I get this error message VCRUNTIME140 every time I try to open DazConnect

What could be wrong?

Comments

• That isn't Daz Cionnect (which is aprt of daz Studio). It's the helper application that Install manager launches for anything that needs to be installed with elevated privileges (applications, plug-ins, and some others). You shouldn't be trying to run it directly. If you get that Daz Central (on the line below) then try its suggestion of uninstalling and reisntalling; if it still fails are you getting any errors while it is installing? What is your security software?

• mightguy15mightguy15 Posts: 56

That isn't Daz Cionnect (which is aprt of daz Studio). It's the helper application that Install manager launches for anything that needs to be installed with elevated privileges (applications, plug-ins, and some others). You shouldn't be trying to run it directly. If you get that Daz Central (on the line below) then try its suggestion of uninstalling and reisntalling; if it still fails are you getting any errors while it is installing? What is your security software?

McAfee and it's been doing this for daz central as well. It didn't so often that I thought the issue was that I wasn't supposed to click on Daz Central, so I tried to click the installer. That being said I did have a copy of daz studio before Central came out and I'm not sure if it's fully uninstalled I'm going to try to uninstall it when I get home and see if that does anything.
  • Have you tried disabling Mcafee temporarily? You may then need to reinstall Daz Central, if it is actually correct about lacking the runtime libraries rather than just being blocked from accessing them.

• mightguy15mightguy15 Posts: 56

Have you tried disabling Mcafee temporarily? You may then need to reinstall Daz Central, if it is actually correct about lacking the runtime libraries rather than just being blocked from accessing them.

I actually fixed it thank you for responding. Turns out the issue wasn't with Daz, it was with a program called Microsoft visual c++. When I deleted the original dance studio I deleted a file that contained code from the program visual c++, and apparently there is code in that program that's necessary for programs like daz to run. I went to the official Microsoft website redownload it the latest version of visual c++ and now everything is working perfectly fine.
  • I had assumed that Central/Install manager would isntall their own copy - certainly DS seems to reinstall the libraries each time.

These are a set of function libraries used by Visual C++ (a programming tool that is used to compile the Windows version of the applications), rather than embedding the code in each application they are supplied as an external file that can be disctributed with the application. A lot of Wiondows applications use it, though there are different versions from different generations of the compiler.