Felidae by AM - Lion has No Hair Mane in file.

This product Felidae by AM - Lion has no hair for the mane section of the model, the daz big cat 2 has the mane but this version doesn't supply the hair which is a key part of this product, it doesn't appear in smart content nor does it appear in product list, there should be an attachment to merge onto the model or already have the fur/hair set on model with preview hairs off for view port like usual but no hair materials can be found in this pack. Can ther Artist please add all the correct attachments like fur or hair with the product, Same thing with the Bear by the same artist it should have a fur mat yet none is supplied when it should be.

Can someone please fix this or know where the lost mane is for this set because i fail to see how it's a lion without the MANE!

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Did you activate the Catalyzer plugin?

• CenobiteCenobite Posts: 206
    edited July 2021

No didn't know i had too active a plugin, Where do you active this plugin? doesn't say it requires this, it gives three types of actor LAMH, Catalyzer and normal Duf, all have zero hair on them, no attachments supplied just poses and shaders. The Simlodon Populator by the same artist works normally with hair no plugin required.

Post edited by Cenobite on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133
    edited July 2021

I don't have the lion, but I do have the brown bear. There should be three versions of the figure in catergory Animals - Land.:

1. the base animal (no fur)
    2. (which should have LAMH in it's name) meant for use with the LAMH plugin or the free LAMH Player to render in 3Delight.
    3. (with Catalyzer in the name) for use with the Catalyzer plugin to render in Iray.

Sounds like you are using a figure version for which you don't have the plugin installed.

The lion also has an add-on to give dForce hair - this is also in the $10 sale if you prefer that.

[Edit to fix typos]

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • margravemargrave Posts: 1,822
    edited July 2021

Cenobite said:

No didn't know i had too active a plugin, Where do you active this plugin? doesn't say it requires this, it gives three types of actor LAMH, Catalyzer and normal Duf, all have zero hair on them, no attachments supplied just poses and shaders. The Simlodon Populator by the same artist works normally with hair no plugin required.

Under "My Account", you should find a "Serial Numbers" tab. Go to Daz Studio, then hit "Help > About Installed Plugins". Put the Catalyzer serial number into there.

doesn't say it requires this

Yes it does. Last line of the product page description, right above the video.

Post edited by margrave on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    edited July 2021

2020-06-24 18:37:55.592 Total Rendering Time: 32 minutes 9.41 seconds

Dforce hair on left, Catalyzer hair on right.

Click on image for full size.

leo-the lion-copyright-001.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 774K
    Post edited by Fishtales on
    edited July 2021

MelanieL said:

I don't have the lion, but I do have the brown bear. There should be three versions of the figure in catergory Animals - Land.:

1. the base animal (no fur)
    2. (which should have LAMH in it's name) meant for use with the LAMH plugin or the free LAMH Player to render in 3Delight.
    3. (with Catalyzer in the name) for use with the Catalyzer plugin to render in Iray.

Sounds like you are using a figure version for which you don't have the plugin installed.

The lion also has an add-on to give dForce hair - this is also in the $10 sale if you prefer that.

[Edit to fix typos]

Uh right i figured as much another ploy to get money out of you. WHY are you selling uncomplete figures then getting people to install a plugin thats not required when you should of added Dforce hair to begin with, every other animal model uses deforce this artist has basically milked the situation by not providing the dforce hair trying to sell it as yet another add on. Don't these people earn enough money they have to start breaking content up to make things more of a pain to use & own. i mean why am i paying good money for content thats suppose to save me time when you fail to add the proper files for the figure then claim i need a plugin which i don't.. the deforce hair is provided with other models like the GNU and you don't charge extra why have you decided to do it too a bunch of other models, this is unfair bullcrap taking advantage of a situation isn't it, your charging more then complete games that use loads of content.. FAIR GO AYE! Add the deforce hair into the models you cheap bums! I never had to buy fur seperate, i'm getting sick of this act you don't supply shaders now and do crappy bundles with no content all since i started purchasing.. Stuff you if your going to be like that thinking you can milk me like a COW!

Also sounds like a ploy to sell a plugin i've never required before, i smell more bullshit from you artists as usual.

Post edited by Cenobite on

This goes from buying complete products to bullshit lure products that make you buy a chain of products just to get it too work as intended. Whats next your going to sell figures with no skin shaders forcing people to buy skin shades too when you can simply change it by the pallet under surfaces, why be gronks!

Fishtales said:

2020-06-24 18:37:55.592 Total Rendering Time: 32 minutes 9.41 seconds

Dforce hair on left, Catalyzer hair on right.

Click on image for full size.

The Deforce hair looks finer in my opinion yet they leave this out of the model and not others just to make cash.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,414

Everybody knows AM's animals used to require LAMH which predates all the other hair systems, including dForce ones.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

The lion comes with all the options. You need the Plugin only if you want to use the different hair options.

lion-figures-001.jpg
    195 x 144 - 12K

I just bought the Deforce add on because i didn't want to manually grow the hair in the editor which can be done i was trying to save production time so i just bought the deforce hair template.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,552

Cenobite said:

I just bought the Deforce add on because i didn't want to manually grow the hair in the editor which can be done i was trying to save production time so i just bought the deforce hair template.

You didn't buy the lion, just the dforce addon for it. if you look at the product page under required products, it says it needs the lion to work

• FSMCDesigns said:

Cenobite said:

You didn't buy the lion, just the dforce addon for it. if you look at the product page under required products, it says it needs the lion to work

He's already purchased the lion, this was purchasing the dForce add-on to get a working mane (rather than purchasing Look At My hair ot Catalyzer).

It's all good now, just didn't like the fact i had to buy the Deforce mane for the lion since it was a lion and wasn't showing a main because i didn't have the Catalyzer plugin. Since nothing else uses that plugin but a few animals that usually have Deforce hair supplied like the Wolverine. The Lion & the Brown Bear either the plugin or deforce hair is required for the full look otherwise it's just a displacement fur texture which is pretty shabby without fur.

Lion 3.21seconds.jpg
    2400 x 1280 - 2M