Correction Needed for Zeddicuss Products

SetaliaSetalia Posts: 43

Recently, I bought the following pose/expression items:

Z Express Yourself - Poses & Expressions for Genesis 3 and 8

Z The Fearless One - Poses and Expressions for Mei Lin 8 and Genesis 8 Female

The Compatible Figures field lists both Genesis 8 and Genesis 8.1. Although the poses work for both 8 and 8.1, the expressions only work on G8. It would be helpful to add this information in the description.

I am a new Daz user (3 weeks), and of 3d in general, so perhaps others will be confused by some things in the store as I've been.

Thanks

Seta

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited June 2021

Moved to technical help as it is not a Product Suggestion.

I will flag this up, thank you. There is a workaround to enable Genesis 8 Expressions on 8.1, though it may have a performance impact or cause other issues.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932

Those were relased way before Genesis 8.1 existed, they were made for G8.

Expressions relying on the base G8 expression controls won't work with Genesis 8.1 as the whole expression system was redone for 8.1. Unless a product specifically states it includes G8.1 expressions in "what's included" section you need to assume they won't work on G8.1. The rest of the product will work, hence why it's listed as (partially) compatible.

You can open a support ticket to ask for the product page to be modified.

• SetaliaSetalia Posts: 43

Richard Haseltine said:

There is a workaround to enable Genesis 8 Expressions on 8.1, though it may have a performance impact or cause other issues.

What is the workaround? I'd like to try it to see if it works for me. Thanks.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,294

If you have not installed  and/or updated the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials within DS ("Smart" Content/DAZ Connect), but used DIM/DAZ Central/Manual installation to install it;

Making the G8 base expressions (and any expressions that are using them) work on G8.1 requires removing dummy/placeholder expressions that are installed to G8.1 morph folders - These dummy/placeholder expression files have no other function than to prevent the base G8 expressions from loading. 

The dummy/placeholder files are located in;

...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files)

Please make sure you are removing the files from G8.1 morph folders and not G8 morph folders.

The "..." is the root folder of your content library.

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 909

Richard,

What are the potential performance impacts or other issues that the work-around may cause?

• nabob21 said:

Richard,

What are the potential performance impacts or other issues that the work-around may cause?

Adding a tranche of extra properties will slow loading and saving, closing the application, and possibly general posing. How much will depend on how many properties are already loading - and how many of those have links to the expressions.

As for other issues, I am aware that there are a couple of label clashes (you will see sldiers with (2) after the label, which will drive two morphs at once, if you have Consolidate Properties on - which I think it is by default) but there is always the potential for others to crop up as more content is made for Genesis 8.1.

• SetaliaSetalia Posts: 43

I moved those files out to a backup location, and that seems to work for now. Thanks.