Daz Studio 4.15 64-bit crashing on PC laptop

Hello peeps,

I have crashing issues with the 64-bit version that make working with Daz Studio pretty much impossible. Please see log file attached below (I can't decipher what the actual problem is). If I try to load a saved scene, Daz crashes in a few seconds. (I create the scenes on my ancient MacBook Pro from 2009, but it can't render Iray stuff as the graphic card is pathetic - but this is just a workaroud as the 64-bit Daz doesnt' work on my PC laptop.)

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Daz several times, done a clean reboot of my laptop, wiped everything on it and reinstalled to factory defaults etc etc, but nothing works. All my other design software works without problems (Blender, ZBrush, Adobe CC suite, Clo3D), so it's mystifying why Daz just doesn't cooperate. The 32-bit version works fine, but as it can't work with Iray it's limiting. The laptop specs aren't ideal for 3D work, but I can't afford a more powerful/suitable one at the moment.

If I load a new Genesis 8 character I can dress and pose it, but once I try to look at it in Iray viewport it crashes. Trying to render also crashes it. I have managed to render once with Iray, and the result was beautiful. If I save a scene with just a dressed and posed Genesis 8 figure it can't be opened without Daz Studio crashing. Sigh....

I did write to Daz customer support, but their answer was essentially "Did you try to turn it off and on again?"

Very grateful if anyone can help me, or point me towards what settings to fiddle with. Even if the end result is that it just won't work, it would be a relief to know it's a problem that can't be solved. It's been bugging me since this winter and I'm losing my sanity.

Comments

• ebergerlyebergerly Posts: 3,255

A quick scan of the log file shows a bunch of errors. Bad path, need to update NVIDIA driver, etc. But honestly it's a bit confusing with talk of a Macbook and 32 bit and 64 bit and laptop and so on. 

• Ah apologies for confusing text! 

MAIN PROBLEM: Daz Studio 64-bit is crashing on my PC laptop (Surface Laptop 3). I'd like to use Iray materials, and do an Iray render but it's not possible.

Note: On the PC laptop Daz Studio 32-bit works fine.

(Daz Studio can be installed as 64-bit versions or 32-bit versions, either on Macs or PCs.)

The mention of the MacBook Pro was just about Daz Studio 64-bit working on that laptop (but can't render with Iray as it's too old), so I've been creating the scenes on the MacBook, and rendering them in Blender on the PC laptop. Would like to be able to figure out how to solve Daz 64-bit crashing on the PC laptop so I could render Daz scenes in Daz.

Hope this is a bit clearer.

• I realised that some of the errors in the log file were from wiping my PC laptop (reinstalling to factory defaults but keeping mu files), so I deleted all DAZ related files, and reinstalled it through Daz Central. Daz Studio still crashes when I try to open a saved scene, so there's still a problem somewhere - I don't know how to solve it.

The log file says this (have also attached it below):

2021-06-20 10:51:25.192 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(480): Could not add path: "C:/Users/hdobrowolski/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/shaders/iray". Due to unknown error -2 [I can find the Studio4 folder on my laptop, but it doesn't have a 'shaders' folder in it]
    2021-06-20 10:51:25.192 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(480): Could not add path: "C:/Users/hdobrowolski/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/shaders/iray". Due to unknown error -2 [see above]
    2021-06-20 10:51:25.193 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(359): Iray [ERROR] - GPU:RENDER ::   0.0   GPU    rend error: NvAPI call NvAPI_Initialize returned an error:
    2021-06-20 10:51:25.193 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(359): Iray [ERROR] - GPU:RENDER ::   0.0   GPU    rend error:   
    2021-06-20 10:51:25.193 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(359): Iray [WARNING] - CUDA:RENDER ::   0.0   CUDA   rend warn : CUDA module initialization failed. [the laptop doesn't have a CUDA module]
    2021-06-20 10:51:25.193 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(359): Iray [WARNING] - CUDA:RENDER ::   0.0   CUDA   rend warn : The version of your CUDA driver is 0.0, but 11.0 is the required minimum [there's no CUDA on the laptop]
    2021-06-20 10:51:25.193 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(359): Iray [WARNING] - CUDA:RENDER ::   0.0   CUDA   rend warn : Please update your display driver (current version ). [see above]

It complains about similar things related to NVIDIA also.

I don't have a NVIDIA graphic card on the laptop, but if I've understood correctly it should be able to do Iray renders with the CPU? There's an Intel(R) Iris(R) Plus Graphics card on the laptop, am aware it's not great but that's all I have.

Can someone please help? 

txt
    txt
    log_Sun20-06-2021.txt