The Newest Evolution Is Here: The Daz Season Pass!

Comments

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684

The ranking was a pain. Some of those things I could have given two hoots for.

And would I do this again, 'NO!'

When asked why, I wrote that there was so much of the negative feedback and ridicule on the forums made me feel awful, about myself and my decision to try it out. 

• wmiller314wmiller314 Posts: 184

I'm gonna go ahead and say... Called it! 

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

will it cover the next carrara upgrade?

iirc i paid like 170 for the last upgrade

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,028

Mystiara said:

will it cover the next carrara upgrade?

iirc i paid like 170 for the last upgrade

That's adorable. 

• MadaMada Posts: 1,855

When asked why, I wrote that there was so much of the negative feedback and ridicule on the forums made me feel awful, about myself and my decision to try it out. 

That right there. While everyone is entitled to their opinions it feels like some users bring so much negative feedback along with them and spam post the subject to death, and will keep on posting over and over.
    Kudos to Daz for trying new things out to test what users like... it's not an easy environment to experiment in. Looking forward to see new innovations, even if it's not my cup of tea :) I will keep an open mind.

Thank you Jessica :)

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,037

Too bad, the second session pass is even less attractive than the first. sad

https://www.daz3d.com/the-season-pass-2

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,744
    edited July 2021

I'm just excited about "Wolfgang 8.1", just because I've always liked the name Wolfgang. Silly, I know. Let's see who he turns out to be!

Post edited by Hylas on
  • ecks201ecks201 Posts: 437

I'm doing the maths on Season Pass 2 and it's not looking good for Daz.

None of the environments interest me.
    Only one of the props caught my interest, but that's regularly available for $5
    Two characters, sight unseen? The previous season pass characters went as low as $14 recently
    The webinars are the only thing that interest me, because things I don't know still pop up in them. But at $60, its only the exchange rate that's swinging them towards a posible.
    Competiton? not bothered about it.

If there are going to be special offers and discounts linked to the season pass, they need to tell me what they are now, because I'm far more no than yes at the moment.

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,415
    edited July 2021

Just think, people moaned about the SP, and people still bought it. This forum is probably a very small fraction of the Daz userbase. So, I'm sure there are quite a few people out there who tried out the first pass. Whether they found it worth the money is a different thing, and if it wasn't, I'm sure those people will start "moaning" (as it was put in former posts). And even if those people don't buy a second SP, others will.

Plus, not everyone can stick their hand in their pocket and "whip out" $499 (or whatever) to buy one. So it leaves out other people with smaller incomes. 

But, hey. As long as there are lots of people who have to money can buy it (SP), who cares about the little guys... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by N-RArts on
  • IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,103

Googled Jinx Jones out of curiosity.

He's a real person.

A musician.

I don't know if the Daz character will be based on him or not, but there is a real person with that name.

https://www.jinxjones.com

Googling Wolfgang will, of course, produce millions of results, so not sure who that might be.

I'm assuming a male character as that name is generally given to men. 

This pass looks to be based around the webinars.I have little interest in those,so I'll be skipping this one.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639
    edited July 2021

IceCrMn said:

Googled Jinx Jones out of curiosity.

He's a real person.

A musician.

I don't know if the Daz character will be based on him or not, but there is a real person with that name.

Ooh! If it is he, I hope Mada will make us a non-dForce suit like the one he wears! Although a season pass offering only two male characters with no mention of HD Add-Ons seems implausible. Then again, the last season pass strained credulity.

Wolfgang releases on July 25? A Sunday?

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • robertswwwrobertswww Posts: 762
    edited July 2021

It looks like we get a sneak peek of Wolfgang 8.1
    If he's a male pirate is Jinx Jones a female pirate?

This image is from the SP2 page (https://www.daz3d.com/the-season-pass-2), and from the page source code, the image filename is: gang.jpg

gang.jpg
    677 x 374 - 46K
    Post edited by robertswww on
  • Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

Looking at this season pass, I have a bit of split opiniom

Pro:

• well documented what you get and what not
    • a set of webinars that look rather interesting

Con:

• the selection of environment and props - I do already have all of them, so no benefit for me at all

summing up all, I rather let this season pass.... pass.

• AbyssalErosAbyssalEros Posts: 289

$59.99 for webinars that teach the basics?
    Not complaining about the content, and so, Jay does a good job. Still, DAZ should offer these webinars for free so that the userbase can use the crappy software DAZ Productions, Inc. is selling low-quality assets for, and which lacks documentation or decent DAZ original tutorial videos for ages.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,695

This Season Pass is obviously geared toward complete newbies but this bothers me even more. Because if newbies knew that as wonderful as Jay’s tutorials are, they can find similar intro tutorials on YouTube for free, even from Daz itself. Tutorials also go on sale all the time here, especially Dreamlight ones, that are often around $4.00, sometimes even $1.99!  If you wait for a few months you can get full bundles with core characters for under $20.00. Or free with something else. If they want to bring in new customers, they should offer Jay’s wonderful tutorials for FREE. Maybe give a discount on a new bundle that includes V8,1, M8.1, some clothes, props, HDRIs and call it the Welcome to Daz bundle. 

I love Daz, its products, the PAs, the AMAZING deals you can get here. But this isn’t one of them. And it bothers me that they are trying to take advantage of newbies.

• JasonSWrenchJasonSWrench Posts: 379

I wanted to do the Season Pass again, but only two new figures and props/environments I already owned or already passed on the first time. The tutorials would be nice, but Jay does a lot them for free already, so not sure the value-added, sadly. 

