Sexy Skinz - Panties Collection for Genesis 8.1 Females

Does Sexy Skinz - Panties Collection for Genesis 8.1 Females also work on Genesis 8 female. I would assume so, since the body of G8f and G8.1f are the same. However, the product information does not mention this, which is odd.

I know that there is a Sexy Skinz - Sexy Panties for G8F available at Renderosity, but this has a whole different set of textures.

Anyone know?

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

They are applied to a Geoshell of the figure so if they are made to the 8.1 UVs then no they will not work for G8F.

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

Are the G8.f UVs different from the G8f UVs ? I thought that you could apply G8f textures to G8.1f characters. Is this not the case?

Ah, I see from the internet that in fact the g8f and g8.1f UVs are not the same. The geometry of g8f and g8.1f is the same (as far as I know), so why would they change the UVs? Unless.... maybe for marketing reasons? If you want to use a g8.1f character, you have to buy a new skin too. Is that the reason?

• felisfelis Posts: 3,656

G8.1 supports both 8 UVs and 8.1 UVs, so you can use G8 skin on G8.1.

Just not the other way round.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,557

As pointed out, G8.1 supports both 8 UVs and 8.1 UVs, so you can use G8 skin on G8.1. But you can't use G8.1 UVs on G8, so if the product does use the G8.1 UVs, then it probably won't work on G8.

• KrzysztofaKrzysztofa Posts: 226

Note that this product is almost* an exact port of her Sexy Skinz Panties for G8F over at renderosity, so if you need it for G8 and not G8.1, its over on rendo.

*She has three products on Rendo: Sexy Skinz Cute Panties, Sexy Panties, and Bottoms only. Her 8.1 Daz version appears to be a mix of all three of those rendo products, but applied to an 8.1 geoshell.

It's good to know that they made the 8.1 UVs backwards compatible.

Thanks Krysztofa, I missed the Sexy Skinz Cute Panties item at Renderosity.

As a matter of interest, is the difference between the 8.1 and 8 UVs primarily/only at the head-neck area? If that were so then the Sexy Skinz - Panties Collection for G8.1f should still work on G8f, since the head-neck area would be cutout. Or am I misunderstanding how the product works?

• They look pretty close, at least - Base on the left of the image, 8.1 base on the right

8 Base v 8.1 base.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 548K