The Cute Kids Thread

Comments

• edited May 2021

can you tell me what hair you used for this model 

t0mg said:

An "Artsy" backlit pic of a 2021 kid during the Covid-19 Global Pandemic, Year 2.

Mod Edit  ;to take the new text put of the quote 

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Wow, what a wonderful thread. I hope you don't mind me posting a wip i am working on, that has kids....well, 1 for now in it. cheeky I am a former poser user, that made the switch to daz studio. I was working on the piece in poser, but that gave me too much frustrations and decided to try my hand at studio. Works out great. I will stick with it. Don't be too harsh in your comment, still a wip and a newbie. wink

Render 1.png
    928 x 903 - 1M
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949
    edited July 2021

I think it's cute ,are you going to put something out side the window?

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • TarantanamirTarantanamir Posts: 33
    edited July 2021

carrie58 said:

I think it's cute ,are you going to put something out side the window?

Thank you for your kind comment. Yes, grass, rose vines, and there will be faeries in the room.

Post edited by Tarantanamir on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    edited July 2021

Tobyn has to be the cutest toddler Daz 3D has come up with!!

Mirical Tobyn.png
    900 x 1125 - 1M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
  • helgi66helgi66 Posts: 19

Trying out the new Roaring 20's Makeup Builder on my original character April.

In color or black and white - take your pick.

We caught up with our little starlet after a long night of dancing at the all-ages

speakeasy.

"Miss April, what's the scoop on that scuffle between you and a makeup artist?"

(April) "It's simple really; the old bat tried to cover up my freckles and wouldn't take

no for an answer, so I let her have it - Pow! - Right in the kisser! If I was a little

bigger I would have tossed her right out onto her keister!"

April Flapper Girl R 01.jpg
    1363 x 1169 - 925K
    April Flapper Girl RBW 01.jpg
    1363 x 1169 - 688K
  • clcny20clcny20 Posts: 176

Tarantanamir said:

Wow, what a wonderful thread. I hope you don't mind me posting a wip i am working on, that has kids....well, 1 for now in it. cheeky I am a former poser user, that made the switch to daz studio. I was working on the piece in poser, but that gave me too much frustrations and decided to try my hand at studio. Works out great. I will stick with it. Don't be too harsh in your comment, still a wip and a newbie. wink

This is adorable!  For a "newbie" you're kicking butt <3 

Glad to see this thread is alive and well.  Literally just getting into the swing of things again after contracting coronavirus and pnuemonia.  Feels good to be back.

Better late than never with this one.  I call it "4th of July At The Lake"

• clcny20 said:

Glad to see this thread is alive and well.  Literally just getting into the swing of things again after contracting coronavirus and pnuemonia.  Feels good to be back.

Oh, how cute is this, the look on the boys face...priceless. Thank you for your sweet comment. Glad you're on the mend. 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932

clcny20 said:

Really nice image :)

I thought most dogs were affraid of fireworks though, is that a misconception?

My nephew's dog has been with him since birth, and will go wherever he goes--even if that means near the vacuum, or anywhere else he might not venture if my nephew didn't.  Besides, I never go by the belief that "all ____ are _____".  Just like there are cats who love the water, and will sit in it forever if you don't get them out, there are def. dogs that won't run from firecrackers.

• helgi66helgi66 Posts: 19

Bringing the past to life with Daz Studio

I thought it would be an interesting challenge to recreate a young (ancient) Minoan girl

using Daz. My girl is a bit more modestly dressed; think of her as a descendent of

the young woman in the fresco. She's not the kind of girl I would typically make, and

I love that about her :)

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/2a/38419f7909e6e9b6e2ba307cc9262e.jpg

Minoan Girl Comparison.jpg
    1600 x 1004 - 1M

i love that idea, helgi66!  It sounds like fun, and you did a great job recreating!

I call this one "First Crush"

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

clcny20 said: I call this one "First Crush"

Oh boy, this has to be right before the teacher brings the whole class' attention to it, by clearing their throat and asking "Is there something taking your attention away from the lesson, James?" blush I love the dreamy, golden light. He liiiiiiikes her.

This is... Precious. She's a character from my joke story, where she's part of a terrible, terrible family of individuals who should never be related. Howevz, she does fulfill the "cute" requirement. She was designed to be ridiculously so. In my thread I described her as something like "a unicorn cupcake with sprinkles, but as a  human." Precious is on a constant suger high. She's the counterbalance to her older sisters, who are made from the essence of sour. (I won't post them here, because they're teens.)

@WinterMoon what hair are you using on Precious ?

• @Wintermoon. Lovely render. I still have a lot to learn, so was wondering how do you get the render so crisp ??

carrie58 said:

what hair are you using on Precious ?

It's the Double Tails with these shaderssmiley

Tarantanamir said:

Lovely render. I still have a lot to learn, so was wondering how do you get the render so crisp ??

Thank you! I'm still in the learning process myself! laugh To get sharp renders, you can change the pixel filter (under Render Settings - Filtering) to Mitchell. It doesn't have the slight blur that the Gaussian filter adds. I also set the pixel filter radius down to 1, which was a tip I was given as a newbie. This next part is not a recommendation, it's just something I do because "I can," but I usually set render quality up to at least 2, and converged ratio to 100%. 

• @Wintermoon, thanks for those tips. I will take the advice to heart.

edited August 2021

OK, so Baby Jane is a little undead, but still cute. Right? Jane's Precious' little sister. She had an unfortunate little spin in the water ride in the laundry room, about a year ago. Since then she's looked a little washed-out and malnourished. She doesn't sleep anymore, and mostly subsists on fruit juice. Precious still loves her little sister, though. Jane's just an ordinary baby sibling, as far as she's conserned.

Here's another one of Precious, out in the moonlit garden.

Post edited by WinterMoon on
  • @Wintermoon, those are great, specially Baby Jane laugh. I am still working on a large scene and render settings, but i wanted to show some progress. First 1 is Flick, not a big fan of Peter Pan cheeky. Second is the girl sleeping, she doesn't know, she has visitors. Last 1 is Tirsa, who's watching the girl and making sure, she doesn't wake up. The renders are still grainy, eventho i followed your advice. Still learning.

Flick Render Test.png
    942 x 903 - 1M
    Sweet Dreams.png
    942 x 903 - 1M
    Tirsa close up.png
    942 x 903 - 1M

@Tarantanamir Those are gorgeous! surprise heart I still get grain a lot, too. It's got to do with lighting, and lighting is really not my strong suit.

Omg, she's adorable WinterMoon!!!

edited September 2021

I call this one "Bump In The Night"

Trying to improve on my lighting with each new project.

Post edited by clcny20 on
  • Proving once again my theory that it's not that dark to fear, but that which goes bump in the dark.

Indeed, AgitatedRiot!

edited February 2022

I call this one "Beach Baby"

Post edited by clcny20 on

clcny20 said: I call this one "Beach Baby"

Aww! heart

just a girl and her cat