About making tops to open. Uploaded

patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
edited September 2014 in Hexagon Discussion

Okay, yes it is possible.

I have had and/or read several requests for to be able to open the tops ... the tops all being $ products which were not intended to be opened.

So this morning I had some time and found a way, so yes it is possible.
It would make for a PRIVATE work ... absolutely no sharing [unless the entire things is your work in the first place of course].

Was working with the Adventure shirt for Genesis ... made a couple of slips in the first try ... so planning to redo and then put together the tutorial showing the slips and the end result ... if there still be interest?

Post edited by patience55 on

Comments

• launoklaunok Posts: 778
    edited September 2014

Okay, yes it is possible.

I have had and/or read several requests for to be able to open the tops ... the tops all being $ products which were not intended to be opened.

So this morning I had some time and found a way, so yes it is possible.
    It would make for a PRIVATE work ... absolutely no sharing [unless the entire things is your work in the first place of course].

Was working with the Adventure shirt for Genesis ... made a couple of slips in the first try ... so planning to redo and then put together the tutorial showing the slips and the end result ... if there still be interest?

Hi, if you are going to do this in tutorial form then I will be most definitely interested as you know! :) (Or are you referring to the cut of mesh as you have taught me?)

Post edited by launok on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,793
    edited December 1969

I have made it shareable as a morph

edited September 2014

I have made it shareable as a morph

What have you made shareable as a morph? Morph for the mentioned Adventure Shirt for Genesis? I am not sure if I have this shirt, or not. Is it maybe part of the Genesis starter essentials? I want to learn to make morphs on a jacket with middle seam so that it can open/close and even add extra morphs to the jacket.

Post edited by launok on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,793
    edited September 2014

no not that one :lol:
    an opening on a shirt
    you need one not welded in front though, no idea if that is
    basicaly pull the fabric open using soft select in your vertex modeler of choice load it in morph loader and save as support asset morph
    you can share the dsf in data like I did for somebody
    mine was not that great BTW, was suggesting idea not offering the morph

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

an opening on a shirt
    basicaly pull the fabric open using soft select in your vertex modeler of choice load it in morph loader and save as support asset morph

Thanks for explanation. I have just learned from Catherine how to cut a mesh in Hexagon but now wants to add morphs. :)

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited September 2014

an opening on a shirt

I assure everyone, that is not doable as a morph! Yes this is an example [a very nice shirt btw] for making it possible to open a closed mesh item.

Taking another go at it, I'm finding a few inconsistencies for how/what the programs are doing so ironing those out.

From the point at which, the mesh is cut, the item a made/saved piece of clothing, then how to morph it open is where Laura and those making their own clothing item can jump in too.

It'll cover cutting the mesh, sending it over as a prop, making the clothing in such manner as to keep all those lovely morphs, fixing the shading domains [D/S's fav make work project atm], and saving the clothing item without damaging one's purchased treasures. That's the goal anyway ... disclaimer stands though, I'm not responsible for your stuff and/or your computer, everybody has their own responsibilities.

Unless one is working entirely with one's OWN creations, any works created this way are for one's sole use, they are NOT redistributable. Of course image renders made are still yours to do with as with whatever license one had in the first place for the original item.

This is the PC item I'm working with. http://www.daz3d.com/adventurer-for-genesis-male

Update; images done, will put into .pdf "tomorrow".

edited December 1969

Okay ...

As a little extra I also put together something about Smoothing Edges to better illustrate the whys of edge tessellation as opposed to simply adding SubDivision IF attempting to fix mesh problems.

The main tutorial:
    Cutting Seams

smoothing_edges_promo.png
    732 x 947 - 80K
    cutting_seams_promo.png
    735 x 945 - 139K
    edited September 2014

Okay ...

As a little extra I also put together something about Smoothing Edges to better illustrate the whys of edge tessellation as opposed to simply adding SubDivision IF attempting to fix mesh problems.

The main tutorial:
    Cutting Seams

Thank you Catherine, this tutorials are much appreciated! :-)

Have you included in them also how to make morphs, i.e. the jacket I made on the cutting thread on how to open the jacket more, i.e. as in the sample images?
    And how can one make a wind blow morph also when the jacket is open? For example cyclist riding with zipped open jacket blowing in wind kind of. Also, morph with v-opening as per image after cut has been made (not zipped up fully kind of). I have tried with the already made cut in Hexagon but have NO idea on how to make the jacket more open - stuck here! :smirk: I have tried following the steps you gave at some time but I do struggle in Hexagon on how to move the lines/dots/etc.

Laura

U03A-front_side-withU21A-500.jpg
    448 x 500 - 42K
    SanRemo-SpeedSuit-open.jpg
    645 x 300 - 115K
    LGjersey10.jpg
    800 x 406 - 277K
    Post edited by launok on
    edited September 2014

launok said:
    Okay ...

The main tutorial:
    Cutting Seams

Have you included in them also how to make morphs, i.e. the jacket I made on the cutting thread on how to open the jacket more, i.e. as in the sample images?
    And how can one make a wind blow morph also when the jacket is open? For example cyclist riding with zipped open jacket blowing in wind kind of. Also, morph with v-opening as per image after cut has been made (not zipped up fully kind of). I have tried with the already made cut in Hexagon but have NO idea on how to make the jacket more open - stuck here! :smirk: I have tried following the steps you gave at some time but I do struggle in Hexagon on how to move the lines/dots/etc.

Laura

Yes Laura the tutorial covers the basics for to make a couple of morphs and how to save them.

To make morphs for the images shown, just collect more of the faces and squish/move them over. Use that funny looking thing [manipulator] with 3 lines and arrows and 4 cubes. The cubes are for squishing and/or resizing smaller or larger. The arrows for moving the selection around. Normally one does not want to overlap the mesh lines.
    Have fun.

edited September 2014

launok said:
    Okay ...

The main tutorial:
    Cutting Seams

Laura

Yes Laura the tutorial covers the basics for to make a couple of morphs and how to save them.

To make morphs for the images shown, just collect more of the faces and squish/move them over. Use that funny looking thing [manipulator] with 3 lines and arrows and 4 cubes. The cubes are for squishing and/or resizing smaller or larger. The arrows for moving the selection around. Normally one does not want to overlap the mesh lines.
    Have fun.

Thank you Catherine for all your help! I just need to keep practising. I have also seen a tutorial by you at DA regarding morphing on clothes, though it is for the skirt but still a great help too! I will also give the separate skirt tutorial a go too! :-)

EDIT:
    If they talk about adding or using "handles" on clothing, etc. in Daz Studio 4.6, does this refer to the auto-fit or transfer utility or part of morphing? I have also came across dialled morphs? Any tuts on these? Pardon all the silly questions but things are a bit overwhelming when one is just starting, lol.

Post edited by launok on
    edited December 1969

launok said:
    ... edit ...

EDIT:
    If they talk about adding or using "handles" on clothing, etc. in Daz Studio 4.6, does this refer to the auto-fit or transfer utility or part of morphing? I have also came across dialled morphs? Any tuts on these? Pardon all the silly questions but things are a bit overwhelming when one is just starting, lol.

No. I don't recall making much mention about handles, nor auto-fit etc. There are some good products by the pros in the store for the more involved clothing creation projects. For example those by SickleYield ... she usually has tutorials with her products showing how to use them.
    There are also some threads [either in Nuts 'n Bolts or in the Commons] about "how to" do various things with regards to clothing creation, fitting, auto-fit, conversions, etc.

After you have made and saved your morphs, they are over on the Parameters Tab. Dialing morphs simply means adjusting the sliders to add or remove from the figure/clothing those particular morphs.