The Newest Evolution Is Here: The Daz Season Pass!

Comments

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,247

how is Jinx a boys name?  it's not!!!

Had a girlfriend named Jinx and she was just that 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268

Hmm, only 2 characters this time and the HD versions are not even included. I can probably pick the charcaters up for a lot less than the season pass; and whil Jay's webinars are great I'm not much of a webinar type person. I think once again I'm going to pass on the pass.

• MadaMada Posts: 1,855

Wonderland said:

So far, the only two people interested in this are two PAs, one who won a contest last time? Are they paying you to encourage people? 

I'm not one to stand in the way of a good story but going to nip that one in the bud - PAs do not get paid to encourage people :) They do however get previews of what's coming up, maybe that's got something to do with the enthusiasm? :P

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,693

Mada said:

Wonderland said:

So far, the only two people interested in this are two PAs, one who won a contest last time? Are they paying you to encourage people? 

I'm not one to stand in the way of a good story but going to nip that one in the bud - PAs do not get paid to encourage people :) They do however get previews of what's coming up, maybe that's got something to do with the enthusiasm? :P

So far the only things offered are two core characters that PAs get for free already and introductory tutorials which they clearly are way beyond. And a few older products that they probably already own and can get a discount on anyway. PAs must be getting it for free. 

• ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 2,973

Wonderland said:

If you count getting my money's worth several times over last time as paying me to be positive? Lighten up. I love pirates. There's pirates all over the page. Half my facebook feed is pirate stuff. Jay's webinars were awesome. I know people have said they're for "complete newbs" but there hasn't been one yet that I haven't picked up new tricks and ideas from. They've moved the focus more to the webinars this time, and I think that's fantastic. They lowered the price-- even better. Just because you aren't interested in something, doesn't mean it isn't right up someone else's alley. And we're not the only people interested. We're the only people posting about it in this thread. 

Also, what Mada said :D

Wonderland said:

Mada said:

Wonderland said:

So far the only things offered are two core characters that PAs get for free already and introductory tutorials which they clearly are way beyond. And a few older products that they probably already own and can get a discount on anyway. PAs must be getting it for free. 

Not getting it for free no :) If they do colour me upset that I didn't get the free stuff. Where's my pitchfork! :)

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,606
    edited July 2021

Wonderland said:

Mada said:

Wonderland said:

I did not get it for free.
    I enjoy participating in the contests, Chatting with the other season pass members, expanding my skills through pirates.  As CC said, I find Jay's webinars very informative, and I very much enjoy them.  I enjoy learning alternate ways of doing things I already know how to do.  Jay approaches a set and scene with a very different mindset than I do, and I find this refreshing.
    These are the reasons that I find season pass beneficial.

Post edited by Lyoness on

barbult said:

ChangelingChick said:

Lyoness said:

I'm doing the season pass again because I had such a delightful time chatting with the other season pass people about content and the contest and the webinars.  Secondly, Jay's webinar are totally worth the price of admission. It's awesome to get personal attention and answers to questions that I have.
    Lately, I need to stretch myself artistically to try new areas... why not PIRATES??  We're going to have a GREAT TIME!!!

YAY. Season Pass 2!!!

I did it for the pirate hat flair :D 

I assume you PAs get a significant discount.

Actually, we don't get an extra discount on the Season Passes. We pay exactly what every other PC+ member pays.  

edited July 2021

Lyoness said:

Wonderland said:

Mada said:

Wonderland said:

I did not get it for free.

Darn... I had my hopes up that they missed me when they gave out free stuff :P

Post edited by Mada on

But seriously, PAs get the core characters for free anyway, some create your own advanced tutorials, get a significant discount on DOs and free PC membership. What do PAs get out of this? 

Wonderland said:

But seriously, PAs get the core characters for free anyway, some create your own advanced tutorials, get a significant discount on DOs and free PC membership. What do PAs get out of this? 

fun.

