Released : Face To Face And Virtual Origins (Commercial)

13»

Comments

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732

Let me know if you need Beta testers (Smile) smiley

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020

V3Digitimes said:

What you ask (face to face controlled IK) will be possible with my next product, on Genesis 3, 8 and 8.1, allowing IK on arms/hands/fingers on a face to face principle (not released yet, I'll create a dedicated thread in the forum as soon as this new product will be about to be released).

I'm so excited to see this! 

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049

@Tugpsx : Thanks I'll have a look if I need more beta testers. I only miss one tester on an old mac (old not new).

@plasma_ring : thanks! right now making the full presentation video, acting as a documentation video rather than a promo one, for the ones who don't like to read docs. I plan also to make an ultra short video to show the base principle (create a target/select hand faces/apply script), because the documentation video is long (not because it is complicated but because there are many things you can do with it), and I don't want people to think it is complicated whereas it is only "complete".

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

V3Digitimes said:

@Tugpsx : Thanks I'll have a look if I need more beta testers. I only miss one tester on an old mac (old not new).

@plasma_ring : thanks! right now making the full presentation video, acting as a documentation video rather than a promo one, for the ones who don't like to read docs. I plan also to make an ultra short video to show the base principle (create a target/select hand faces/apply script), because the documentation video is long (not because it is complicated but because there are many things you can do with it), and I don't want people to think it is complicated whereas it is only "complete".

If you need someone on Intel Mac, running DS 4.15 on macOS Catalina, I would be available laugh 

• dziemian.paweldziemian.pawel Posts: 90
    edited July 2021

V3Digitimes said:

What you ask (face to face controlled IK) will be possible with my next product, on Genesis 3, 8 and 8.1, allowing IK on arms/hands/fingers on a face to face principle (not released yet, I'll create a dedicated thread in the forum as soon as this new product will be about to be released).

Also bought "Face to Face" thinking it would work that way. Any idea of a release date? I would buy it instantly because I think I would use it on a daily basis. Will you share the documentation in the product description so that the buyers would know what they're buying? Thank's in advance.

Post edited by dziemian.pawel on

Also running 4.15 on older iMac and MacBook Pro with BigSur. Yes it can easily be done if you still have your old 4.9-11 executable version and have been doing the updates also. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147

I understand that it moves the whole body. I find a lot of use for that. Here I easily placed Mabel on tiptoe on the RR track in an UltraScenery scene. The virtual origin is useful for rotating Mabel to face me, while keeping her foot in the same place, when I change my camera angle.

Mabel 8 on the tracks_002_Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 3M

barbult said:

I understand that it moves the whole body. I find a lot of use for that. Here I easily placed Mabel on tiptoe on the RR track in an UltraScenery scene. The virtual origin is useful for rotating Mabel to face me, while keeping her foot in the same place, when I change my camera angle.

By all means a very useful tool that has been overlooked by most users. That's why I was checking what it is capable of before recommending to students. I know some are going to ask the same questions i did so being prepared. wink

Thanks for your feedbacks everybody. I'm still on the video presentation right now, and as usually when I record such a video, I also update my documentation with things that I did not mention, or not mentionned the right way. For the tests I tested it myself on a new PC and on an old windows laptop (with Daz 4.12) and a PA friend of mine (who requested for this project actually) tested it on his brand new mac while I developped this. This is why an "old mac" is the only missing area of testing, even if I think that there should be no issue, this is why I don't know if I'll make those tests. I think I cannot make it compatible with versions of DS older than 4.12 because some functions might not work. I have no idea concerning the release date, the only thing I know is that I make all possible efforts to submit it as soon as possible, but I don't want to go to fast on the last steps neither. It should anyway be submitted during the first half of august. Concerning the share of the documentation, I'll link the presentation videos in the thread I will create for this specific product, and if it is possible to upload a pdf on the forum I will do it.

Concerning the face to face and virtual origin (of this specific thread), I'll have a look how to make it more clear, in the first post of this thread first then on the store page, that it does not change the bones pose of the figures, but only their spatial pose globally.

• Yes! Finally! I will pick it up today :)

edited September 2021

Thanks a lot, sorry it took so long, this should have gone much faster but I'm still handling health & pain issues!

edit : so that there is no confusion, the link to the autopose arms is this one : https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/522616/released-face-to-face-autopose-arms-commercial#latest

Post edited by V3Digitimes on
  • This product really makes easy work of placing a pizza slice on a plate, a beer on a table or even a meatball on the side of a beer glass if your experiments start to get silly. :D

Just tested this out with the dirty dishes bundles and it works really well. I like the fact the target can be re-used over and over if the target is first set on the table for instance and naturally can be moved around easily for placing more stuff.

I'm super happy with your feedback! What you did was one of the initial goals of this project (well, not specifically dishes, food, and meatball agains beer glasses but that's ok lol), so I'm really happy I could ease your process and make, for a little while, your life a bit easier ;)

Thanks a lot to share your feeling here :)

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 574

Is there a way to remove targets. I keep adding new ones to place different objects in different places, so the list gets long.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147

Quasar said:

Is there a way to remove targets. I keep adding new ones to place different objects in different places, so the list gets long.

They are just objects in the scene. Delete them like any other scene object.

• Yes that's what I generally do too. Simply delete them from the scene tab, and to find them faster, I enter "target" for instance in the "enter text to filter by" line at the top of the scene tab.