3D Art Freebie Challenge-June 2021-"Dream Vacation" -Main Thread Only

124»

Comments

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

The June Freebie Challenge is now closed, see you all soon in July's challenge

the images were all really nice so juddging will be difficult once again

• Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820

JackyBrown said:

3D Art Freebie Challenge June 2021 "Dream Vacation"

This is my third (and last) render for this month, because what's a dream vacation without at least one day at the beach? :)

[Best watched at full size for details.]

"Dog tags..."

Starring: Tiana, Walther and Walther 2.0

The tale:

Before Tiana lost her right leg on a secret mission in Iraq, her dream (vacation) was to surf in Maui, Hawaii. She was one of the best female surfers, but after the loss of her leg it was no longer possible to surf independently. Now that she's on vacation in Maui after years of rehab, she would love to try to get back on the water on a surfboard...
    Walther has been suffering from PTSD since he returned from Iraq, he has the feeling that he will never be able to feel affection and love again because of the things he has seen there and that leads him to severe depressions. Until today, when he saw Tiana and immediately noticed that she also wears dog tags, he felt an enormous connection and warmth for her inside and after years a smile appeared on his face again...

"Dog tags..."

As always... love the back story!   Great image!

Well I guess that the end of the month.  Best of luck to all you amazing artists!  Really fantastic month - so many awesome interpretations of the theme!!   I can't wait to see what's coming up in July!!  laugh

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,043

I shall be interested for July, but with holiday season coming up, naturally our customers expect the engineering design & testing I'm involved with to pick up pace & go faster with fewer people. As a result, free time to enjoy the weather/other distractions reduces dramatically... Happens every year without fail. Had hoped to attempt a second image in June - not a chance.

Regards,

Richard

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

richardandtracy said:

I shall be interested for July, but with holiday season coming up, naturally our customers expect the engineering design & testing I'm involved with to pick up pace & go faster with fewer people. As a result, free time to enjoy the weather/other distractions reduces dramatically... Happens every year without fail. Had hoped to attempt a second image in June - not a chance.

Regards,

Richard

Well at least you got to get one image in so do not fret there is always next month's contest!!!

richardandtracy said:

Regards,

Richard

I know the feeling!  It's such a pain when real life starts interfering with what we really enjoy doing!  laugh

Hope things won't get too bad for you.  Be sure to stick your head out the window and enjoy the sunshine once in a while!  

richardandtracy said:

Regards,

Richard

I know the feeling!  It's such a pain when real life starts interfering with what we really enjoy doing!  laugh

Hope things won't get too bad for you.  Be sure to stick your head out the window and enjoy the sunshine once in a while!  

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950
    edited July 2021

Here is one NAE, didn't made it in time :) sorry ... Idea was to make few pinups with Adam Thwaites swimsuits....

Silverthorn.jpg
    1001 x 1200 - 298K
    Post edited by MilosGulan on
  • Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,422

Did we ever find out who the winners were for this one?

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,043
    Nay, not yet. I suspect the judges have had RL events that have been more pressing.