In Store NOW!: Gemologica by Fisty and Marieah

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

OOOOoooooooooooo

• edited December 1969

Really, really lovely set, such beautiful work... THANK YOU BOTH FOR DESIGNING THIS SET... very excited... I have been checking the new releases like a hungry hawk... needless to say I will click as soon as it pops, lol

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=9bZkp7q19f0&feature=player_embedded

Had to be said..

Gemologica should be going live very soon. I think we're down to final art approval.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

*gigglesnort* Oh man. :) And I'm all ants in the pants about getting Gemologica ASAP. I'm looking at every possible surface and wondering how it will look like when I apply one of the shaders.

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

I knew putting the s-word in the topic title was going to be bad luck! Over a week and no news . . . :ohh:

• MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

It should be in the store on Friday.

edited December 1969

Marieah said:
    It should be in the store on Friday.

{ HUG! }

:wow:

This is one of those times we could really use our old emoticons -- like the happy-dance one!
    edited August 2012

The fabulous fakes or precious gem shaders would be best for that depending on how much time you have to render and the base geometry of the object in question. The precious ones are all raytraced reflection and refraction with transparency.. they take a while to render but they look really good on objects like those crystals that have modeled in facets... they look best with a 360 degree environment to reflect. The fabulous fakes are opaque with sparkles mapped in to specular and reflection channels, they render super fast and don't require anything else in the scene to look good. They don't look as convincing as the raytraced ones, obviously, but they're great for adding quick sparkle to things that don't have geometry conducive to the raytraced type. (or if you're in a hurry or have a slow computer)

Post edited by Fisty on
  • JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

Will those be part of this bundle?

If so I am really looking forward to this set

edited August 2012

wrong thread sorry

Post edited by JohnDelaquiox on
  • Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
    edited December 1969

Looks like a very cool release. Any idea how this will work in Carrara?
    Thanks

edited December 1969

The textures themselves should work well in most cases.. you might need to adjust the highlight size and strength some. I'm not a Carrara user myself but I would expect excellent results from most of the semi precious stones shaders with minor adjustment. Likewise the fun and funky styles should transfer well. The precious type and metals likely won't transfer well at all, but are supurfulous with Carara's built in shaders for those type of things. The embossing and etching type things all use displacement or bump or normal maps. I don't know exactly how they would transfer over, the maps themselves would definitely be usable but you might need to plug them in yourself.

edited December 1969

Is there any idea how much the set will cost?

edited December 1969

Marieah knows for sure, I don't remember 'cause I can't remember numbers for more than a couple seconds even if I'm trying.

Here's some examples used on the crystals from Snaggletooth Caverns. The "precious" and "fabulous fakes" ones. I used 3 regular distance lights with mapped shadows, the 360 environment is from my liquid shader freebie.

GemExamples.jpg
    800 x 900 - 413K
    edited December 1969

Awesome! this will let me complete a bunch of renders!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Looks great hon. Looking forward to this release!

• Kesha2009Kesha2009 Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

Oh Yeah!!! Awesome! Finally the wait is almost over! :~) Been watching and waiting for these like a hawk! Thanks! for the awesome work U 2 Do!

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Yes! Fisty & Marieah! :-)

• MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

Is there any idea how much the set will cost?

It will be about 20 bucks on intro sale.

There are more than 700 presets and Fisty and I spent many months on it, as those who frequented the thread in the old forum know.

edited December 1969

$20.00 sounds more than fair

I can dig it

edited December 1969

Yup, this has been the biggest and most time consuming product I've ever done.

edited December 1969

Fisty said:

And totally worth it. Fisty + Marieah = HIGH QUALITY GOODIES

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Fisty said:

And totally worth it. Fisty + Marieah = HIGH QUALITY GOODIES
    Which we're getting tomorrow! (And if they're not up by 8am DAZ-time on the dot I'm gonna start a Plat-Club style click-fest! :) )

edited December 1969

I'm so ecstatic about it. Because I want to apply shaders on every damn surface possible and go nuts.

• flashbackflashback Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    I'm so ecstatic about it. Because I want to apply shaders on every damn surface possible and go nuts.

With Fabricator, SilkEssence, Fisty's liquid and metal shaders. the utility shaders and now this.....Heck you could use shaders on every damn thing in a render!! lol

• kmw_5213kmw_5213 Posts: 74
    edited August 2012

I'm sorry for being the a-hole at the party but I've scanned the first page and can't really see if this is for Genesis. I'm assuming it is. And while these props look as beautiful as all get out, I don't see a reason to read through these pages if it's for Genesis.

So can anyone tell me?

Thx, appreciate the patience, and, like I said, sorry for being the downer.

kmw

Post edited by kmw_5213 on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

It's mostly shaders and for Studio. I think the pendant, which is the only geometry in the package, so far as I know, may be for Genesis, but Fisty will have to say for sure.

The shaders will be good for anything -- in Studio.

• kmw_5213kmw_5213 Posts: 74
    edited December 1969

Thank you, JOdel. Guess this particular party isn't for me then. ;)

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited August 2012

kmw_ said:
    I'm sorry for being the a-hole at the party but I've scanned the first page and can't really see if this is for Genesis. I'm assuming it is. And while these props look as beautiful as all get out, I don't see a reason to read through these pages if it's for Genesis.

So can anyone tell me?

Thx, appreciate the patience, and, like I said, sorry for being the downer.

kmw

The shaders should work on ANY surface in Studio, including the Genesis figure. If you want to make a humanoid creature made out of pure amethyst, for example, no problem. Some of the promo renders have shown the shaders applied to sword blades, which was an interesting look. From previous posts by Fisty & Mariah, the set includes metal and wood shaders, and probably a lot more I can't think of off the top of my head. It isn't just for applying to jewelry items. I can see them being nice for possibly making some interesting eyes, for example. And don't forget about clothing, buildings, vehicles, monsters. The possibilities seem endless.

Your needs may not be the same as mine, but I can't see not finding hundreds of uses for these shaders, and my main interest in using Studio is to do superhero renders. I'm sure that they'll be awesome in every other genre, too.

In a nutshell, yes, they should work just fine with Genesis. One of the best things I ever did was learn how to use shaders; now it's kind of an addiction.

Edit: I just now realized that kmw is looking for things that are NOT Genesis/Studio. Sorry. Oops. :red:

Post edited by riftwitch on