I do it for fun, camaraderie, and a good time.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i guess, after 8 years, i should stop waiting for the next season pass to a carrara update

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I think you're flogging a dead horse here. Three PA's have already answered your question. If you don't trust what they say, wait a few days and read comments from non-PA's once other people see the ad for the new season pass. 

Leave it be.  

Wonderland said:

PAs can never stop learning and the webinars are good? Its a good deal? PAs are the biggest consumers of Daz products, cause promos? Lots of reasons :)

Lyoness said:

Wonderland said:

fun.

I do it for fun, camaraderie, and a good time.

OK, well that’s a lot to pay for stuff you already have for “fun.” I don’t think most customers would purchase things they already own for fun. I’m going to go have fun now at an art gallery reception that’s free.

• RaneRane Posts: 142
    edited July 2021

Wonderland said:

What do I get out of this as a PA?  I get the satisfaction of making things for people that allow them to dream, to see whats out there.  Thats what I do all of this for.  To give people unique items, that allow them to wonder 'what if'.  What if this item were real, how would it feel?  What would be the weight of it?  Or, what could I do if I had this?  Where could I go?  That is the dream I chase, that is my reason for living.  To give people tools to dreamPlus, the money isn't too bad either. 

EDIT:  Apparently I misunderstood the initial question.  Oh well.

Post edited by Rane on

jakiblue said:

I think you're flogging a dead horse here. Three PA's have already answered your question. If you don't trust what they say, wait a few days and read comments from non-PA's once other people see the ad for the new season pass. 

Leave it be.  

Wonderland said:

Thank you for actually reading our responses, Jakiblue :D 

Rane said:

Wonderland said:

What do I get out of this as a PA?  I get the satisfaction of making things for people that allow them to dream, to see whats out there.  Thats what I do all of this for.  To give people unique items, that allow them to wonder 'what if'.  What if this item were real, how would it feel?  What would be the weight of it?  Or, what could I do if I had this?  Where could I go?  That is the dream I chase, that is my reason for living.  To give people tools to dreamPlus, the money isn't too bad either. 

I didnt as​k why people are PAs. The PAs are the heart of Daz and I appreciate all their talent. I was asking why PAs would pay for a Season Pass when they get core characters for free, significant discounts and can easily create their own tutorials way more advanced than the ones being offered as wonderful as Jay’s tutorials are, these seem very introductory, 

• RaneRane Posts: 142

Indeed.  I misread the intent of the thread.  I honestly didn't realize there even WAS a season pass.  Oh well.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,682

I am still considering pass. Which version is up in the air.

Like many I have the items offered and I am not that big on pirates, but am flexible if clothing is close to historically accurate. Then I can use elsewhere.

The webinars have been at an unfortunate time for me, so if I am able to catch them up later, that would be great. Especially since I would like to replay bits to focus on items when I have my system up and see if I can learn by 'doing' then review, then do again, and again. I am just that type of learner. Read, watch, do. Repeat. I want to improve.

But is the pass only covering just two core characters? Or are they just teasing those for now? 

memcneil70 said:

The webinars have been at an unfortunate time for me, so if I am able to catch them up later, that would be great. Especially since I would like to replay bits to focus on items when I have my system up and see if I can learn by 'doing' then review, then do again, and again. I am just that type of learner. Read, watch, do. Repeat. I want to improve.

All the previous webinars have been posted afterwards and are still up to look back on, so I would expect that will continue if for no other reason than what you mentioned-- timing is hard on a global scale :D

But is the pass only covering just two core characters? Or are they just teasing those for now? 

No idea, but the pass is about half the cost it was last time, and the focus seems to have shifted to the webinars, so... for now? They might decide to add more later, but I would count on that. 

• The uninformative "Wolfgang" and "Jinx" names, with one being gender-ambiguous... this is why I think they ought to share more information about these season passes.

Give us more information ahead of time to make a buying decision. There still are far too many questions to make it a comfortable purchase with a knowable value.

