Can't make the product "dForce Shadow Cat Hair for Genesis 8.1 Female" to appear

As mentioned in the title, I can't figure out how to make the product "dForce Shadow Cat Hair for Genesis 8.1 Female" appear on top of the character head.

I tried with multiple characters to no avail.

Anyone tried this product and managed to make it appear on the viewport? I am using Iray.

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,656

Strand based hair (dForce hair) will usually only show up in an actual render

Is that your problem?

You can activate for preview, if you enable preview in the parameters and set tesselation to 2+.

• R&DR&D Posts: 0

If anyone is still interested, there's a few things to do first. Yes, you gotta add at least 2 to tesselation and have "Preview PR Hairs" on as well. If it's parented to the scalp or a rig, like Shadow Cat, you'll need to parent the Hair to your characters head and it'll show. Since the hair is so dense it'll seriously slow your movement within the scene, like the camera or character. So I'd suggest doing this only when messing around with the hair color. I was trying to make her hair dark brown and didn't want to render every time, and eventually found the solution.

ShadowCat, Preview.png
    1157 x 888 - 364K
    ShadowCat, Preview1.png
    1157 x 888 - 419K