DAZ Documentation Center

Melissa ConwayMelissa Conway Posts: 590
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Attempting to follow this tut, but it's hard to do because none of the example pictures are showing for me...all I see are tiny boxes where the .jpgs should be. Any advice on how to get the pics to show would be much appreciated. I use Google Chrome. Thanks.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/tutorials/hexagon/hexagon-misc15

Comments

• launoklaunok Posts: 782
    edited October 2014

Melissa, I am having the same problem as you on quite a lot of tutorials at the Documentation Center which has all the pictures removed. Something tells me these are older tutorials from the old Daz3D site and they either have forgot about these tuts or they are still busy working to put them all over to the new build site. But if they are working on it (I hope it's the case), they are really taking a long time to do so as they are like this for quite some time now!! Even the pdf's which are located at the top right side on the pages are also without pictures which doesn't help either. :smirk:

The lesson you want to learn is the very same one I am also interested in learning - uv mapping!

Text alone doesn't help me either. I also wants to learn how to use the Deformer tool in Daz Studio and the only tutorial at the Doc Centre has no images. And when asking people for help at the Daz Studio side forum, they just simply ignore you (well, in my case). I myself are learning both Hexagon and Studio, so hopefully someone will give you advice. On the Hexagon side, I have to say, there are some nice people who do care to help! Sorry that I can't be of any help as I am a beginner myself. Hopefully the webmaster(s) of the site will fix the tutorials soonish!

Please, can anyone of you who have contact here direct this problem somehow, so that our beginners can start using these tutorials? Or where do we report it ourselves?

Laura

Post edited by launok on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2014

The problem with these old tutorials is that most of them are done by 3rd parties and not DAZ 3D, If the images were posted by that 3rd party at ArtZone and weren't recovered before AZ disappeared for good then the images are not available.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • launoklaunok Posts: 782
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    The problem with these old tutorials is that most of them are done by 3rd parties and not DAZ 3D, If the images were posted by that 3rd party at ArtZone and weren't recovered before AZ disappeared for good then the images are not available.

Thanks for your reply Chohole, I thought this was the case. Just have to look again for tutorials on these matters.

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

For good tutorials on Hex, take a look at the stickied thread at the top of this forum - look especially for CGDreams and Geekatplay; they are really good.

Googling "tutorials uv mapping hexagon" gave me six hits on the first page!

Anything you want to know or have clarified regarding hex's UV mapping, just ask here - plenty of willing helpers :)

• Melissa ConwayMelissa Conway Posts: 590
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the responses, everyone!