DIM refuses to install

EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 414

For some reason, after uninstalling the Daz Install Manager, any effort to reinstall it makes the install file only hang on the taskbar and never do anything. Same if I try to install Daz 4.x straight up.

Computer info;

Windows 10
CPU- i7 9700
RAM 40GB
GPU GE-Force1660

Post edited by Eboshijaana on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191

Are you uninstalling the older version and reinstalling? What security software are you using?

• EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 414

Richard Haseltine said:

Are you uninstalling the older version and reinstalling? What security software are you using?

I had issues with DIM starting so I uninstalled it due to that, I'm using the newest version found on the site. My security software is F-secure and it has never forced a program to not start before.

OK, DIM/DS shutting down on start is a known issue for some users (who may be able to fix it by changing one of the .dll files used, though it's not clear why only some are affected or what other consequences that fix may have). However, I am not at all sure that your issue is the same - still, it may be worth going to the Application folder and making sure it has no left-overs in it before trying to reinstall.

Richard Haseltine said:

OK, DIM/DS shutting down on start is a known issue for some users (who may be able to fix it by changing one of the .dll files used, though it's not clear why only some are affected or what other consequences that fix may have). However, I am not at all sure that your issue is the same - still, it may be worth going to the Application folder and making sure it has no left-overs in it before trying to reinstall.

The way I uninstall, there is nothing left that should stall the installation.

What are the files to change?

Eboshijaana said:

Richard Haseltine said:

The way you uninstall? That sounds a little alarming.

Richard Haseltine said:

Eboshijaana said:

Richard Haseltine said:

I use Revo Uninstaller, which does a through clean of any remaining files that might be left. Served me well so far.

Eboshijaana said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Eboshijaana said:

Richard Haseltine said:

I use Revo Uninstaller, which does a through clean of any remaining files that might be left. Served me well so far.

OK, though it's always possible that on this occasion it has somehow left a booby trap behind it. In any event, I am not wholly convinced of the wisdom of swapping .dll files for others downloaded from the web.

Richard Haseltine said:

Eboshijaana said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Eboshijaana said:

Richard Haseltine said:

OK, though it's always possible that on this occasion it has somehow left a booby trap behind it. In any event, I am not wholly convinced of the wisdom of swapping .dll files for others downloaded from the web.

Ah, I misunderstood what you meant by the changing of .dlls.

I'm just trying to figure why the DIM is not installing but just stalling in the taskbar.

So an update; Managed to install DIM using windows safe mode.