Season 1?
    I rated 2 out of 5.
    I would have bought 2 of 5 figures, which I think isn't a good ratio. If you're going to sell us something new, it ought to be a 5 out of 5.

I just don't need that many dudes. They are not selling me on a name like like "Jinx" because it tells me nothing.
    "Grace O'Malley"... "Anne Bonny"... Sayyida al-Hurra"... that's at least more clear.

Better yet, give us more images. A scruffy looking older guy? Not even in my wheelhouse if I was interested in more dudes.

I did like Jay's webinars, but if $59.99 of the value from the season pass is in the webinar and the figures are (again) of ambiguous value? It's a good reason to not buy in this time.

(Buying in didn't earn us a discount on this season, also. Another reason for me to take a break since it's not necessarily giving a benefit to keep re-subscribing.)

The Blurst of Times said:

The uninformative "Wolfgang" and "Jinx" names, with one being gender-ambiguous... this is why I think they ought to share more information about these season passes.

Give us more information ahead of time to make a buying decision. There still are far too many questions to make it a comfortable purchase with a knowable value.

Season 1?
    I rated 2 out of 5.
    I would have bought 2 of 5 figures, which I think isn't a good ratio. If you're going to sell us something new, it ought to be a 5 out of 5.

I just don't need that many dudes. They are not selling me on a name like like "Jinx" because it tells me nothing.
    "Grace O'Malley"... "Anne Bonny"... Sayyida al-Hurra"... that's at least more clear.

Better yet, give us more images. A scruffy looking older guy? Not even in my wheelhouse if I was interested in more dudes.

I did like Jay's webinars, but if $59.99 of the value from the season pass is in the webinar and the figures are (again) of ambiguous value? It's a good reason to not buy in this time.

(Buying in didn't earn us a discount on this season, also. Another reason for me to take a break since it's not necessarily giving a benefit to keep re-subscribing.)

I do understand some of your hesitation after season pass #1.  There were several hiccups that killed the joy. I know that is why they went with a smaller package for the season pass this time.
    I can tell you for sure without getting into trouble that Jinx and Wolfgang are not both male. It looks like our theme for the series is going to be PIRATES, so if that doesn't spark joy, this will not be any fun for you.
    I had a lot of fun chatting with you during season pass #1, but I understand if you won't join us for Season Pass #2. I'm hoping that we'll have no hiccups and with some smooth sailing, everyone will be excited for #3.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,638

$150 for five Core Figures with HD Add-Ons versus $99 for two Core Figures without HD Add-Ons doesn't seem like a better price (but I can only count to F). Evidently, the focus is on the webinars rather than the Core Figures this time.

• ecks201ecks201 Posts: 437
    edited July 2021

ChangelingChick said:All the previous webinars have been posted afterwards and are still up to look back on

EH?! What?! 

Where are they? I missed the Season Pass one last time and would like to see it.

Post edited by ecks201 on

ecks201 said:

ChangelingChick said:All the previous webinars have been posted afterwards and are still up to look back on

EH?! What?! 

Where are they? I missed the Season Pass one last time and would like to see it.

the mods can link you to it.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited July 2021

jjmainor said:

EDIT: You know my talk show is going to be Babylon-5-themed (LOL), which probably means I won't be in the running by default.

Clark era, or post-Clark? laugh

Well, my talk show Fred was in the Centauri Republic, not Earth Alliance... Clark era Fred might've fared better in the Fred contest, I think.

...did he interview Mr. Garibaldi?  

(apologies, couldn't resist). 

"...no boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow."

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,247

kyoto kid said:

jjmainor said:

EDIT: You know my talk show is going to be Babylon-5-themed (LOL), which probably means I won't be in the running by default.

Clark era, or post-Clark? laugh

Well, my talk show Fred was in the Centauri Republic, not Earth Alliance... Clark era Fred might've fared better in the Fred contest, I think.

...did he interview Mr. Garibaldi?  

B5 is one of my favorite shows 

Nice pic