3D Art Freebie Challenge-May 2021-"May Mysteries" -Main Thread Only

1235»

Comments

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,049
    Sky77 said:

richardandtracy said:

Who is he?

Who is he, this handsome man who walks into the house once a week, takes off all his clothes except his underwear and throws it all into the washing machine? Not anyone any of the ladies know, but they all need to keep an eye on him.. Just to make sure he doesn't walk off with the silver, honest! Because he's incurably nosey, the cat joins in too.

LOL!  That is hilarious!  Yeah, I don't get that kind of response from women... usually just indifferent grunts and closing of doors.  laugh 

Same here, but my younger brother, on the other hand, did get that reaction just from walking into a room. The effect was on many women, not all. I asked my wife what the effect was, but she was indifferent and couldn't say. My MIL couldn't say either, mostly because she was so distracted by him. I have no idea if he still has the effect, as unfortunately I have not seen him for 30 years. He pushed off to Spain and refuses to meet me whenever I try to arrange a visit. Baffling on more than one count.

Regards,

Richard.

• Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820

richardandtracy said:

Sky77 said:

richardandtracy said:

What is this Obalisk, and what is inside?

...Very cool!  I love the reflections.  I thought you had postworked the inside of the obelisk chamber.. then I read your comment... wow!  How did you get the reflections of the plants, sky and trees inside?!  surprise

I suspect my positioning of the obalisk wasn't perfectly centralised on the patch of clear ground, so I ended up with a line of grasses inside the obalisk. This then reflected multiple times inside before becoming visible. Also combined with the shadows of the character to grow into a very strange interior.

Regards,

Richard.

Very cool effect!    yes

pericolo said:

The mystery of the twins

Brad doesn't understand why his brother Jared is so good at cooking while he's a total failure... "But yet we are twins!" He thinks...

LOL!  Never had a twin (or a sibling) so I couldn't say... wink 

edited June 2021

richardandtracy said:

Sky77 said:

richardandtracy said:

Who is he?

Who is he, this handsome man who walks into the house once a week, takes off all his clothes except his underwear and throws it all into the washing machine? Not anyone any of the ladies know, but they all need to keep an eye on him.. Just to make sure he doesn't walk off with the silver, honest! Because he's incurably nosey, the cat joins in too.

LOL!  That is hilarious!  Yeah, I don't get that kind of response from women... usually just indifferent grunts and closing of doors.  laugh 

Same here, but my younger brother, on the other hand, did get that reaction just from walking into a room. The effect was on many women, not all. I asked my wife what the effect was, but she was indifferent and couldn't say. My MIL couldn't say either, mostly because she was so distracted by him. I have no idea if he still has the effect, as unfortunately I have not seen him for 30 years. He pushed off to Spain and refuses to meet me whenever I try to arrange a visit. Baffling on more than one count.

Regards,

Richard.

Sorry hear about that.  I guess stuff like that happens with siblings.  sad 

Post edited by Sky77 on
  • pericolopericolo Posts: 207

Sky77 said:

pericolo said:

The mystery of the twins

Brad doesn't understand why his brother Jared is so good at cooking while he's a total failure... "But yet we are twins!" He thinks...

LOL!  Never had a twin (or a sibling) so I couldn't say... wink

Me neither laugh

What a fantastic and fun month!  Amazing renders!  You guys are gonna keep the judges very busy.   Best of luck to everyone!  See you at the new thread:  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/498401/3d-art-freebie-challenge-june-2021-dream-vacation-main-thread-only#latest

• JackyBrownJackyBrown Posts: 579

Sky77 said:

Hey JackyBrown!  I was wondering if you were gonna enter this month!  cheeky  

Great job blending the 3D and 2D elements.  I actually thought the building was part of the background image until I saw your freebie list!

Thank you Sky77! I was also quite surprised at how well the 2D ravens matched the 3D version. And in case you might be wondering again... wink