"Oktoplasmic MonsterMash" ? 

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,767

3dcheapskate said:

And how about a non-Halloween theme for October - say "Oktoberfest MonsterMash!", or "The Hunt For Red Oktober MonsterMash!" or "Oktopoidal Oktober MonsterMash!"

Roger Moore as Ian Fleming's James Bond 007 in... Oktobussy?

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,046
    edited August 2021
    I am at a slight loss as how to answer. Either you're likely to be inspired by the topic suggested, or you're not. If you are, fantastic. If not, that's a shame, maybe next month. Not sure there is a lot more to say. Inspirons of inspiration are relatively rare in my neck of the woods at the best of times, so I feel I have had a good run this year. The requirement to list the freebies is arduous, and several times has taken me longer to meet than rendering the image, but I can understand and support why it's there. Topics: I have my preferences, but feel it's an imposition on others to specify them - what I like only infrequently includes what others like. From my point of view, the biggest difficulty is time to think up, polish and create the idea and work it into an acceptable render. All of that is entirely independent of the topic, being totally dependent on what is happening in my immediate environment. It ain't broke yet, so please don't fix it until it is.
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • More inline with what lots do, how about a straight forward pin-up. Male - Female - or It. Lots of freebies of characters, clothes, hair, poses, etc. Could have some kind of twist to it, though that might turn a few off. Again, just an idea.

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793
    edited January 2022

Double entendre

idioms, come to life

Post edited by Chumly on
  • perlkperlk Posts: 846

Sky77 said:

How about a featured freebie challenge where all entries have to include a chosen freebie for the month?

I feel like I did a contest like this years ago and it was REALLY great, forced everyone to be so creative. Somebody modeled some sort of weirdo thing and we all had to use it in some unique fashion. I'd totally do this one!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

perlk said:

Sky77 said:

I feel like I did a contest like this years ago and it was REALLY great, forced everyone to be so creative. Somebody modeled some sort of weirdo thing and we all had to use it in some unique fashion. I'd totally do this one!

When I did that type of theme a while ago no one really liked me changing things around from it used to be like before I took over but if you guys are willing I will try it again!!