I do appreciate the more straightforward approach to what you get this time. Unfortunately, it did make it easier for me to take it out of my cart.

J

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942

ecks201 said:

I'm doing the maths on Season Pass 2 and it's not looking good for Daz.

None of the environments interest me.
    Only one of the props caught my interest, but that's regularly available for $5
    Two characters, sight unseen? The previous season pass characters went as low as $14 recently
    The webinars are the only thing that interest me, because things I don't know still pop up in them. But at $60, its only the exchange rate that's swinging them towards a posible.
    Competiton? not bothered about it.

If there are going to be special offers and discounts linked to the season pass, they need to tell me what they are now, because I'm far more no than yes at the moment.

DItto, but I also have no interest in the webinars, so ... sadly (or not from my bank balance's PoV!) this is going to be a pass for me. 

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,606

I'm doing the season pass again because I had such a delightful time chatting with the other season pass people about content and the contest and the webinars.  Secondly, Jay's webinar are totally worth the price of admission. It's awesome to get personal attention and answers to questions that I have.
    Lately, I need to stretch myself artistically to try new areas... why not PIRATES??  We're going to have a GREAT TIME!!!

YAY. Season Pass 2!!!

• ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 2,974

Lyoness said:

I'm doing the season pass again because I had such a delightful time chatting with the other season pass people about content and the contest and the webinars.  Secondly, Jay's webinar are totally worth the price of admission. It's awesome to get personal attention and answers to questions that I have.
    Lately, I need to stretch myself artistically to try new areas... why not PIRATES??  We're going to have a GREAT TIME!!!

YAY. Season Pass 2!!!

I did it for the pirate hat flair :D 

• The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited July 2021

I mean... two dudes? Not gonna sell it to me, bro.

I know Daz gets upset that people use the models for pinups and pr0n... but against Fate, even the gods do not fight.

Is there some vast underground market for Pirates?
    Is this an attempt to correct the ratio of Pirates versus Ninjas (to restore balance to the Planet)?

There must be a massively under-reported desire for Pirates in the marketplace for this next season pass to be about Pirates rather than Pin-ups or something else.

So, bundling two dudes into a season pass?
    Good luck with that.

... Farewell and adieu to you, Spanish Ladies...

Post edited by The Blurst of Times on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

ChangelingChick said:

Lyoness said:

YAY. Season Pass 2!!!

I did it for the pirate hat flair :D 

I assume you PAs get a significant discount.

The Blurst of Times said:

I know Daz gets upset that people use the models for pinups and pr0n... but against Fate, even the gods do not fight.

Is this an attempt to correct the ratio of Pirates versus Ninjas (to restore balance to the Planet)?

There must be a massively under-reported desire for Pirates in the marketplace for this next season pass to be about Pirates rather than Pin-ups or something else.

Good luck with that.

how is Jinx a boys name?  it's not!!!

Lyoness said:

Good luck with that.

From my post above

Good luck with that.

Not sure there will be two male characters.

But,if you read the forums much, there seems to be a lack of male oriented content.

I don't buy any male content, so I'm not really the person to ask about it.

I was hoping for a drop dead gorgeous, exclusive to Pass holders female.I wouldn't mind a Cuban or Spanish(from Spain) lady for my pirate renders.

IceCrMn said:

Lyoness said:

Good luck with that.

From my post above

ok. I can see that.
    Let me reassure you, this is not all dudes.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

My first reaction to Jinx Jones, was "young female reporter who gets involved in mysteries".....similar to Nancy Drew and Trixie Beldon. I either have a vague memory of reading a book like that as a young teen (many many moons ago) or my imagination just went into overdrive. LOL. I too see Jinx as a female name - a young female. 

And while I'm curious to see what the figure will be (as I really like the looks of Jada and Jacqueline, although I don't have them and didn't do the last season pass), I feel I will be passing on this as $99US is $134 AU and way way way over my price range for just two figures. I'm not interested in the props or environment at all (i already have 4 of them), nor the contest or webinars (there are plenty of free tuts on youtube etc that are very very good) so it's the actual figures I'd be interested in. 

I do like however they have changed the pricing from last time, and stopped that ridiculous "if you don't buy it now, the price goes up!" thing. 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553

I would buy a season pass if it were old bundle atyle. But the new bundles chock full of animation, environments and unrelated characters leave me cold. Uh, plus I'm rather done with pirates, mermaids, etc.

Now, I personally would like a real m8. And not the college kid we got instead. And a Gianni would be nice.

• maraichmaraich Posts: 489

Rats, I thought I might actually try this one, but I already own all of the choose one of three options. I like pirates, and if that's a sneak peek of Wolfgang, he looks pretty cool. I'll probably pick him up when he comes out, but won't jump on board for the Season Pass. That being said, I appreciate the much more up front description of the Season Pass this time around. Thanks for changing things up, folks!

• Lyoness said:

IceCrMn said:

Lyoness said:

Good luck with that.

The only persn named Jinx I can think of is the Coven vocalist, who is a woman.

As for the SP2, it's a pass for me. Pirates are cool, BUT I am pretty sure my computer won't play nicely with either DS4.15 or G8.1. And that's before we get into the whole "At those prices, I am certainly not part of the demographic this promo is aimed at." 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,695

So far, the only two people interested in this are two PAs, one who won a contest last time? Are they paying you to encourage people?