DAZ Crashes within minutes

Hello, I recently upgraded to a new PC and downloaded DAZ 4.15  64-bit. It's been a while since I've used DAZ, but I'm having issues with it closing out within minutes of loading and posing any models.

PC specs:
i9 intel processor
64GB of DDR4 RAM
RTX 3090 Graphics card
1TB SSD
2TB HDD
OS Windows10

I open DAZ and load a model like Genesis, and enable iRay and it loads lightning fast, I can move the camera and change lights and it updates the preview immediately. But I can't get far even without using iRay, it will just suddenly close down back to my desktop. No error messages, no freezing, slowing down, or any type of warning. I made sure to update drivers, tried reinstalling, but it just won't let me roam for very long. I even tried just leaving the studio open (minimized) for a few minutes, and when I went to maximize the window it immediately closed down as if I exited the program. It's as if something is force-closing the application without prompting any error logs that I can find. I haven't added any security or firewalls to the rig as of yet, but perhaps something could be blocking the program from running?

I should also note that DAZ does not let me run it online, if I try to log in and connect, it also closes the program. If I run it offline I'm able to load any content from the library, I just can't get far before it closes back to the desktop.

Comments

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,666

Does any type of error show up in the log file? Can be found in help menu > troubleshooting > view log file

• RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751

Dumbest question first: does it crash when you don't have iRay enabled?  Have you downloaded the newest drivers for your 3090 from NVIDIA's website?

• nehleonehleo Posts: 20

Had a similar prob a few years back. Daz didn't like having multi monitors. Then I reinstalled windows and everything was fine. Very strange. 

• CenobiteCenobite Posts: 206
    edited June 2021

There seems to be an issue when conerting gen two pices to gen 8 models now, it never crashed before but now every model it crashs, i shouldn't have to use the menual converters because it usualy converts most gen 2 pieces to correct body positions except for the footwear and gloves they need full conversion from the manual file.

Looks like the problem fixed itself not long after i had a winge over it here, 4 times it crashed after i totally restarted the editor and reloaded the same file, tried it on other models crashed, then it all of a sudden worked again, conversions not causing a crash...Shape injector doesn't work either don't know if this is causing a crash.

Post edited by Cenobite on
  • edited June 2021

TheKD said:

Does any type of error show up in the log file? Can be found in help menu > troubleshooting > view log file

I don't recall seeing anything that stood out, other than a few lines that said something like unable to initialize. I'll have to check again later when I get back from work.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • edited June 2021

Robinson said:

Dumbest question first: does it crash when you don't have iRay enabled?  Have you downloaded the newest drivers for your 3090 from NVIDIA's website?

Yes, even without iRay enabled and without loading anything it will eventually crash. Also yes newest drivers downloaded from Nvidia

• Cenobite said:

There seems to be an issue when conerting gen two pices to gen 8 models now, it never crashed before but now every model it crashs, i shouldn't have to use the menual converters because it usualy converts most gen 2 pieces to correct body positions except for the footwear and gloves they need full conversion from the manual file.

Looks like the problem fixed itself not long after i had a winge over it here, 4 times it crashed after i totally restarted the editor and reloaded the same file, tried it on other models crashed, then it all of a sudden worked again, conversions not causing a crash...Shape injector doesn't work either don't know if this is causing a crash.

Gotcha, for me at least it will even crash without loading any models or doing anything inside the studio. I tried opening and minimizing the program for a few minutes and when I came back to it and tried to maximize the window immediately crashed.

• nehleo said:

Had a similar prob a few years back. Daz didn't like having multi monitors. Then I reinstalled windows and everything was fine. Very strange. 

Hm, I haven't looked into any windows errors or updates. I was only using one monitor during the time of use, but I am running 2 at the moment...

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,294

What plugins do you have installed?

• ebergerlyebergerly Posts: 3,255

Weird. I doubt it's a monitor issue, since I've been running 3 monitors forever and no problems.

Maybe it's a Windows update or driver issue, or even a hardware issue, especially since you said it's a "new" PC. Strange that D|S wouldn't throw up its crash window asking if you want to send the report to DAZ.

Type in the search bar "reliability history" and it will give you a graphical summary of all important events on your PC in the last days/weeks. New driver installs, hardware issues, Windows updates, etc. Maybe you can track some system thing that happened coincidentally, like a Windows update that caused problems. Just for giggles you might also run a scan on your harddrive. 

• I'm seeing in other forums that the new windows update has been causing similar if not same issues for others.

• KensaiKensai Posts: 23

If you are experiencing a crash straight after login or working offline in 64bit Studio 4.15 & DIM, there is a know issue with a certain Windows update that is blocking some files from being accessed (libeay32/ssleay32) and causing the 64bit versions of Daz to close.

This happened on my new build, fresh install of Win 10 ver. 21H1. No issues on my other system that is on Win 10 Ver. 20H2

You can confrim this error by going into reliability monitor (click windows start button> Settings> type in the search field: reliablilty monitor) and look for the Daz error. You should be able to expand it, and see a file being mentioned "libeay32.dll" - If so, raise a ticket with Daz support.

They will send you a fix with replacement files. Was advised it will be fixed in the next Daz release.

Cheers :)

• Kensai said:

If you are experiencing a crash straight after login or working offline in 64bit Studio 4.15 & DIM, there is a know issue with a certain Windows update that is blocking some files from being accessed (libeay32/ssleay32) and causing the 64bit versions of Daz to close.

This happened on my new build, fresh install of Win 10 ver. 21H1. No issues on my other system that is on Win 10 Ver. 20H2

You can confrim this error by going into reliability monitor (click windows start button> Settings> type in the search field: reliablilty monitor) and look for the Daz error. You should be able to expand it, and see a file being mentioned "libeay32.dll" - If so, raise a ticket with Daz support.

They will send you a fix with replacement files. Was advised it will be fixed in the next Daz release.

Found it! Thanks! I raised a ticket, but it appears they only sent an automated response, haven't heard anything else yet.

• shaungisler63shaungisler63 Posts: 0
    edited June 2021

VRBstudios_dec82c1abb said:

Kensai said:

Found it! Thanks! I raised a ticket, but it appears they only sent an automated response, haven't heard anything else yet.

I found the solution. All you have to do is delete two dll files(LIBEAY32.dll  and 1 other) and replace them with a different version. They have the files as I sent them the zip. The name of that zip is openssl-1.0.2u-x64_86-win64. If they wont send it to you search for it on the web.

DAZ has worked perfectly fine every since.

• shaungisler63 said:

Kensai said:

I found the solution. All you have to do is delete two dll files(LIBEAY32.dll  and 1 other) and replace them with a different version. They have the files as I sent them the zip. The name of that zip is openssl-1.0.2u-x64_86-win64. If they wont send it to you search for it on the web.

So glad I read these commments. I have this issue with both DIM and DS 4.15 on my new machine windows 10 Home with 21H1 updates applied.   I did send off two Support Tickets, one for DIM and the other for DS.  I hope they will respond.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552

ibr_remote aka infinity10 said:

shaungisler63 said:

Kensai said:

So glad I read these commments. I have this issue with both DIM and DS 4.15 on my new machine windows 10 Home with 21H1 updates applied.   I did send off two Support Tickets, one for DIM and the other for DS.  I hope they will respond.

did you receive a response to this from support?